• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see the Clyde Edwards-Helaire hype dying. He got hype because he was on LSU, and that was the IT team. He was a really good college back. At a premier school. But kinda like Elijah Holyfield the year before. Hype to an extent due to the program and team. Holyfield, andother small back had sleeper hype for the 1-2-3 round at some points.......As does CEH. Then the dust settled, holyfield tested poorly, didnt get drafted. CEH probably will get taken, but unless he improves that 40 time, and by ALOT, hes a late round pick.......and his time is troubling........small backs with those 40 times havent performed well historically

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see the Clyde Edwards-Helaire hype dying. He got hype because he was on LSU, and that was the IT team. He was a really good college back. At a premier school. But kinda like Elijah Holyfield the year before. Hype to an extent due to the program and team. Holyfield, andother small back had sleeper hype for the 1-2-3 round at some points.......As does CEH. Then the dust settled, holyfield tested poorly, didnt get drafted. CEH probably will get taken, but unless he improves that 40 time, and by ALOT, hes a late round pick.......and his time is troubling........small backs with those 40 times havent performed well historically

There a dime a dozen...…..
It's sad that the league has come to this but its' the way of the new football, can't touch the QB's and they can play until their 45 something and they just throw it all over the field now...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There a dime a dozen...…..
It's sad that the league has come to this but its' the way of the new football, can't touch the QB's and they can play until their 45 something and they just throw it all over the field now...
Except, most of the recent top teams run the ball

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some but not league leading rushing teams.....

ie see 49ers fate
  1. ravens
  2. 49ers
  3. titans
  4. seahawks
  5. cowboys
  6. vikings
  7. colts
  8. bills
  9. texans
  10. cardinals
7 of the top 10 rushing teams made the playoffs. #11 was the eagles. so 8 of the top 11......

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. ravens
  2. 49ers
  3. titans
  4. seahawks
  5. cowboys
  6. vikings
  7. colts
  8. bills
  9. texans
  10. cardinals
7 of the top 10 rushing teams made the playoffs. #11 was the eagles. so 8 of the top 11......

But how far did the get in the playoffs minus the 49ers?

I'm not disagreeing with you, yes running the ball wins games and I would run the rock all the time if I was an OC.
My whole point was you don't need to dump millions of dollars into the RB room cause in the end passing is what is going to win a Super Bowl

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not disagreeing with you, yes running the ball wins games and I would run the rock all the time if I was an OC.
My whole point was you don't need to dump millions of dollars into the RB room cause in the end passing is what is going to win a Super Bowl
well i mean take out the chiefs, and they did quite well

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Running the football is important but it shouldn't shock anyone that the top teams in the league also led the league in rushing. Those are the teams playing with a lead in the majority of games so they have more opportunities than others.

I would also add that while running the football is important the running back position itself has no value. When a replacement RB can come in and still give you 90% of what the quality starters can give you then it just shows money should be invested more in the OL than the RB spot. Heck they have shown WR's are more valuable to the run game than actual running backs because the fewer men in the box to stop the run the easier it is to run. So get a guy that makes a DC have to respect getting beat over the top and have to keep a safety back helps the run game more than say an Elliott.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running the football is important but it shouldn't shock anyone that the top teams in the league also led the league in rushing. Those are the teams playing with a lead in the majority of games so they have more opportunities than others.

I would also add that while running the football is important the running back position itself has no value. When a replacement RB can come in and still give you 90% of what the quality starters can give you then it just shows money should be invested more in the OL than the RB spot. Heck they have shown WR's are more valuable to the run game than actual running backs because the fewer men in the box to stop the run the easier it is to run. So get a guy that makes a DC have to respect getting beat over the top and have to keep a safety back helps the run game more than say an Elliott.
What are your thoughts on DT value? Do you think Derrick Brown is there at 15? Would you want the Broncos taking him over someone like Ruggs?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on DT value? Do you think Derrick Brown is there at 15? Would you want the Broncos taking him over someone like Ruggs?

DT value depends a lot on what they bring as a pass rush option. There is a reason that a ton of DL talent is hitting FA this year in that there are a lot of guys that can do well against the run and be ok as a pass rusher. Those guys are replaceable. Finding a guy like Chris Jones though now that is the dream.

