• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conflicting :scratch:
he gets around the pick 10 mark the Cowboys better get on the phone!
I will give Jerry a 2 for 1 coupon for his hookers if he traded up for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take Fromm in 3rd or 4th all day over Tua or Herbert top 15

Not over Tua IMO. If you need a QB in this draft and want him to play early, it's Burrow or Tua. My sleeper would be Hurts. I love Herbert's arm, but he'll take some time.

Fromm runs like an OT.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He winds up with two, #1 and #7. He gets them by:

Trading three #1 picks to Seattle (#7 included) for the #1 overall pick.
Trades three #2 picks to Jacksonville for #6 after the prodigious Bo Callahan slide.
Trades #6 to Seattle for his original #1 picks (#7 included), as well as KR David Putney.

He essentially traded three 2nd round picks for the #1 pick and a Pro-Bowl KR. Just brilliant maneuvering.

Unfortunately, O'Brien is the closest thing to the Jax GM in the league, and he doesn't have a 1st round pick this year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not over Tua IMO. If you need a QB in this draft and want him to play early, it's Burrow or Tua. My sleeper would be Hurts. I love Herbert's arm, but he'll take some time.

Fromm runs like an OT.
I have become leery when all you hear about a QB going into the draft is size & Arm strength. I swear coaches are to egotistical. It seems like they think give me the tools & I can create the QB.
I would take a intelligent decent arm Qb, over size & arm strength.
Sure I get it. Everyone wants the perfect package All the tools & all the brains in a QB, but has there ever been one of those yet?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport report "most teams" view Georgia's Isaiah Simmons as a safety, but that debate over his best position could cause him to fall in the draft Thursday evening.
Simmons worked out as a linebacker at the Combine, but has experience at linebacker, safety and slot corner. Rapsheet reports Simmons' evaluations are all over the map. Simmons has been rumored to go off the board as high as No. 3, but Rapsheet's words hint at an evening one plunge. Tweeners always create more uncertainty than teams are comfortable with.

Come on baby. Fall down the draft :yes:

Even if my team doesnt trade up for him. Some team will & that will create a stir today in the draft.
I need entertainment dammit!

I wish my Rams or Bills could find a way to get him. He's the ideal wildcard defensive player IMO. You can play multiple formations with the same group of players, so you don't tip your hand pre-snap.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish my Rams or Bills could find a way to get him. He's the ideal wildcard defensive player IMO. You can play multiple formations with the same group of players, so you don't tip your hand pre-snap.
actually I think he would be awesome on the Bills.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, O'Brien is the closest thing to the Jax GM in the league, and he doesn't have a 1st round pick this year.
BOB would've done the trade for the initial two 2nd rounders that Costner offered in the movie.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have become leery when all you hear about a QB going into the draft is size & Arm strength. I swear coaches are to egotistical. It seems like they think give me the tools & I can create the QB.
I would take a intelligent decent arm Qb, over size & arm strength.
Sure I get it. Everyone wants the perfect package All the tools & all the brains in a QB, but has there ever been one of those yet?

It's difficult to get athleticism and size, as they are extremely rare together. A strong arm is necessary for out routes, otherwise pick 6s happen in bunches. Unfortunately, it has been quite a while since the NCAA was actually teaching their QBs to complete multiple reads of defenses. It's one read or run in so many of these offenses.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to get athleticism and size, as they are extremely rare together. A strong arm is necessary for out routes, otherwise pick 6s happen in bunches. Unfortunately, it has been quite a while since the NCAA was actually teaching their QBs to complete multiple reads of defenses. It's one read or run in so many of these offenses.

Very true..

I don't get why people love College football so much. A good QB in the NFL vs. a good QB in NCAAF is NIGHT AND DAY. College is retarded in the fact that some teams (Alabama for one) just stack talent and dominate everyone else with NFL caliber players. At least in the NFL it's kept equal with the cap and draft..

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Brady wasnt known for a power arm, nor Joe montana. Or Peyton Manning.

Now Dan Marino did, but for every Marino you probably have 10+ Kyle Bollers.

What makes me leery is the fact the reason for a Qb going high in the draft is size & Arm Strength. They have 4 years (usually) of game tape to find other qualities. if those are the top two qualities. I wouldnt want my team drafting that player high.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Brady wasnt known for a power arm, nor Joe montana. Or Peyton Manning.

Now Dan Marino did, but for every Marino you probably have 10+ Kyle Bollers.

What makes me leery is the fact the reason for a Qb going high in the draft is size & Arm Strength. They have 4 years (usually) of game tape to find other qualities. if those are the top two qualities. I wouldnt want my team drafting that player high.

Unfortunately, demand drives QB prospects to the top, except in some weird examples, like Russell Wilson. I wanted the Bills to draft him badly, would definitely have taken him with their 3rd ahead of Seattle, if not their 2nd. If he had more hype, I would've used their 1st. I liked Cousins too. I don't watch that much college football, but even from reading the draft profiles for these guys (and the games I did see), they easily would've been 3rd and 4th QBs that year. Luck was clearly the #1, and RG3 was that athletic marvel (who unfortunately was broken by the Redskins).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Raiders are getting close to a trade for Yannik Ngakoue. Jags want the 12th but the Raiders want to give up the 19th. I think the deal could happen with the 19th

Yep.