• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he plays with a lot of good players which keeps some numbers down...and plenty of good front court players in the East.
I don’t even know what his numbers are. I’m talking about watching him play. He’s an afterthought on offense around 2 ball dominant players.
He's become a much better player all around since his rookie season...and of course made all NBA 1st team D at age 21. Put him on a team like Toronto where he is needed to do more he likely has better numbers like Barnes...and maybe his elite D leads to winning more games.
I disagree. He was a great defender at USC as well. He really hasn’t gotten better. Where he needed to grow to his potential was at the offensive end. He should be a dominant 3 level scorer. In the Cavs offense he’s an after thought. That may be why Bickerstaff won’t survive the end of this season. Mobley was drafted to be a star and he isn’t close to being that guy.
Year 3 season has been as good or better than Giannis. No, does not mean he can be Giannis but kooky talk to think he has not developed.
Giannis was a long term prospect and wasn’t as NBA ready as Mobley was when he came into the league. Mobley is maybe a tick better than the player he was at USC. If you must compare him to Giannis, in their first three years Giannis grew at a much faster rate as a prospect.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings in the OKC tonight and Shai is back. Jdub still questionable though. The Spurs are in town tomorrow night so I kind of think Shai will play tonight then sit tomorrow night when Jdub makes his return. The Kings need this game.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I can understand leaving the Warriors out, but the Thunder? That’s just wrong.
Well, he's such a good fan of the Knicks AND Warriors after all

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even know what his numbers are. I’m talking about watching him play. He’s an afterthought on offense around 2 ball dominant players.

I disagree. He was a great defender at USC as well. He really hasn’t gotten better. Where he needed to grow to his potential was at the offensive end. He should be a dominant 3 level scorer. In the Cavs offense he’s an after thought. That may be why Bickerstaff won’t survive the end of this season. Mobley was drafted to be a star and he isn’t close to being that guy.

Giannis was a long term prospect and wasn’t as NBA ready as Mobley was when he came into the league. Mobley is maybe a tick better than the player he was at USC. If you must compare him to Giannis, in their first three years Giannis grew at a much faster rate as a prospect.
You cannot watch the games and think he's an afterthought on O. You'd also know most of the time he is on the court only 1 of Mitchell and Garland is in with him.

Been a lot of great college defenders. Mobley is one of 2 in history of sport to make all NBA D by age 21.

Idea you cannot offer any facts to support your agenda tells me everything I need to know. Like this (or the one above).....There are maybe a handful of players averaging 15.9 ppg or better, 9.5 rpg or better and shooting 58% or better in the entire league. Mobley and his teammate are 2 of them. Never mind the elite defense, as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot watch the games and think he's an afterthought on O. You'd also know most of the time he is on the court only 1 of Mitchell and Garland is in with him.

Been a lot of great college defenders. Mobley is one of 2 in history of sport to make all NBA D by age 21.

Idea you cannot offer any facts to support your agenda tells me everything I need to know. Like this (or the one above).....There are maybe a handful of players averaging 15.9 ppg or better, 9.5 rpg or better and shooting 58% or better in the entire league. Mobley and his teammate are 2 of them. Never mind the elite defense, as well.
I’m wasting my time. You’re a homer.

You win. Mobley is a star and everybody else is wrong. He’s reached his comparative and he’s become Kevin Durant and everybody else just missed it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m wasting my time. You’re a homer.

You win. Mobley is a star and everybody else is wrong. He’s reached his comparative and he’s become Kevin Durant and everybody else just missed it.
Mea Culpa. I looked at the numbers and I was totally wrong. He’s not the same guy he was as a rookie. Look at this huge uptick in usage and production since his rookie year. His development hasn’t been quelled at all. Imagine drafting KD 2.0 and using him purely as a screener/spacer.

IMG_4205.pngIMG_4204.png

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mea Culpa. I looked at the numbers and I was totally wrong. He’s not the same guy he was as a rookie. Look at this huge uptick in usage and production since his rookie year. His development hasn’t been quelled at all. Imagine drafting KD 2.0 and using him purely as a screener/spacer.

View attachment 359198View attachment 359199
Thanks for making my point for me but was not necessary to show me this as I already knew his assists, rebounds, overall shooting, 3 point shooting and FT shooting have all gone up since his rookie season despite adding that Mitchell fellow. Never mind still an elite defender.

not sure who said he'd be Durant, Tommy.

You calling anyone a homer is like Augustus Gloop telling a kid he is obese.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for making my point for me but was not necessary to show me this as I already knew his assists, rebounds, overall shooting, 3 point shooting and FT shooting have all gone up since his rookie season despite adding that Mitchell fellow. Never mind still an elite defender.

not sure who said he'd be Durant, Tommy.

.6 Per game = going up and this is supposed to mark his development?!?!?! He gets fewer shots this year than he did as a rookie? You’re insane. What good does a higher 3pt % mean when he still only shoots 1 per game?

The Cavs dealt for Mitchell and it has quelled the development of the best asset in their entire organization. You must take the Kool Aid at all 3 meals every day for you to not see this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 154,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.6 Per game = going up and this is supposed to mark his development?!?!?! He gets fewer shots this year than he did as a rookie? You’re insane. What good does a higher 3pt % mean when he still only shoots 1 per game?

The Cavs dealt for Mitchell and it has quelled the development of the best asset in their entire organization. You must take the Kool Aid at all 3 meals every day for you to not see this.
Well he can start developing again next year because they are going to have to move Mitchell.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 359198View attachment 359199
I debated this with DTFoolsGold earlier this season.

SMH.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been hypercritical of the Sixers player development. I was just talking about this the other day. Most glaring example is Ben Simmons. Don’t look now but the Mobley story is Simmons-esque. Guy comes in as a rookie and is a ROTY candidate (he actually won) and takes the league by storm. Meanwhile, he never gets better as a Sixer from the 16/8/8 guy he was. He never took his game to the next level commensurate with his abilities. In the Simmons case, it was equal parts Simmons and Sixers organization at fault. In Mobley’s case, (and this is good for you) its been mostly Bickerstaff and the Cavs under utilizing him.