AS for Derrick Brown yes I would take him over Ruggs. On my personal Broncos' big board I have Brown as my #4 player if I remember right with Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and Isaiah Simmons being the only ones higher. Brown doesn't have the highest ceiling in the world but he offers ability in the run and pass game and fits what Fangio wants out of a IDL. So yes if there at 15 I'm running to that podium and very happy he is manning the middle of my defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT value depends a lot on what they bring as a pass rush option. There is a reason that a ton of DL talent is hitting FA this year in that there are a lot of guys that can do well against the run and be ok as a pass rusher. Those guys are replaceable. Finding a guy like Chris Jones though now that is the dream.

AS for Derrick Brown yes I would take him over Ruggs. On my personal Broncos' big board I have Brown as my #4 player if I remember right with Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, and Isaiah Simmons being the only ones higher. Brown doesn't have the highest ceiling in the world but he offers ability in the run and pass game and fits what Fangio wants out of a IDL. So yes if there at 15 I'm running to that podium and very happy he is manning the middle of my defense.
I think Brown at 15 is plausible, too. I definitely don't have him #4 on my big board, though. I like his ability to start but I definitely question his upside in the passing game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brown at 15 is plausible, too. I definitely don't have him #4 on my big board, though. I like his ability to start but I definitely question his upside in the passing game.

I just really like his fit with the Broncos. Fangio likes his big boys big and powerful winning on the inside with strength and collapsing the pocket. Brown does all of that so well. He also showed great growth every single year of college and is that rare combo of highly talented and very hard working. If you can't tell I'm a fan.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just really like his fit with the Broncos. Fangio likes his big boys big and powerful winning on the inside with strength and collapsing the pocket. Brown does all of that so well. He also showed great growth every single year of college and is that rare combo of highly talented and very hard working. If you can't tell I'm a fan.
I think he has a good fit with the Broncos, too. Picking up the Jags CB and then adding a starter in the trenches and all of a sudden they might be looking at getting back to being one of the better defenses.

I think if you're the Broncos then you kind of have to assume that Lock and Fant will both be better next year. Transition from year 1 to year 2 for a QB and a TE should both be notable.

I know most fans are probably wanting the Broncos to take advantage of the value of WR in the middle of rd1 but I kind of expect them to go DT, LB, or CB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has a good fit with the Broncos, too. Picking up the Jags CB and then adding a starter in the trenches and all of a sudden they might be looking at getting back to being one of the better defenses.

I think if you're the Broncos then you kind of have to assume that Lock and Fant will both be better next year. Transition from year 1 to year 2 for a QB and a TE should both be notable.

I know most fans are probably wanting the Broncos to take advantage of the value of WR in the middle of rd1 but I kind of expect them to go DT, LB, or CB.

Well people I've talked to with the Broncos seem to suggest that DT, LB, and CB will all be positions they take care of in FA. I know they are close to getting a deal done with Prince Amukamura at this time. They want to get him signed before FA starts. Then I do know FA wise they really like DJ Reader and have him at the top of their list as well as Schobert. If they cannot get Schobert I think they will go after Nick what's his name from the Bears that worked with Fangio before.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His size and numbers are pretty comparable to both Devonta Freeman and Devin Singletary though his play style is closer to Mark Ingram imo and he's the best receiver by a good margin out of the higher rated RBs LSU used him both in the slot and outside. Late 2nd or early 3rd is my guess.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His size and numbers are pretty comparable to both Devonta Freeman and Devin Singletary though his play style is closer to Mark Ingram imo and he's the best receiver by a good margin out of the higher rated RBs LSU used him both in the slot and outside. Late 2nd or early 3rd is my guess.
yeah freeman ended up going in the fourth, and most were shocked the bills took singletary where they did.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt realize how many picks the Broncos have.
5 inside the top 100. 7 in the 1st 4 rounds.
I can see them making moves if they want.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt realize how many picks the Broncos have.
5 inside the top 100. 7 in the 1st 4 rounds.
I can see them making moves if they want.

Yup 11 picks overall. Good year for them to be aggressive. Wouldn't shock me one bit to see them be a team trading up in the 1st round or try to get back into the 1st round. I know they are absolutely in love with Henry Ruggs but are afraid the Raiders are going to take him so could see a trade up to 10th or 11th overall pick.