• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! You had me until you offered up the coach swap. The Sixers could make that deal work. They are in the unusual position where they can take on a trade like that without the other team having to take back any salary whatsoever. Counting this year’s first, they can deal 4 first round picks and the trading team can get those picks PLUS a big piece of cap relief.

The pick they got for springer is looking pretty nice

I think it’s 41 right now

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is Tyus jones, man you can see I don’t watch a lot of BB

With that ,now that I have seen enough of Brunson to make such a claim…

This kid can play , he’s so creative in how he uses his hands and how his mind works it is so fun to watch.

my honest opinion is he’s just not an attention grabber as the other superstars in the league . He’s blue collar all the way. That’s why New Yorkers love him so much

...and I can see you don't watch outside of your Knicks games. Everyone knows Brunson, he's been a story since his last year in Dallas.

Tyus Jones: 12ppg on 10 shots per game in 29.3 min, 48.9/41.4/80 shooting, 2.7 reb, 7.3 ast, 0.3 blk, 1.1 stl, 0.7 PF, 1.0 TO
Brunson: 27.4ppg on 20.5 shots per game in 35 min, 47.7/40.1/84.5 shooting, 3.6 reb, 6.5 ast, 0.2 blk, 0.9 stl, 1.9 PF, 2.4 TO

Sure, Tyus likely doesn't scale up to Brunson's scoring if they double his looks, but the stats are very similar otherwise.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick they got for springer is looking pretty nice

I think it’s 41 right now
It’s all about what they do with it and how they commit to developing the player. The Sixers have had some legit pieces that have walked through the door during this Embiid tenure and I feel like they’ve left those pieces under developed. Maxey has really evolved but I think they could have gotten more out of pieces like BBall Paul, Springer, Thybulle, Fultz, Isaiah Joe, Bassey, etc… Sixers have really lagged with player development. That’s why I think in the end the best course of action for them is to utilize those picks in trades for players somebody else has already developed.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all about what they do with it and how they commit to developing the player. The Sixers have had some legit pieces that have walked through the door during this Embiid tenure and I feel like they’ve left those pieces under developed. Maxey has really evolved but I think they could have gotten more out of pieces like BBall Paul, Springer, Thybulle, Fultz, Isaiah Joe, Bassey, etc… Sixers have really lagged with player development. That’s why I think in the end the best course of action for them is to utilize those picks in trades for players somebody else has already developed.

The hawks will happily let you take a guy just for a pick or two to get below the tax

There will be other teams like that as well

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawks will happily let you take a guy just for a pick or two to get below the tax

There will be other teams like that as well
And I’m still open to watching these playoffs with an open heart and mind for some of the players that are here that aren’t under contract next year to bring back. Hield, Oubre, Melton, really fit that bill. I think 2 of those 3 will be pieces that they commit to going forward.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I’m still open to watching these playoffs with an open heart and mind for some of the players that are here that aren’t under contract next year to bring back. Hield, Oubre, Melton, really fit that bill. I think 2 of those 3 will be pieces that they commit to going forward.

That will put a big dent in your cap space

I’d wager over 30m for mElton and hield combined

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I can see you don't watch outside of your Knicks games. Everyone knows Brunson, he's been a story since his last year in Dallas.

Tyus Jones: 12ppg on 10 shots per game in 29.3 min, 48.9/41.4/80 shooting, 2.7 reb, 7.3 ast, 0.3 blk, 1.1 stl, 0.7 PF, 1.0 TO
Brunson: 27.4ppg on 20.5 shots per game in 35 min, 47.7/40.1/84.5 shooting, 3.6 reb, 6.5 ast, 0.2 blk, 0.9 stl, 1.9 PF, 2.4 TO

Sure, Tyus likely doesn't scale up to Brunson's scoring if they double his looks, but the stats are very similar otherwise.
Ohh wtf you got all these numbers in your head?

Dammmm

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all seriousness if things go to shit for bostkn my guess is holiday may be the one on the block due to his age (older than jays) needing a new deal, Celtics tax concerns, and how his fit is with white here

Could be a deal to go full circle

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh wtf you got all these numbers in your head?

