• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not allowed to give my point of view on a chat site? Wow....may as well shut this place down then. Let me guess in real life you would pass up a job that would not only pay you more but could springboard your career because you wanted to stay behind your boss in hopes that he may retire. With no guarantees of taking it over because someone else may step in later...great strategy.

Giving your opinion is one thing, but you're beating your head against a wall......everybody here thinks staying with NO for at least another year is the smart move.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not only saying Miami I'd go anywhere in his position... if I could start and show my skills at this point. He's kind of on edge after sitting this long already.
I'm betting if the Jags came a calling he would have signed. Dolphins right now are not a place a QB wants to be.Let me quote you on what you said on Tannehill.

I always thought that if he was surrounded by a good team be could succeed.

Shows you actually understand that the Dolphins lack of talent and coaching prevents a QB from success. Yet you persist on calling it a good opportunity for Bridgewater.
Look this could backfire on Bridgewater but I like his odds of getting a chance to start down the road. right now even these guys have a chance to start.

Think Bridgewater is going to find his chance as well down the road.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that I said they may not be as bad as some think. Some are saying tanking or last but it's highly conceivable that they do a lot better. They still have a lot of young good talent that the average fan would not know. Howard for instance may just be one of the top CB's in football. We'll see how it comes together but of course if they go with Falk at QB it may not give them a chance no matter what if he's no good.
I believe u have stated that. I’m not gonna. Go look it back up thiugh bc I don’t care that much

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's taking a pretty big risk assuming that he'll have tons of opportunities after sitting for two years... I guess we'll see wish him luck with that attitude.

This League is desperate for competent QB's.....he could be Brees' backup for 3-4 and then walk and still find a job.

Matt Barkley hadn't played in 2 seasons until this past one.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting if the Jags came a calling he would have signed. Dolphins right now are not a place a QB wants to be.Let me quote you on what you said on Tannehill.

Yeah, that would have been a smart move. The Jags just need a QB.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Optimist..... I'd be willing to gamble on myself that I could show the league that I belong but that's just me I'm confident in my abilities. Compared to I'm scared that I'll suck and get hurt...
So you make business decisions with your pride & not your brain.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving your opinion is one thing, but you're beating your head against a wall......everybody here thinks staying with NO for at least another year is the smart move.....
Not beating anything I'm responding to comments being thrown my way. This is a chat site correct? I find as soon as someone may have a different opinion than some they believe you should bend over. I understand your point of view but I believe opportunity trumps what ifs. Sorry if it ruins your day....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always thought that if he was surrounded by a good team be could succeed.

Shows you actually understand that the Dolphins lack of talent and coaching prevents a QB from success. Yet you persist on calling it a good opportunity for Bridgewater.
Look this could backfire on Bridgewater but I like his odds of getting a chance to start down the road. right now even these guys have a chance to start.

Think Bridgewater is going to find his chance as well down the road.
Don't misquote me as I was talking about Tanny and possibly being able to win a super bowl. Bridgewater would not be expected to win a bowl next year in Miami but he could showcase his talents instead of sitting on a bench and being forgotten by the league. Look we can disagree its ok but I and others personally think he's missing a chance that most don't get...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This League is desperate for competent QB's.....he could be Brees' backup for 3-4 and then walk and still find a job.

Matt Barkley hadn't played in 2 seasons until this past one.
You may be right but all that I know is that he could have started this year and guaranteed it. His future is now cloudy I'll take the sure thing any day...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that would have been a smart move. The Jags just need a QB.
He wasn't even in the conversation why? Because he sat last year and was injured before whereas Foles was damn lucky to be able to play two years in a row after being a backup. You need to play to get opportunities is my point exactly and he may not get that chance now. Who knows...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you make business decisions with your pride & not your brain.
Nope I believe in myself and my abilities. So far it's worked out well. I had an opportunity 10 years ago that some passed up I took it even though I knew it would be a lot of hard work and its paid off in spades. If I took your approach I'd be a lot lighter in the pocket book that's for sure...but do whatever you wish with your life I wish you the best of luck waiting to see what happens. Do you guys realize how many billionaires went bankrupt before their success? They took chances and it paid off that's my point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't misquote me as I was talking about Tanny and possibly being able to win a super bowl. Bridgewater would not be expected to win a bowl next year in Miami but he could showcase his talents instead of sitting on a bench and being forgotten by the league. Look we can disagree its ok but I and others personally think he's missing a chance that most don't get...

Kind of hard to showcase your talent when your getting buried by the pass rush. Here's a look at where the Dolphins OL ranks after 2018 season. Really bad.

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out the Dolphins didn't want to make a financial commitment for their bridge QB.

Miami Dolphins quarterback decisions, so terrible this century, finally on right path

Grier days ago brilliantly declined to blink in contract talks with Teddy Bridgewater, and at least initial talks with Tyrod Taylor — both of whom wanted money and assurances to be Miami’s bridge quarterback to the future.

So no to the money and assurances. Understandable , they just took a $18 million cap hit for Tannehill. Also understandable they didn't get anyone signed. I LOL at the"brilliantly" part.