• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mrw-waiting-for-gifs-to-load-on-reddit-mobile-174776.gif

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were-waiting-gif-6.gif

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
through just the draft yes, thanks for twisting that, draft ALONE.

Ok say i was right they sucked, again, thank you.

he received over 3 more targets per game and was the #1, effectively running somewhat different route tree now. So again, injuries helped him. Thanks again..........Bridgewater made plays too

Again, ive quoted previously what both you, and I have said in discussions. i have done the leg work before, and found those posts. You ignored them, and continued to twist things.

You were called out here for the same shit here by numerous people. You're twisting things as we speak now. Its crazy.

tell me where i said i was so sure? tell me where i wanted to bet?
If I must I'll find your comments when I get a second . The comments you pasted made no sense towards your debate I told you so. In some cases they were out of context.

Who cares how many targets Parker had before last season he wasn't catching anything. What do you not understand? They also had a new OC and coach perhaps it took time to adjust but honestly the guy flipped a switch and started to aggressively make tough catches. Ask any Fin fan they'll tell you the same thing although you believe no one who watched it with their own eyes. I believe you prefer to argue over listening to reality.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once upon a time Bridgewater was a starter. Got hurt and hurt bad. Took years to battle back. He was on a good team with a aging QB and by aging I mean a QB 40 years old. Saints seemed too like him a bunch. Not much of a stretch to think he would be the heir apparent. A 40 year old QB getting hurt doesn't seem so much luck as likely. Then there was the Dolphins looking for a bridge QB. Offering a modest contract that a bridge QB could expect. Not a long term situation even though you want to play the what if game..."what if he was amazing? They would make him their guy" Never was going to happen with a team that traded away talent for picks and cap space in a rebuilding mode. It's not like this scenario hasn't been played out numerous times with teams in full rebuild mode.
I totally understand Bridgewater passing on being the bridge QB for the Dolphins. The bridge was going to be short lived and his prospects on the Saints looked good. 40 years of age, good chance Brees retires or gets hurt. Why you got all butt hurt about him turning the Dolphins down is a mystery to me. Bridgewater isn't special, could be maybe a bit over average perhaps. You seemed to take it personally repeatedly calling him a coward for not settling to be a bridge QB, then beating your chest with tales of your own personal success. You seemed to really want to share that personal triumph with SportsHoopla in a chest beating fashion.
Be a man and just admit you were wrong.
He was guaranteed to start in Miami and prove to the world that he was healthy and a legit starter. Brees is the starter and rarely hurt so don't give me that line of most likely getting to play. He was fortunate. Either way it kind of worked out in the end I'm happy for the guy but I still believe he left money on the table. Even SP admitted that he thought he would have made more. Why would anyone pay what he's worth after 5 games on a very good team? Also not enough of a look. Anyway everyone has their opinion but he signed a mediocre contract on a rebuilding team set off the fireworks!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year, same shit. Being able to admit you are wrong is a sign of integrity. Got any?
I'm not wrong see post above. Starting QBs make more than 20 M and only a rebuilding team offered this. Why? Maybe not everyone was as sure about him as you guys.... Hmmmm.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not wrong see post above. Starting QBs make more than 20 M and only a rebuilding team offered this. Why? Maybe not everyone was as sure about him as you guys.... Hmmmm.

Wasn’t the Dolphins offer 10 million for 2 years ? Signed with the Saints for 12.5 million for a year. Just think he could be playing for the Dolphins this year for 5 million for the second year. Think he came out money ahead and it's not even close.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
through just the draft yes, thanks for twisting that, draft ALONE.

Ok say i was right they sucked, again, thank you.

he received over 3 more targets per game and was the #1, effectively running somewhat different route tree now. So again, injuries helped him. Thanks again..........Bridgewater made plays too

Again, ive quoted previously what both you, and I have said in discussions. i have done the leg work before, and found those posts. You ignored them, and continued to twist things.

You were called out here for the same shit here by numerous people. You're twisting things as we speak now. Its crazy.

tell me where i said i was so sure? tell me where i wanted to bet?
Here's where you said ten year rebuild. It went on and on from there....but I lie. You spew so much shit you can't remember what you post.

SteelersPride Well-Known Member
SportsHoopla Bookie:
$ 16,818

im a clown bc u think the whole dolphins team has good potential........check. not many fans were jumping, we actually said we'd be ok.......but whatever were back to this again.....enjoy your decade plus rebuild

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t the Dolphins offer 10 million for 2 years ? Signed with the Saints for 12.5 million for a year. Just think he could be playing for the Dolphins this year for 5 million for the second year. Think he came out money ahead and it's not even close.
Not true that was Miami's first offer and NO countered with 7.5 M. There was talk Miami offered 12.5 M one year but when he flinched they pulled it. One could argue he left money on the table last year and if he performed could have done better on next years deal. 20 M is low for a starter who has proven enough. This is all that I'm saying.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true that was Miami's first offer and NO countered with 7.5 M. There was talk Miami offered 12.5 M one year but when he flinched they pulled it. One could argue he left money on the table last year and if he performed could have done better on next years deal. 20 M is low for a starter who has proven enough. This is all that I'm saying.

Teddy Bridgewater listens to Dolphins, but will return to Saints as backup

Bridgewater’s new deal with New Orleans is not as lucrative. ESPN first reported he agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million, with $7.5 million guaranteed.
There was speculation about what the Dolphins offered the second time, but as far as I could see nobody had dollar figures or any idea about guarantees. I can't blame Bridgewater for rejecting the Dolphins after that first insulting low ball offer. They obviously did not value him highly. He did the smart thing and signed with a team that did value him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where you said ten year rebuild. It went on and on from there....but I lie. You spew so much shit you can't remember what you post.

SteelersPride Well-Known Member
SportsHoopla Bookie:
$ 16,818

im a clown bc u think the whole dolphins team has good potential........check. not many fans were jumping, we actually said we'd be ok.......but whatever were back to this again.....enjoy your decade plus rebuild
You've been rebuilding you fool.