• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting on that blow it up part. Presti keeps figuring out ways to double down on it happening.

I’m not sure I’d be banking on it

The clippers, even when they’ve been bad in the last decade or so haven’t been awful

At some point they’ll have cap space and some picks to deal to not bottom out. Probably look like the nets do now

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure I’d be banking on it

The clippers, even when they’ve been bad in the last decade or so haven’t been awful

At some point they’ll have cap space and some picks to deal to not bottom out. Probably look like the nets do now
If @Mecca wants it blown up I plan to support her

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans in the OKC tonight

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know if I like this. This is likely their closing group too. Personally, I would have Batum and Harris as my forwards, Maxey and Melton my guards and of course Embiid in there. With 4 new bodies to integrate into the rotation to see what you have I guess this isn’t a problem in the short term. I have enough guys who can score on the floor already. I want a guy out there with Melton that can guard.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know if I like this. This is likely their closing group too. Personally, I would have Batum and Harris as my forwards, Maxey and Melton my guards and of course Embiid in there. With 4 new bodies to integrate into the rotation to see what you have I guess this isn’t a problem in the short term. I have enough guys who can score on the floor already. I want a guy out there with Melton that can guard.
I don’t know what their second group is:
Pat Bev, Jaden Springer, RoCo, Batum, BBall Paul? Who scores with that group? You need Oubre with that group.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is only like a week old but the Knicks have already played 2 b2b’s.
They have 7 or 8 more before the AS break and have 12 total for the season
Do all teams get the same amount of this ridiculous nonsense??

Asking for a bunch of friends.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is only like a week old but the Knicks have already played 2 b2b’s.
They have 7 or 8 more before the AS break and have 12 total for the season
Do all teams get the same amount of this ridiculous nonsense??
Not sure what the Sixers season number is but they always get screwed because the Flyers own the building the Sixers play in. Therefore, the NHL gets to schedule first in the building. They also have to worry about things like the Icecapades being in town during the holidays and concerts.

This past week the Sixers opened on Thursday and then played a back to back Saturday and Sunday. 3 games in 4 days and then no games until this Thursday. It’s so fucked up. I hear their demand to have big time players on the floor and avoiding load management. But try and meet people in the middle and budge a little bit on the back to backs and 3 games in 4 days.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Batum isn't even with the team.

His family is taking the trade hard.

So, makes total sense, short term.

ETA: He's not playing.

He is present.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batum isn't even with the team.

His family is taking the trade hard.

So, makes total sense, short term.
Oh wow. Hadn’t read that. Hopefully he retires, the Sixers call shenanigans, the league steps in and Mann is a Sixer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow. Hadn’t read that. Hopefully he retires, the Sixers call shenanigans, the league steps in and Mann is a Sixer.
I really liked him.

Would have much rather you keep Tucker and we kept Batum.

But, yeah....

His Wife went all Lauren Holiday, Ana Horford.

In a post to X on Monday, Batum’s wife Lily seemed to call out the Clippers for the move. Lily shared a quote from Lauren Holiday, wife of NBA guard Jrue Holiday, about how caught off-guard the Holiday family was that Jrue had been traded by the Milwaukee Bucks this summer. Lily then included a GIF of Tupac Shakur saying, “Trust nobody.”

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get how they didn’t keep Martin

You didn’t need to add him and petrusev

Not like Martin is a deal breaker but it feels like they dumped Martin after getting to see him In person for a month…

Yeah 2030, brown and seconds are your ammo

Should be enough for grants atrocious contact (whcih who cares since the cap is going up and you can’t tank for 5 years anyway)

Probably not enough for dfs

The other thing is, using powell since there’s not really room for Russ harden powell and bones imo

Might as well use one of bones or powell to get the pf you need
Dunno if Philly asked for him.

I was looking forward to having KJ.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hes salary filler

Use him as part of that hield like deal we discussed last night

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked him.

Would have much rather you keep Tucker and we kept Batum.

But, yeah....

His Wife went all Lauren Holiday, Ana Horford.

In a post to X on Monday, Batum’s wife Lily seemed to call out the Clippers for the move. Lily shared a quote from Lauren Holiday, wife of NBA guard Jrue Holiday, about how caught off-guard the Holiday family was that Jrue had been traded by the Milwaukee Bucks this summer. Lily then included a GIF of Tupac Shakur saying, “Trust nobody.”

My heart goes out to her for having to adjust. I hope the career earnings of $187 million make it easier for her to deal.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I don’t like Hield though.

Whoever

Just someone short term so you aren’t totally dumping this year

In case the right star isn’t available

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever

Just someone short term so you aren’t totally dumping this year

In case the right star isn’t available
I want to amend what you were saying last night. If Sixers just move some of the expirings for some depth guys they come into the draft with 4 picks they can deal and 4 swaps. Then they can get involved for a big time guy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to amend what you were saying last night. If Sixers just move some of the expirings for some depth guys they come into the draft with 4 picks they can deal and 4 swaps. Then they can get involved for a big time guy.

Yeah, I think the most likely guys to become available this season are siakam and Lavine