• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they can double back to Vegas for next years draft, I’m glad I didn’t plan on going down for it, wanted to but had a feeling this was going to happen

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is can he take a hit? I would take a chance but I wouldn't trade up for that chance.

Yeah don't take chances play it safe lol. The Dolphins front office came into this off season with a ton of cap space and draft capital. Their goal should be fix the o-line and acquire a franchise signal caller and I only see a few options

1 Stay put and draft Herbert or Love these guys both probably could succeed in the right situation offensive minded head coach, average or better o-line, and the ability to sit a year.

2 Trade up for Burrow or Tua moving up for Burrow would come with an insane price tag, trading up to 3 with the Lions would probably be relatively cheap as the Lions GM is a moron and is completely clueless when it comes to negotiating strategy. The same situation as option 1 would help, but these 2 are far closer to being pro ready.

3 Tank 2020 and hope you get the 1st pick next year and hope Lawrence is as good as the hype or someone else emerges. This strategy is very dangerous for morale and makes Miami an undesirable landing spot for free agents for another year.

4 Trade for or sign a vet have fun overpaying a guy like Dalton or Foles for getting you 7-9 seasons

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing to come out of the Coronavirus will be the NFL draft. It’s going to be the greatest draft ever - no sideshow bullshit - just cameras inside War Rooms as it should be. This is exactly what I want to see, not parrots making draft picks and other time wasting junk.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing to come out of the Coronavirus will be the NFL draft. It’s going to be the greatest draft ever - no sideshow bullshit - just cameras inside War Rooms as it should be. This is exactly what I want to see, not parrots making draft picks and other time wasting junk.

Question is will they let these players have more than 10 people at their house when they are announced as a pick?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah don't take chances play it safe lol. The Dolphins front office came into this off season with a ton of cap space and draft capital. Their goal should be fix the o-line and acquire a franchise signal caller and I only see a few options

1 Stay put and draft Herbert or Love these guys both probably could succeed in the right situation offensive minded head coach, average or better o-line, and the ability to sit a year.

2 Trade up for Burrow or Tua moving up for Burrow would come with an insane price tag, trading up to 3 with the Lions would probably be relatively cheap as the Lions GM is a moron and is completely clueless when it comes to negotiating strategy. The same situation as option 1 would help, but these 2 are far closer to being pro ready.

3 Tank 2020 and hope you get the 1st pick next year and hope Lawrence is as good as the hype or someone else emerges. This strategy is very dangerous for morale and makes Miami an undesirable landing spot for free agents for another year.

4 Trade for or sign a vet have fun overpaying a guy like Dalton or Foles for getting you 7-9 seasons
The problem with option 1 is the 'sit a year' part. We're in a world where Jameis Winston is a backup QB so Love is the exact type of QB prospect that should fall in the draft regardless of what his upside is. #1 could lead you to the exact spot the Redskins are in now. Project QBs are way better off on more established teams imo.

#2 is very attractive if you think Tua is healthy. Tua goes through reads and is super accurate. If getting up to the Lions only costs a 2nd rounder then Miami basically has to make this move. If it costs more then maybe thats trickier but when compared to the other 3 options its the only one that makes sense.

Here is the rub - I'm not sure the Lions would trade down at this point. Everyone assumes that Gettleman values the trenches but he could totally take Okudah.

I think the draft starts at pick 4 with the Chargers and Dolphins fighting over Tua.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with option 1 is the 'sit a year' part. We're in a world where Jameis Winston is a backup QB so Love is the exact type of QB prospect that should fall in the draft regardless of what his upside is. #1 could lead you to the exact spot the Redskins are in now. Project QBs are way better off on more established teams imo.

#2 is very attractive if you think Tua is healthy. Tua goes through reads and is super accurate. If getting up to the Lions only costs a 2nd rounder then Miami basically has to make this move. If it costs more then maybe thats trickier but when compared to the other 3 options its the only one that makes sense.

Here is the rub - I'm not sure the Lions would trade down at this point. Everyone assumes that Gettleman values the trenches but he could totally take Okudah.

I think the draft starts at pick 4 with the Chargers and Dolphins fighting over Tua.
I can see the Fins sitting whomever they pick for a year anyway so this works for Tua, Love or Herbert. Fitz can show them the ropes hopefully more of what he did last year than his past years play. If anything he has heart and guts. I wouldn't be pissed at a Detroit trade but I'm not super confident in Tua so if he goes elsewhere they could pick a player and wait at 18 for what falls to them...or trade up from 18 at a lesser cost.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Fins sitting whomever they pick for a year anyway so this works for Tua, Love or Herbert. Fitz can show them the ropes hopefully more of what he did last year than his past years play. If anything he has heart and guts. I wouldn't be pissed at a Detroit trade but I'm not super confident in Tua so if he goes elsewhere they could pick a player and wait at 18 for what falls to them...or trade up from 18 at a lesser cost.
I could see Tua at Miami. he could sit a year (or partial year) get healthier (if need be) learn & let Fitz be the starter this year. (or partial year)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Each side does bring up some valid points:

Roger is correct they can bring some "uplift" to a country that has nothing for sports as our own walls close around us with these stay at home orders

Mickey brings up a huge issue with teams not being able to go to individual workouts. Eye test is going to be these prospects college tapes and what they did in Indy last month.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they can double back to Vegas for next years draft, I’m glad I didn’t plan on going down for it, wanted to but had a feeling this was going to happen
I guess they could....but what about the cities scheduled already for future drafts? Push them back, too?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they could....but what about the cities scheduled already for future drafts? Push them back, too?

yeah why not! I mean it’s not the league’s fault for this it only makes sense, people need to realize the norm was changed this year

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah why not! I mean it’s not the league’s fault for this it only makes sense, people need to realize the norm was changed this year
I don't disagree...Cannot imagine they are scheduled out more than a few years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you get past Okudah, this years CB class reminds me a lot of last year's class. Lots of guys who should be going rd2 but I couldn't for the life of me tell you in which order. Ja'Marr Chase looked like Andre Johnson against most of these guys.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you get past Okudah, this years CB class reminds me a lot of last year's class. Lots of guys who should be going rd2 but I couldn't for the life of me tell you in which order. Ja'Marr Chase looked like Andre Johnson against most of these guys.
ja'marr chase , i wonder how good he really is

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is kinda stuck in college right now with nothing to prove. He is going to lose Burrow, he already won a championship, he is going to be a marked man for every CB and S from here on out, and in theory he could coast through most of next season and he'd still get drafted in the top 5 and he has no chance of getting drafted #1.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is kinda stuck in college right now with nothing to prove. He is going to lose Burrow, he already won a championship, he is going to be a marked man for every CB and S from here on out, and in theory he could coast through most of next season and he'd still get drafted in the top 5 and he has no chance of getting drafted #1.
U think chase is that good?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he has a great season w/o Burrow then that will prove a lot and put him in top 10 without a doubt. Mediocre season probably still go in early in the 1st though so he really has nothing to lose unless he gets hit with the injury bug or serious injury. You know he is going to kill the combine.