• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL starting jobs come easy... got it. Keep waiting for life to come to you good luck with that.
No they don’t come easy but he believes in himself and isn’t ready to settle for being a lame duck QB on a crappy team. Gutsy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL starting jobs come easy... got it. Keep waiting for life to come to you good luck with that.
Ummm..... QB starting jobs open up virtually every single year. Multiple times a year.
Sounds like he is confident enough to wait. Whether or not that is the right thing for him to do we will see, but afraid isnt a word I would use to describe him.
Confident
Cocky
Over-Confident
Calculating.
Dumb (For Flyerfinfan)
you can make a long list
but afraid/Coward I wouldnt use.

Jobs open up in his field every year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees has had to suffer through years of the Saints having a mediocre to trash defense. No guarantee the Saints will be good after Brees leaves.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees has had to suffer through years of the Saints having a mediocre to trash defense. No guarantee the Saints will be good after Brees leaves.
Odds are they’ll be better then the Dolphins.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are they’ll be better then the Dolphins.
Probably but we're in an era where the Browns are relevant. I can believe anything is possible

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm..... QB starting jobs open up virtually every single year. Multiple times a year.
Sounds like he is confident enough to wait. Whether or not that is the right thing for him to do we will see, but afraid isnt a word I would use to describe him.
Confident
Cocky
Over-Confident
Calculating.
Dumb (For Flyerfinfan)
you can make a long list
but afraid/Coward I wouldnt use.

Jobs open up in his field every year.
So after sitting for a year that helps his stock so much that he'll be everyones top choice. Gotcha. Foles was damn lucky that wentz went down twice otherwise he was written off too. Bridgewater actually has a captive audience right now but every day it will silence more and more... I'll take a bad situation instead of no situation any day. He's dumb...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake me up when this Fin dude stop crying
Who's crying just discussing what an idiot Bridgewater is. Is this not a place to chat or only a place that everyone must agree with you? If anyone is bent it's you....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs just signed super-important blockbuster superstar uh Alex Okafor from the Saints. Clearly their future is uncertain.

I think that makes 3 former Cardinals on the defense. For some reason.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool I honestly hope it works out for him I have nothing against NO. I just can't rationalize not jumping on an opportunity. Any opportunity is a good one in my books some people get jack shit their whole life....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool I honestly hope it works out for him I have nothing against NO. I just can't rationalize not jumping on an opportunity. Any opportunity is a good one in my books some people get jack shit their whole life....

David Carr would disagree with you that any opportunity is a good one. Houston almost got that kid killed. Sometimes it is best to wait for the right situation rather than panicking and taking first opportunity that comes your way.

To me he is taking a risk either way. I wouldn’t fault him for picking either decision. If he was in his 30’s then yes this would be a blown opportunity. With modern medicine today he still has possibly 15 years left of NFL ability. Passing one opportunity won’t destroy his career.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me he is taking a risk either way. I wouldn’t fault him for picking either decision. If he was in his 30’s then yes this would be a blown opportunity. With modern medicine today he still has possibly 15 years left of NFL ability. Passing one opportunity won’t destroy his career.
Right, this comes down to how Teddy sees himself. If he thinks he is a franchise QB that could play until he is 40 then the Saints gig could work out for him.

If the Saints see him as an injury risk and a middle of the pack QB then they might bring someone in to challenge him when Brees leaves and there is no guarantee Teddy wins that.

Its definitely a risk either way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, this comes down to how Teddy sees himself. If he thinks he is a franchise QB that could play until he is 40 then the Saints gig could work out for him.

If the Saints see him as an injury risk and a middle of the pack QB then they might bring someone in to challenge him when Brees leaves and there is no guarantee Teddy wins that.

Its definitely a risk either way.
Yeah that's my point an opportunity today may not be there tomorrow and you are SOL. At least Carr had a chance by sitting on the bench you may end up with squat...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's my point an opportunity today may not be there tomorrow and you are SOL. At least Carr had a chance by sitting on the bench you may end up with squat...
there is always an opportunity at QB.
Hell Josh Johnson or whatever his name started games last year & he hadnt even been in the NFL for 2 years.
If teams think you have something. You will always be interesting.
If you fail in multiple locations that interests is what wanes. So does your chance to start.
If you volunteer for a shit show. Chances are that is what you are going to show them. A qb with next to no options will take the reins of the Dolphins most likely.
No offense.
Either a brand new guy just starting out, or a guy on his last legs hoping to make lightning strike one last time.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is always an opportunity at QB.
Hell Josh Johnson or whatever his name started games last year & he hadnt even been in the NFL for 2 years.
If teams think you have something. You will always be interesting.
If you fail in multiple locations that interests is what wanes. So does your chance to start.
If you volunteer for a shit show. Chances are that is what you are going to show them. A qb with next to no options will take the reins of the Dolphins most likely.
No offense.
Either a brand new guy just starting out, or a guy on his last legs hoping to make lightning strike one last time.
Sure some guys right place right time but Bridgewater won't have multiple options to start next year if NO moves on. Unless he gets to play some games and when he did he didn't even impress. There are only so many opportunities and one injury you could be done. I simply have to disagree...

Never said Miami is a dream job this season but it's still an opportunity to show what you have sitting on a bench you show nothing. He only shows me that he has no confidence in his abilities. Not very flattering in my book...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well things to consider.
All the Qbs played this year in NO.
If he cant succeed with Brees offense he will fail in Miami. So it wouldnt matter where he played.
After Brees changed his contract. This is Brees last year on his contract (for what that is worth)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't do squat if you are hiding behind brees on the bench. Meanwhile starting QB you can prove to the world that you belong. Like I said losers prefer to be bench warmers I'd go for the opportunity and force them into paying you similar to Foles you don't see him hiding and he had to bide his time to earn it. Yet this fool walks away without a fight...
Foles lucked out that Wentz is a constant injury risk. A couple of years ago Foles had a lot of offers and chose Philly knowing there was little chance to start while other options would have put him behind a much lesser QB that he might have beaten out for a job. IMO Bridgewater is setting himself up to be in a great spot a couple of years from now. Bad example.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also what kinda deal were the Fins offering? Long term?

Have to think they plan on drafting a QB this year or next.

This year....he was probably going to be a bridge QB for them....1-2 years. The Saints may have given him assurances he's their guy once Brees retires.

That offense is sick. Part of being a good QB is having talent around you and the Saints have more than the Dolphins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably but we're in an era where the Browns are relevant. I can believe anything is possible
It's amazing what a competent GM can do for an organization. In 13 months, he's done what others before him couldn't do in 19 years.

Reactions: DJ