• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly possible. My only disagreement with you on this is ripping the guy for choosing to stay put as though he was scared to be exposed by playing.
Some on here have also said this that because Miami was rebuilding and the oline was looking horrible he choose to duck out. Can't disagree but Fitz came in and showed people that he could still play well under the circumstance which impressed everyone. If bridge had the balls to do the same thing I fully believe he would have had multiple better offers this year. Instead he hid behind brees and got lucky to get 5 starts....now he has this fantastic offer from another rebuilding team in carolina. wow.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really buy that narrative. Never have. Sitting or not sitting, IMO, rarely decides what a QB will become.
Not my point as I believe Rosen shouldn't be judge sitting right now. But in the case of bridge at this point in his career he needed to be a starter especially if he feels that he can be one. If you aren't seen in action in the NFL you can quickly be brushed off as backup material or out of this league fast. You may not even get the opportunity to start ever again yet some on here think that it's not a problem which is crazy talk.

I find it hypocritical that Miami would be guaranteed looking for a QB in the draft even if bridge was lights out for them last season yet the same people are saying that signing with carolina who is rebuilding was a great deal for the guy. How is he better off?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where back to just flipping everything on everyone else and telling them they never answered the question.

when the questions at hand were never answered. Same narrative. Different day. Different posters.
NW never answers questions you may not know this being a steelers fan but all he does is rip Miami fans that's his MO. I tried to ask him his opinion and he went off about massage parlors and that I'm 15 years old...that's NW. At one point Sonny even said to me just let him go....I'm too dumb to listen I guess.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hypocritical that Miami would be guaranteed looking for a QB in the draft even if bridge was lights out for them last season yet the same people are saying that signing with carolina who is rebuilding was a great deal for the guy. How is he better off?

He got a 33 million guarantee from the Panthers. You don't see how that makes all the difference? It's a commitment by the Panthers to Bridgewater. That is what the Dolphins didn't and won't do because they weren't committed to him and wanted the option of dumping him after the season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the context here, but often links don't prove anything. In the case of a contract offer it would depend who the source is. Unnamed? Could be true, but certainly not proof.

I could find a link that said John Dorsey wanted Josh Allen at #1, for instance.

FYI, for the most part I disagreed with FFF on this topic and his thought TB didn't come to Miami because of fear. That was absurd to me.

Caution, you're entering the twilight zone anytime you engage with FFF.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a 33 million guarantee from the Panthers. You don't see how that makes all the difference? It's a commitment by the Panthers to Bridgewater. That is what the Dolphins didn't and won't do because they weren't committed to him and wanted the option of dumping him after the season.
How can you compare this years offer to last years offer? Everyone saw him luckily play 5 games on a very good saints team. Last year what did anyone have to go by? A QB who hasn't played with a bum knee that's all and that's my point. So he got lucky and parlayed a 2 year deal which was fortunate it could have been worse if brees didn't go down. Either way if he started in Miami and did just as well or better than Fitz don't you think he would have received multiple better offers? Lots of teams with no QB's searching yet only carolina came calling.

Lastly don't you think carolina will most likely use bridge as a bridge? If not that takes away the whole Miami wouldn't have stuck by him if he played well argument that you guys are spewing here.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the Vegas odds on brees retiring....enough said. He is in the perfect situation on a contender and is playing at a high level sure anyone can retire but let's be serious here. If he's so close why didn't bridge sign on with the saints for another year? Answer me that know it all.

Really? You're going to use Vegas odds on a guy retiring? Even after said player wasn't sure what he was going to do?

You just won't quit with the stupidity will you?

You are the new Hoop NostraDUMBASS. Amazing you know better than the player:doh: simply amazing. There is no one else like you and with a little luck, Hopefully there never will be again.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caution, you're entering the twilight zone anytime you engage with FFF.
Your life is a twilight zone...still waiting on my answer from you I guess only taking pot shots is all that you can do at this point?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You're going to use Vegas odds on a guy retiring? Even after said player wasn't sure what he was going to do?

You just won't quit with the stupidity will you?

You are the new Hoop NostraDUMBASS. Amazing you know better than the player:doh: simply amazing. There is no one else like you and with a little luck, Hopefully there never will be again.
The guy was looking for some money what do you expect him to say? Are you new or something? Everyone knew that brees was coming back until they don't want him same as brady.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he chose to be a backup

Yes rather then take a short term under the market contract with basically no guaranteed he went back to the Saints to either wait Brees out or hit the market again to see if he could get a real commitment this time. Like 30 million worth of commitment the Panthers gave him. It was the smart play and it paid off nicely.
You say take the 5 million the Dolphins were offering, was good enough for you if you were Bridgewater. Bridgewater would of lost a ton of money and not been a starter this season most likely. Your holding on to the delusion that that would of worked out just peachy for Bridgewater. How you can't see the Dolphins were playing Bridgewater for a fool is beyond me.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your life is a twilight zone...still waiting on my answer from you I guess only taking pot shots is all that you can do at this point?

