• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasn't called on to be that. Just like Pippen wasn't.

let's put it this way

Given McHales defensive profess is he a better 2 than Pierce or Allen? An argument can absolutely be made as to yes.

I'd say the same thing about Dumars. He's not an alpha but as a supporting player he could actually be a better cog in some instances.

Yeah, on second thought I am rescinding the 2008 Celtics being a superteam.

Lots of great supporting players weren’t superstars.

Dumars definitely wasn’t.

Pippen is debatebale. One of those fringe guys.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, on second thought I am rescinding the 2008 Celtics being a superteam.

Lots of great supporting players weren’t superstars.

Dumars definitely wasn’t.

Pippen is debatebale. One of those fringe guys.

the term is stupid anyway.

Phoenix is a super team I guess

They'd get drummed by the 04 Pistons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the term is stupid anyway.

Phoenix is a super team I guess

They'd get drummed by the 04 Pistons.

Yes they would.

But I wouldn’t call them a superteam either.

Closer than some much better teams though for sure.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Muscala back with the Thunder

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better comp would be Thanasis Antetokounpo right now.

Because that is what he would be. Occupying a roster spot to appease his superstar family member.

Honestly though?

At this point I am not sure staying in school is best for Bronny. Allowing himself to be used by a team to lure his father could command him a guaranteed NBA contract that he might not ever see standing on his own.

I've seen pretty much all of his games at USC. He's shown flashes that indicate he can play in the NBA, but he needs more development. The kid damn near died on the court and missed a lot of time because of that.

He's never going to be his Dad, but he could be a serviceable NBA player and have a solid career.

Right now, his defense is pretty close to NBA level, but even that's not elite level. He'd be "solid". He has a lot of his Dads basketball iq, but the rest of his game needs time and work.

Folks trying to rush him to the NBA are really doing him a disservice, imo.

Imo, he should stay in school, go into next year with a full off-season of working on his game, a full training camp, and what he's learned this year under his belt...then start worrying about the NBA.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen pretty much all of his games at USC. He's shown flashes that indicate he can play in the NBA, but he needs more development. The kid damn near died on the court and missed a lot of time because of that.

He's never going to be his Dad, but he could be a serviceable NBA player and have a solid career.

Right now, his defense is pretty close to NBA level, but even that's not elite level. He'd be "solid". He has a lot of his Dads basketball iq, but the rest of his game needs time and work.

Folks trying to rush him to the NBA are really doing him a disservice, imo.

Imo, he should stay in school, go into next year with a full off-season of working on his game, a full training camp, and what he's learned this year under his belt...then start worrying about the NBA.

one guy that always absolutely stunned me he didn't make it in the league was Aaron Craft. Dude was an amazing defender at the College level and was the G league defensive player of the year. He is an inch shorter than Bronny.

What kept him out of the league? I'd suspect it's his 3 ball. But even his 3 pt shot was 30 plus in college and he was the main ball handler.

I say all this to say that in the 90s and early to mid 2000s Bronny probably carves a role out.

With zone defense and the reliance on the 3 guys like Craft (and I'm sorry to say this) to an even larger extent Bronny have no place in the league.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one guy that always absolutely stunned me he didn't make it in the league was Aaron Craft. Dude was an amazing defender at the College level and was the G league defensive player of the year. He is an inch shorter than Bronny.

What kept him out of the league? I'd suspect it's his 3 ball. But even his 3 pt shot was 30 plus in college and he was the main ball handler.

I say all this to say that in the 90s and early to mid 2000s Bronny probably carves a role out.

With zone defense and the reliance on the 3 guys like Craft (and I'm sorry to say this) to an even larger extent Bronny have no place in the league.

Yeah.

1 way guards who don’t contribute any offense just don’t make it.

Opposing defenses have to be forced to at least acknowledge the player’s presence as a possible threat.

Non-skilled bigs can be used in pick and roll and playing around the dunker spot. Not sure how to successfully use a guard that can’t contribute offensively.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McHale and Parish weren’t superstars.

Not a superteam.

I get that you disagree.

No need to keep this going.
All due respect, dude…

That’s a terrible take.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect, dude…

That’s a terrible take.

You honestly think Robert Parish was a superstar?

Cmon man.

McHale had 1 season at that level.

Probably would have been a superstar as the focal point on another team.

But he never did that.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think Robert Parish was a superstar?

Cmon man.

McHale had 1 season at that level.

Probably would have been a superstar as the focal point on another team.

But he never did that.
They were generational superstars in the same vein as Worthy & Scott were. Period.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better comp would be Thanasis Antetokounpo right now.

Because that is what he would be. Occupying a roster spot to appease his superstar family member.

Honestly though?

At this point I am not sure staying in school is best for Bronny. Allowing himself to be used by a team to lure his father could command him a guaranteed NBA contract that he might not ever see standing on his own.

Very true

Also doesn’t matter since he’ll be fine whether he busts or not

His dad has enough contacts and business interests to get whatever opportunity he wants

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now? I agree. He goes to the NBA now, as @tlance said...he'll be Thannasis.

But he does have some handles, makes the right play most of the time and while his shooting needs some work, he has shown some range.

Even if he stays in school, still no guarantee that he'll make it in the NBA...but it seems like his best shot.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now? I agree. He goes to the NBA now, as @tlance said...he'll be Thannasis.

But he does have some handles, makes the right play most of the time and while his shooting needs some work, he has shown some range.

Even if he stays in school, still no guarantee that he'll make it in the NBA...but it seems like his best shot.

Yeah and they wouldn’t send him to the g league since that would defeat the purpose….

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and they wouldn’t send him to the g league since that would defeat the purpose….

Agree and even if they did, I'm not convinced the G-League does much to develop guys anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers don't have anyone for Jokic. Rui does about as well as anyone they have. AD is a DPOY type of guy and you'd love for him to be able to handle it, but Jokic absolutely cooks him. They should maybe share the load a bit more, but I don't mind Rui there.

The bigger criminal move from Ham was basically benching D'lo the entire 4th for fucking Cam Reddish. He is ass. Stop playing him. He makes no difference guarding Murray. D'lo can't guard him either, but you know what D'lo can do? Score and distribute the ball. It's more horrible game management from Ham. Lakers actually made it a game, led a good chunk of it with Dlo/Reaves/Lebron/Rui/AD, yet in the 4th, 90% of it is played with D'lo and Rui on the bench in favor of Reddish and Dinwiddie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that is coaching malpractice.

I know some Laker fans want him gone.

Can’t for the life of me understand why some don’t.

This guy has shown nothing that would project him as some type of difference maker coach.

At best he is just a guy, and at worst he is holding the Lakers back.

Too late to make a change now. But it is inevitable. And the Lakers are wasting their last bit of a window with LeBron.

Ham doesn’t look capable of adding any value to guide them through it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its just ridiculous for someone to craft a statement he's evaluating team needs? lol bruh

no one needs you right now.