• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if thats a fair comparison. Dak was on a team that was overmatched in college and Hurts was on a team thats a pretty consistent offensive juggernaut.

The thing about Hurts, though, is that you can see the arm strength. Scouts are saying that he can make the important throws. He is going to go ahead of the Jake Fromms of the world.

Sure, Dak was a bit more hidden, and I don't expect Hurts to slide that far in the draft either. He's just not being mentioned above guys that I see as more questionable, like Eason and Love for example.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are people seeing the top of the draft play out at this point?

1. Bengals - Joe Burrow QB
2. Redskins - Chase Young Edge. (Don't need him but I dont think any GM is going to pass on Young)
3. Dolphins - Tua QB
4. Giants - Jeffrey Okudah CB
5. Lions - Simmons LB/S (people are talking him down from positional value but I do think he is BPA)
6. Chargers - Andrew Thomas LT (no idea which OT but FA for QB)
7. Panthers - Love QB (swing for the fences)
8. Cardinals - Jedrick Wills RT
9. Jaguars - Wirfs OL
10. Browns - Bechton OT
11. Jets - Jeudy WR
12. Raiders - Lamb WR

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Chargers passed on a QB personally. I would take Justin Herbert if i were them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Chargers passed on a QB personally. I would take Justin Herbert if i were them.
do you believe this because of all the reports and mocks, or really feel like they will and should take him?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their tackle position seems fairly weak right now unless I'm missing something.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the reports are, but to me he is easily the second best QB prospect in the draft and they would be nuts to pass on a potential franchise QB. Honestly I doubt he makes it to their pick, someone will likely trade up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the reports are, but to me he is easily the second best QB prospect in the draft and they would be nuts to pass on a potential franchise QB. Honestly I doubt he makes it to their pick, someone will likely trade up.
If you are not speaking of the reports what are you basing this on? Kind of tough to judge any college QB without ever talking to the kid or watching film with him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should all stop posting then?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should all stop posting then?
Or answer what you are basing your expertise on of Herbert if not the reports you have heard.

wouldn't say we should stop posting, but the fact is most fans don't have the first clue who the top QBs are going into the NFL.

I'm almost certain if ESPN wanted to, they could have fans talking up Hurts as a #1 pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I think the Chargers go FA for QB is that they don't have a new head coach. If the Chargers coach goes 5-11 again then he probably gets fired.

Carolina does have a new head coach. And they just traded a pro bowl level Guard for the Chargers over the hill Left Tackle so they aren't drafting oline in rd1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Redskins - Chase Young Edge. (Don't need him but I dont think any GM is going to pass on Young)
3. Dolphins - Tua QB
5. Lions - Simmons LB/S (people are talking him down from positional value but I do think he is BPA)
9. Jaguars - Wirfs OL
10. Browns - Bechton OT
11. Jets - Jeudy WR
12. Raiders - Lamb WR
If this was right, I'd rather see Browns maybe trade down to Raiders if they want Jeudy. Not sure I want Browns taking 3rd best guy at position at 10.

Of course, also possible they rate Bechton #1 OT.

I think if Tua is all that, Lions might take him themselves. If not, great spot to trade down for them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was right, I'd rather see Browns maybe trade down to Raiders if they want Jeudy. Not sure I want Browns taking 3rd best guy at position at 10.

Of course, also possible they rate Bechton #1 OT.

I think if Tua is all that, Lions might take him themselves. If not, great spot to trade down for them.
I think its almost guaranteed that 1-3 OTs are going before the Browns pick. If they want the top guy then they'll have to trade up. I'm actually not 100% sure what order the OTs go in. You look at QB, CB, LB, and DE and there are clear #1s. Not sure thats the case with OT.

Lions also don't have a new coach and Matt Patricia probably gets fired if he misses the playoffs because his career record right now is .297. The Lions O in theory is mostly built. It just needs to stay healthy. Its their defense that has tons of holes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or answer what you are basing your expertise on of Herbert if not the reports you have heard.

wouldn't say we should stop posting, but the fact is most fans don't have the first clue who the top QBs are going into the NFL.

I'm almost certain if ESPN wanted to, they could have fans talking up Hurts as a #1 pick.

No, I think a Qb from a big school like Hurts that everyone saw play, most people know isn't a likely good NFL prospect.

You are a funny guy, dtgold88. I am not sure what you do to form your opinions, but like most fans, mine are formed by what I read and see. So in the case of Herbert, he was clearly one of the more gifted passers in college football, we all saw that, he was hyped as a top pick for several years, and after a so-so season his stock dropped but then rose again based on his Senior Bowl and combine performances, which again, we all saw.

That make sense? Or would you like to debate my objective versus subjective reality as it pertains to the NFL draft?