NostraDUMBASS you're a moron and don't deserve to have a question answered. You're stupid questions get answered daily. Once you're proven wrong you start backstroking and moving the goal posts in an attempt to strengthen your moronic narratives. You're like a cyclone, tornado, hurricane and a typhoon all rolled into one. Keep spinning Skippy.

FFF preparing for his next posts
OIP.0Wc3h6hyO7ZWsRHMcujSEwAAAA

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes rather then take a short term under the market contract with basically no guaranteed he went back to the Saints to either wait Brees out or hit the market again to see if he could get a real commitment this time. Like 33 million worth of commitment the Panthers gave him. It was the smart play and it paid off nicely.
You say take the 5 million the Dolphins were offering, was good enough for you if you were Bridgewater. Bridgewater would of lost a ton of money and not been a starter this season most likely. Your holding on to the delusion that that would of worked out just peachy for Bridgewater. How you can't see the Dolphins were playing Bridgewater for a fool is beyond me.
You are forgetting the part that he wasn't guaranteed to play a game with the saints. Do you honestly believe that the only team making him an offer carolina would have given him that cash if he wasn't fortunate to play 5 games due to injury? Please enlighten me actually please don't as this is assine. Whereas in Miami he was guaranteed to showcase himself. Guaranteed! Quite possibly he plays better than Fitz and was extended by Miami or offered a lot more by another team as people actually saw what he could do. What don't you not understand bro?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was looking for some money what do you expect him to say? Are you new or something? Everyone knew that brees was coming back until they don't want him same as brady.

Cool story, now stop trying to convince yourself. You've lost this one just admit it and move on.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NostraDUMBASS you're a moron and don't deserve to have a question answered. You're stupid questions get answered daily. Once you're proven wrong you start backstroking and moving the goal posts in an attempt to strengthen your moronic narratives. You're like a cyclone, tornado, hurricane and a typhoon all rolled into one. Keep spinning Skippy.

FFF preparing for his next posts
OIP.0Wc3h6hyO7ZWsRHMcujSEwAAAA
Sure I'll take that over being an idiot....you can't even partake in a normal debate without throwing mud. Says it all about a person.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story, now stop trying to convince yourself. You've lost this one just admit it and move on.
One of the most competitive people on the planet and he wasn't leaning towards coming back to play for a contender when he can still play. Gotcha. Maybe you should speak to brady and call him a moron too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you compare this years offer to last years offer? Everyone saw him luckily play 5 games on a very good saints team. Last year what did anyone have to go by? A QB who hasn't played with a bum knee that's all and that's my point

Look the Dolphins won't of been interested in him if they thought his knee wasn't sound. The player has to pass a physical. Saints wanted him back also, another sign that the knee was fine.
Either way if he started in Miami and did just as well or better than Fitz don't you think he would have received multiple better offers? Lots of teams with no QB's searching yet only carolina came calling.

It's only April and he signed March 18th. He signed rather quickly and if he had waited surely would of gotten interest from other teams. Heck for all we know other teams were already in touch with his agent, but the Panthers were the first to make a firm offer.

Lastly don't you think carolina will most likely use bridge as a bridge

Could be, but at least he gets some security.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I'll take that over being an idiot....you can't even partake in a normal debate without throwing mud. Says it all about a person.

It's because you're ridiculous in your arguments NostraDUMBASS. Get a clue. Everyone on here disagrees with your nonsense. OBTW I'm not the only one slinging mud here. Kettle+Black+Dumb=FFF

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most competitive people on the planet and he wasn't leaning towards coming back to play for a contender when he can still play. Gotcha. Maybe you should speak to brady and call him a moron too.

The dude was 40 years old and just coming off an injury. Please stop trying to convince yourself that you're correct on this. He didn't even know if he would be back. HIS words chucklehead. Get a friggen clue. It didn't have anything to do with posturing for $. If he returned, to NO or any other team he was going to get paid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some on here have also said this that because Miami was rebuilding and the oline was looking horrible he choose to duck out. Can't disagree but Fitz came in and showed people that he could still play well under the circumstance which impressed everyone. If bridge had the balls to do the same thing I fully believe he would have had multiple better offers this year. Instead he hid behind brees and got lucky to get 5 starts....now he has this fantastic offer from another rebuilding team in carolina. wow.
And this is absurd.....I have no doubt this is just spite from you for spurning YOUR team.