• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my point as I believe Rosen shouldn't be judge sitting right now. But in the case of bridge at this point in his career he needed to be a starter especially if he feels that he can be one. If you aren't seen in action in the NFL you can quickly be brushed off as backup material or out of this league fast. You may not even get the opportunity to start ever again yet some on here think that it's not a problem which is crazy talk.

I find it hypocritical that Miami would be guaranteed looking for a QB in the draft even if bridge was lights out for them last season yet the same people are saying that signing with carolina who is rebuilding was a great deal for the guy. How is he better off?
But you ignore these coaches get paid to win and losing can cost them their job in many cases.....you ignore they see them in practice. We don't. If Rosen were impressing in practice he'd get a chance no matter where he was.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you ignore these coaches get paid to win and losing can cost them their job in many cases.....you ignore they see them in practice. We don't. If Rosen were impressing in practice he'd get a chance no matter where he was.
Let it go. Trust me.

will say I've seen some of that...but have also agreed with some things he has said.

absolutely. There's always some Truth in there. Bundled with a bunch of twisted crap that ends up discrediting it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting the part that he wasn't guaranteed to play a game with the saints. Do you honestly believe that the only team making him an offer carolina would have given him that cash if he wasn't fortunate to play 5 games due to injury? Please enlighten me actually please don't as this is assine. Whereas in Miami he was guaranteed to showcase himself. Guaranteed! Quite possibly he plays better than Fitz and was extended by Miami or offered a lot more by another team as people actually saw what he could do. What don't you not understand bro?
Yes, hindsight is being used here, but this is what actually happened. You can only guess that he'd have been better off had he gone to the lowly Dolphins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it go. Trust me.

absolutely. There's always some Truth in there. Bundled with a bunch of twisted crap that ends up discrediting it.
I here ya, my friend, but I try to do what I consider one of the best attributes of any poster.....base my replies on the post, not the poster.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me, how do you know Carolina was the only team making a offer?
Ok I'll rephrase this to anyone giving him a semi-decent offer as obviously he would have taken a better offer especially from a contender. I didn't see anything out there personally but maybe I'm wrong. I also personally believe that if he had started a whole season and given the teams more tape he would have received far better offers. Its only common sense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because you're ridiculous in your arguments NostraDUMBASS. Get a clue. Everyone on here disagrees with your nonsense. OBTW I'm not the only one slinging mud here. Kettle+Black+Dumb=FFF
Everyone is allowed an opinion if you don't like it take a hike? Too hard for you to understand? Instead you don't bring anything to the debate but insults. I get it I'm a Miami fan and you will simply disagree with anything I say but at the same time don't get all worked up if I defend myself. I could give you a brick of gold and you would complain that its too heavy....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude was 40 years old and just coming off an injury. Please stop trying to convince yourself that you're correct on this. He didn't even know if he would be back. HIS words chucklehead. Get a friggen clue. It didn't have anything to do with posturing for $. If he returned, to NO or any other team he was going to get paid.
Think what you want any sane person on this planet knew he was coming back. I would have fallen out of my seat if brees decided to retire. If this was so 50/50 like you say why did bridge decide to look for work elsewhere? Perhaps he knew that brees wasn't going anywhere you were the only clueless person believing this. Why just to come up with some lame argument with a Fins fan.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll rephrase this to anyone giving him a semi-decent offer as obviously he would have taken a better offer especially from a contender. I didn't see anything out there personally but maybe I'm wrong. I also personally believe that if he had started a whole season and given the teams more tape he would have received far better offers. Its only common sense.
I think that is where the opinions differ & make a huge difference. Most think he wouldnt have played a whole season. he would have been benched. Now if you have

A. a player that was a starter & got benched due to play (unfair reasoning or not)
or
B. a Player that was a backup, went undefeated & was benched for a HOF QB back from injury, but played well.

Which is more damaging?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is absurd.....I have no doubt this is just spite from you for spurning YOUR team.
No just telling it like it is. He chose to sit instead of start that's my basis of this debate. I believe that he lost money because he didn't seize the moment. Now he's fortunate to even have that offer from Carolina imagine if he didn't get 5 games to showcase himself. Do you honestly believe Carolina would have paid him what they did if he sat all season? Especially with a bum knee. I sure don't but all the power to you.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure to some extent but if you are one of those coaches what's better:
A-The whole world sees a QB perform in a starting role.
B-You only have a scouting report since he's a backup and sign a QB to a massive starting deal and he fails.

I'm not sure about you but I'd take more stock in A and feel safer about not being fired if I'm wrong.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it go. Trust me.

Only in your world but when you commit libel by only pasting partial comments to suit your needs its ok. Gotcha...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure to some extent but if you are one of those coaches what's better:
A-The whole world sees a QB perform in a starting role.
B-You only have a scouting report since he's a backup and sign a QB to a massive starting deal and he fails.

I'm not sure about you but I'd take more stock in A and feel safer about not being fired if I'm wrong.
Well in recent history. I must say.
The Niners disagree with you.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in your world but when you commit libel by only pasting partial comments to suit your needs its ok. Gotcha...
no, ive quoted fully in other threads. But stick to that narrative. Your doing the same thing here. enjoy.:suds:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, hindsight is being used here, but this is what actually happened. You can only guess that he'd have been better off had he gone to the lowly Dolphins.
I'm actually using foresight going back to when he made his decision. At that time playing behind brees he was signing up for the backup position. Unless you believe without a doubt that we all knew brees would get injured which is impossible...or that he would win the job somehow from brees which in my opinion is even more impossible.

Sure he could have went to the Fins and stunk it out but seeing what Fitz was able to accomplish I believe he could have done even better. He's the better player if healthy which seems to be the case. A season like Fitz's would have look real good for him especially doing it in Miami. But whatever he went a different path I believe he lost money you guys can believe that he did great made out like a bandit. Rebuilding carolina...I honestly hope he can play well there for his sake.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you've done that, and have even stated the absurdity!
Yet you commented that you expected him to do better after he signed with Carolina....well I've given plenty of reasons why he didn't receive the offer we all felt he could get. You now ignore this fact. Welcome to SP's world.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so getting 21 million a year is bad? hmmm 4 million less than brees/brady/rivers....horrible

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you commented that you expected him to do better after he signed with Carolina....well I've given plenty of reasons why he didn't receive the offer we all felt he could get. You now ignore this fact. Welcome to SP's world.
the offer who all thought who could get ? seriously?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is where the opinions differ & make a huge difference. Most think he wouldnt have played a whole season. he would have been benched. Now if you have

A. a player that was a starter & got benched due to play (unfair reasoning or not)
or
B. a Player that was a backup, went undefeated & was benched for a HOF QB back from injury, but played well.

Which is more damaging?
Fitz was benched and came back and played great in his second chance. Did anyone look at him in a bad way? Of course not the Fins were atrocious and everyone knew it. If Fitz was younger say like bridge he definitely was getting a nice fat starter contract either in Miami or elsewhere. Hell they're bringing him back next season because of what he did when most feel Rosen should be given the reigns at this point. I was one of those guys but have to admit Fitz showed such great leadership it helped the team in many more ways than trying to progress Rosen. Tough call though...