I will also add this: I didn't think Baker Mayfield was going to be the first overall pick at this time a few years ago. I turned out to be wrong about that. QBs always go higher than people expect. We'll have at least 3 in the top 10. Book it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Dolphins - Tua QB
9. Jaguars - Wirfs OL
10. Browns - Bechton OT
11. Jets - Jeudy WR
12. Raiders - Lamb WR

I think the Dolphins don't pull the trigger on Tua,
I think its best OT at that time or trade out of that #3 spot

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dolphins don't pull the trigger on Tua,
I think its best OT at that time or trade out of that #3 spot
I have them trading up to 3 for Tua.

Dolphins do need an OT, an Edge Rusher, and a QB, and their defense is the worst in the league. There are a number of ways they could go so it just comes down to the evaluation of the players. I just think they kinda have to pick a QB unless they think this class is garbage.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them trading up to 3 for Tua.

Dolphins do need an OT, an Edge Rusher, and a QB, and their defense is the worst in the league. There are a number of ways they could go so it just comes down to the evaluation of the players. I just think they kinda have to pick a QB unless they think this class is garbage.

Crap their at #5 :L

Its Monday

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think a Qb from a big school like Hurts that everyone saw play, most people know isn't a likely good NFL prospect.

You are a funny guy, dtgold88. I am not sure what you do to form your opinions, but like most fans, mine are formed by what I read and see. So in the case of Herbert, he was clearly one of the more gifted passers in college football, we all saw that, he was hyped as a top pick for several years, and after a so-so season his stock dropped but then rose again based on his Senior Bowl and combine performances, which again, we all saw.

That make sense? Or would you like to debate my objective versus subjective reality as it pertains to the NFL draft?

I will also add this: I didn't think Baker Mayfield was going to be the first overall pick at this time a few years ago. I turned out to be wrong about that. QBs always go higher than people expect. We'll have at least 3 in the top 10. Book it.
Try and follow.....I get what you are saying about Hurts (and Herbert) but IF ESPN wanted to I am 100% sure they could have fans talking him up like a first rounder. Would only take some highlights and a Kiper mock with him in the teens to get fans thinking he is 1st round material and a perfect fit in today's NFL with mobile QBs.

We all saw Herbert was clearly one of the most gifted passers? How many of us do you think saw him play more than a few full games if even that much? Saw even one second of his game film? And of course no one here spoke to him or had him on the white board dissecting plays to see what he knows/sees.

No, none of this means we should not offer opinions (many are amusing), but also nothing wrong with acknowledging we don't have the first clue as even the best of the best FOs miss on QBs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its almost guaranteed that 1-3 OTs are going before the Browns pick. If they want the top guy then they'll have to trade up. I'm actually not 100% sure what order the OTs go in. You look at QB, CB, LB, and DE and there are clear #1s. Not sure thats the case with OT.

Lions also don't have a new coach and Matt Patricia probably gets fired if he misses the playoffs because his career record right now is .297. The Lions O in theory is mostly built. It just needs to stay healthy. Its their defense that has tons of holes.
My guess is 2-3 OTs go before Browns select, but could be 1 and maybe even 4. Zero taken would be a shock. Guess I'm hoping 3-4 as that could mean maybe Simmons slipped.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is 2-3 OTs go before Browns select, but could be 1 and maybe even 4. Zero taken would be a shock. Guess I'm hoping 3-4 as that could mean maybe Simmons slipped.
The one thing that could make the OTs fall is the WRs. The Jaguars kinda function as a BPA slot like last year when they took Josh Allen Edge. They could fall in love with Jeudy or Ruggs. I also have Derrick Brown dropping but I think in a normal year he would be expected to be a top 10 pick.

The more I watch Alabama, the more I think someone is going to target Ruggs in either a trade up or just in the top 10. The speed, hands, youth combo makes his ceiling fairly uniquely high. He is the Denzel Ward of this class in that regard. He might go higher than people think because they don't make people like that in the world too often.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that could make the OTs fall is the WRs. The Jaguars kinda function as a BPA slot like last year when they took Josh Allen Edge. They could fall in love with Jeudy or Ruggs. I also have Derrick Brown dropping but I think in a normal year he would be expected to be a top 10 pick.

The more I watch Alabama, the more I think someone is going to target Ruggs in either a trade up or just in the top 10. The speed, hands, youth combo makes his ceiling fairly uniquely high. He is the Denzel Ward of this class in that regard. He might go higher than people think because they don't make people like that in the world too often.
while the Browns definitely need an OT as of now, Brown or Simmons being the pick sounds great to me. Admittedly, I'm going only on what I've heard about Brown as cannot say I recall him playing much if at all. Saw Simmons play a handful of games and that would be a coup if he fell.