Dammmm
NLnl8E.gif

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will put a big dent in your cap space

I’d wager over 30m for mElton and hield combined
We talked about this before. The FA market is going to look meager. Have to spend cap somewhere. They can do a ton of things with just Embiid and Maxey’s cap hold on their books. As long as Maxey goes last, the Sixers can not only spend cap, they can go to the luxury tax levels in team building knowing Maxey goes last and gets his max. I don’t think Melton/Hield $30 combined is that bad if they can go as high as the tax. Somebody is going to have to get that salary.

A weird sort of benefit they get with Embiid’s injury is as a 7 or 8 seed they get right to the important shit. Are you for real or not right away. BBall Paul’s salary becomes guaranteed if the Sixers win in round 1. If they win in round 1 vs the Celtics or Bucks then they’re a team that can go to at least the ECF or Finals. Or they aren’t and they lose. Well, BBall Paul’s salary is one they can quit on and that opens up doors to making that Hield/Melton/Oubre stuff work. Every little bit of space helps.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talked about this before. The FA market is going to look meager. Have to spend cap somewhere. They can do a ton of things with just Embiid and Maxey’s cap hold on their books. As long as Maxey goes last, the Sixers can not only spend cap, they can go to the luxury tax levels in team building knowing Maxey goes last and gets his max. I don’t think Melton/Hield $30 combined is that bad if they can go as high as the tax. Somebody is going to have to get that salary.

A weird sort of benefit they get with Embiid’s injury is as a 7 or 8 seed they get right to the important shit. Are you for real or not right away. BBall Paul’s salary becomes guaranteed if the Sixers win in round 1. If they win in round 1 vs the Celtics or Bucks then they’re a team that can go to at least the ECF or Finals. Or they aren’t and they lose. Well, BBall Paul’s salary is one they can quit on and that opens up doors to making that Hield/Melton/Oubre stuff work. Every little bit of space helps.

I mean those guys have cap holds

They still have Paul’s salary as well

That’s 58m with him and embiid

It’s another 58 in cap holds for hield maxey and mElton

That alone leaves 25m in cap space without accounting for the 11m in empty roster charges

You will need to lose some guys or sign them much cheaper than 58m combined to have serious cap space

You could go the tax resigning your guys

But that seems unlikely based on the rest of the roster

basing numbers on this:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean those guys have cap holds

They still have Paul’s salary as well

That’s 58m with him and embiid

It’s another 58 in cap holds for hield maxey and mElton

That alone leaves 25m in cap space without accounting for the 11m in empty roster charges

You will need to lose some guys or sign them much cheaper than 58m combined to have serious cap space

You could go the tax resigning your guys

But that seems unlikely based on the rest of the roster

basing numbers on this:

The Sixers don’t need to go to the level of “hold” on these guys. Teams that are capped out have to do that. The Sixers have a ton of space. They can still offer more than most on the open market because of their cap position.

Here’s what I mean. What if all the teams in vs the Sixers on Hield can only offer the full Midlevel exception. That’s probably like 11-12 million per year. Sixers can offer 14-15 or maybe they just need to match that salary of the full midlevel. They get to negotiate with space while others are locked into the being capped out situation.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers don’t need to go to the level of “hold” on these guys. Teams that are capped out have to do that. The Sixers have a ton of space. They can still offer more than most on the open market because of their cap position.

Here’s what I mean. What if all the teams in vs the Sixers on Hield can only offer the full Midlevel exception. That’s probably like 11-12 million per year. Sixers can offer 14-15 or maybe they just need to match that salary of the full midlevel. They get to negotiate with space while others are locked into the being capped out situation.

They still have to do the hold until he signs for less or they renounce him

I’d watch out for Orlando and okc on hield

Both have the cap space to make an offer

But even if you get hield for less than his hold you still have mElton and maxey who will get way more

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have to do the hold until he signs for less or they renounce him

I’d watch out for Orlando and okc on hield

Both have the cap space to make an offer

But even if you get hield for less than his hold you still have mElton and maxey who will get way more
I was talking about renouncing them. They can do that and still negotiate because they have the cap space.