• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last 40 years there are less than 40 teams that have been top 5 in both net offense and net defense. For the non math wizzes that’s less than 1 team a season. This year there are 2, the Celtics are as well. Yea if the Thunder can break the mold and win a couple series it would be a surprise. But if they do they are only continuing the pattern they have already started of doing things never done before at the stage they are at.

I am extremely jealous of the rebuild Presti has done here and the Thunder are the best positioned franchise in the league right now.

That said...when it comes to the NBA I'm taking vet experience every time. I seen you acknowledged the 2nd round as gravy...but they could even fall into a GS or LA matchup with the first round and man...that could be surprising.

OKC is going to be a top 5 team for probably the next 5 years minimum so as I said...super jealous. But all the net ratings (even though I am a nerd for it myself) goes out the window in May and June

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am extremely jealous of the rebuild Presti has done here and the Thunder are the best positioned franchise in the league right now.

That said...when it comes to the NBA I'm taking vet experience every time. I seen you acknowledged the 2nd round as gravy...but they could even fall into a GS or LA matchup with the first round and man...that could be surprising.

OKC is going to be a top 5 team for probably the next 5 years minimum so as I said...super jealous. But all the net ratings (even though I am a nerd for it myself) goes out the window in May and June
Actually, they don’t. Those net ratings have traditionally been solid for projecting playoff success. I understand where Thunder is coming from.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder won by 7 points.

Acting like Luka wouldn't make a difference is pretty silly.
Never said no difference, I said the Thunder weren’t losing last night.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they don’t. Those net ratings have traditionally been solid for projecting playoff success. I understand where Thunder is coming from.
They may lose in the 1st round, it could happen. But if they do it won’t just be your typical young team losing. They are far from typical, and that’s the point.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the Thunder are the better team after a game which the Mavs were without Luka.
They most definitely are the better team. There is this thing called the standings, you know the scoreboard for how good you are.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs looking pretty set as far as who is going to make it. The gap between 10 and 11 is growing in the Eastern conference now too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if it is two vet teams going at it yes I'd agree. I think ive shown many times I cite net ratings in player evaluation.

Until a young team comes in from nowhere and wins a title I'm going with the old man theory that it ain't happening for a team like that.

Granted we had Larry's Celtics and Magics Lakers win titles as they were young..but those were teams built with players who'd been there.

It would be cool for them to break the mold though. so I'm not rooting against them. (especially against the Nuggets and Warriors)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea first round is no lock from them no matter who they play. Kings is probably the best bet for them to have a quick and no stress series. Against anyone else then it is a long 2 weeks for them. They are going to lose a home game in round 1 and is playing a 6 or 7 game series round 1

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Make them make contested shots.

If Al Horford is allowed to catch and shoot rhythm 3s and he scores 20 points, you aren’t beating them.

Especially not when Tatum and Brown are getting their 65 points also.

I’d say brown and holiday

Brown off the bounce

Live with holiday getting open looks that aren’t corner 3s and deal with it

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Lent so I don’t devour sports the way I usually do. Totally missed the Sixers signing Kai Jones to a 10 day contract. I know next to nothing about the guy. Clearly, if you’re available on a 10 day this late in the season, you ain’t knocking down the door on an All Star selection or anything.

I’m interested in any assessment of the player you guys can share.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Lent so I don’t devour sports the way I usually do. Totally missed the Sixers signing Kai Jones to a 10 day contract. I know next to nothing about the guy. Clearly, if you’re available on a 10 day this late in the season, you ain’t knocking down the door on an All Star selection or anything.

He was one of the highest upside guys in his draft

I recall one article where the scouts/execs said if anyone in the lottery was going to make them look dumb for passing on him it was Jones

He’s got size, length, athleticism, flashed some shooting skills. But his ft% shows that might be a little overstated.

You could see there’s some serious talent in him

But he’s also kinda off mentally. That’s one reason why Charlotte released him

He’s rehabbing his career now.

Probably needed to go somewhere more developmental but 10 day guys can’t be too picky

The reality is he’s only played 600ish nba minutes

On Charlotte of all teams, whose bench is an expansion franchise level of bad

He’s really raw.

It’s a weird signing for them

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More info