• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be like winning the Mega Million, not likely. What is likely is he would take a beating, look bad and have a difficult time continuing his career.
Mr. Optimist..... I'd be willing to gamble on myself that I could show the league that I belong but that's just me I'm confident in my abilities. Compared to I'm scared that I'll suck and get hurt...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how much he's learning from Brees?

I bet he is and that's why he is staying put, learning from one of the best ever. And he could be his successor.
He already spent a year under brees another proves 0 to the other teams out there. I don't live my life with the words could be....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At worse he's a millionaire and has his health, at best he's the Saints starting QB next year. Lots of in between can happen. He sounds happy.
We can agree he's a happy loser the . . . haha! Seriously if he was confident he takes a starting job but perhaps he's scared if so I don't want him anyway.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody must be pretty miserable dogging a million dollar athlete that unquestionably has a better life than some butt-hurt fan.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Optimist..... I'd be willing to gamble on myself that I could show the league that I belong but that's just me I'm confident in my abilities. Compared to I'm scared that I'll suck and get hurt...
Ever hear the saying:

All things come to those who wait

He's betting on himself and the opportunities he believes his skills will give him. Scared is jumping on the first offer that comes your way because your scared another may not happen. Confidence is holding tight and waiting for the right opportunity. You got a bad case of butt hurt.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah these guys would be happy to be the placeholder.
You are missing the point that Bridgewater is young enough to may have won the job overall and not be a stooge....but he will never know.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever hear the saying:

All things come to those who wait

He's betting on himself and the opportunities he believes his skills will give him. Scared is jumping on the first offer that comes your way because your scared another may not happen. Confidence is holding tight and waiting for the right opportunity. You got a bad case of butt hurt.
You do realize that these jobs are limited to even be in that position is like winning the lottery right? I'm actually glad he turned it down with his attitude he has no chance... wish him luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point that Bridgewater is young enough to may have won the job overall and not be a stooge....but he will never know.
The situation of lack of talent on the Dolphins would prevent that from working out. It's a team sport. Better to bid your time for a better opportunity. Takes some guts to wait, but he seems to have that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that these jobs are limited to even be in that position is like winning the lottery right? I'm actually glad he turned it down with his attitude he has no chance... wish him luck.
Give it a rest dude.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody must be pretty miserable dogging a million dollar athlete that unquestionably has a better life than some butt-hurt fan.
So I'm not allowed to give my point of view on a chat site? Wow....may as well shut this place down then. Let me guess in real life you would pass up a job that would not only pay you more but could springboard your career because you wanted to stay behind your boss in hopes that he may retire. With no guarantees of taking it over because someone else may step in later...great strategy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that these jobs are limited to even be in that position is like winning the lottery right
Not once you establish yourself in the NFL. The odds are heavily in his favor of getting a much much better gig down the road.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The situation of lack of talent on the Dolphins would prevent that from working out. It's a team sport. Better to bid your time for a better opportunity. Takes some guts to wait, but he seems to have that.
I guess we'll see but I would trust my skills if I had confidence in myself. He doesn't seem to be confident...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see but I would trust my skills if I had confidence in myself. He doesn't seem to be confident...

That's your homer view. Confidence is waiting for the better situation.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your homer view. Confidence is waiting for the better situation.
I'm not only saying Miami I'd go anywhere in his position... if I could start and show my skills at this point. He's kind of on edge after sitting this long already.