• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in favor. If he goes to Cleveland that means he can’t come to Philly. I would rather see Cleveland invest in that mistake than the Sixers.

Wtf you want the sixers to do if not George?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf you want the sixers to do if not George?
Wait and see what happens. Somebody is going to come out of playoffs and not want to be there anymore. Sixers have 4 picks they can deal. PG13 is over the hill and never a playoff performer to begin with.

When you win the championship (as they will do this summer), players will come to you.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...if he means they were not keeping that pace and winning 70 sure.

But the Cavs have played pretty well this year (not 18-2 well) when Mitchell plays and doesn't suck.
So when everything is perfect for them? Got it

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree if you mean a title or maybe even Finals as that's not happening I don't think with Mitchell as our best player. But might be a little early to give up the notion the 22-year-old Mobley can become our best player.

Need to trade Garland? If we can get a stud SF for him or even a bigger SG, sure. But that's easier said than done. Idea this team cannot win with these guards and bigs a bit of a fallacy. I mean, drop prime or even current Lebron or Kawhi on this team and we are among the title favorites.

are we getting either of them? Of course not....but just shows that with a stud SF this group can go far. same was true of Lillard and CJ. Their issue was their 3rd best player was often Nurkic who hardly played. Get them some bigs who could help them on D and a stud wing? They could have made more noise.
On the Zach Lowe podcast today, they questioned Mobley’s ceiling.

I bullshit you not, the name Derrick Favors was being bandied about.

That’s fucking HARSH.

I get that he hasn’t improved as much as expected, he’s actually plateaued.

But fffs, Favors?

If the Cavs flame out in the 1st round, I think Mitchell is gone.

If he doesn’t agree to the extension this Summer, you cannot let him reach free agency.

Losing him for nothing after giving up a guy who became a Allstar in Markannen would be catastrophic.

Obviously, you’d rather keep Donovan over Garland.

But he controls his own destiny.

You don’t risk not having either if he refuses to commit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s fucking HARSH.

But fffs, Favors?

If he doesn’t agree to the extension this Summer, you cannot let him reach free agency.

Losing him for nothing after giving up a guy who became a Allstar in Markannen would be catastrophic.

Remember the good ole days when Wiggy acted like Mobley would be better than Bam in no time?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s fucking HARSH.

But fffs, Favors?

Hasn't improved and has plateaued? Points are not up but still around 15-16 per with 2 ball dominant guards. Rebounds, assists, blocks all up and shooting % has gone way up each season. I mean, send him to Utah instead of LM and Mobley's numbers go way up. I don't think he scores more than LM but something like 20 and 12 seems about right for him there....and maybe his elite D helps lead to more wins? LM stays here with the 2 ball dominant guards? I suspect he scores more like what he did when he was here before being dealt to Utah.

I'd say almost no chance we lose Mitchell for nothing.....if he will not extend this summer I'm near certain he will be traded for the reasons you gave....cannot lose him for nothing. Not sure where he thinks he can go, though, who he's confident will be better than where he is once that team depletes their roster to either trade for him or have the money to sign him in FA if that happened.

I am not naive that it's not possible he wants to leave.....but so far the only thing we know is the guy was ecstatic when he found out he was coming here and he has said he's never been happier. These things actually happened. He's never said or done anything to imply he is not happy here.....yet.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s fucking HARSH.

But fffs, Favors?

The day they traded for Mitchell I told everybody here that this move would quell the development of Mobley.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s fucking HARSH.

But fffs, Favors?

In December Mobley had arthroscopic knee surgery and he missed some time with an ankle injury this season.

Had to look this up but his numbers aren't bad this season considering all the time he's missed. Career high in FG%. And his 3-point percentage has greatly improved, .216 last season and .377 this season.

He has career lows in minutes per game and shots. But has career highs in rebounding and assists.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool....but it hasn't. uy has gotten better each season and still only 22
It absolutely has. He should be an All Star at this point. He’s mostly the same player he was when he got out of USC. It’s a shame because I loved him as a prospect.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely has. He should be an All Star at this point. He’s mostly the same player he was when he got out of USC. It’s a shame because I loved him as a prospect.
I mean, he plays with a lot of good players which keeps some numbers down...and plenty of good front court players in the East. He's become a much better player all around since his rookie season...and of course made all NBA 1st team D at age 21. Put him on a team like Toronto where he is needed to do more he likely has better numbers like Barnes...and maybe his elite D leads to winning more games.

Year 3 season has been as good or better than Giannis. No, does not mean he can be Giannis but kooky talk to think he has not developed.