• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give ya that. I don't hate Sashi like you do, but wow have we had some dunderheads making picks for us since the return. Not sure I know of any worse than Butch or Mangini (which is sad because they could coach).

Butch's drafting was horrific

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shefter just said the Packers and Drew Lock could be interesting. :eek:

If he’s willing to sit multiple seasons and soak up knowledge I guess.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously if he looks at Rodgers that worked out nicely

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bad fit, imo. Packers are married to Rodgers for at least 3 years.

Its looking like Denver with an outside chance at Tampa Bay or maybe Chargers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch's drafting was horrific
which really sucked, as that guy could coach. Took a team to the playoffs with zero pro bowl players.

Needed a guy in sashi's role back then to tell him he could not take Warren when everyone but him didn't want him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which really sucked, as that guy could coach. Took a team to the playoffs with zero pro bowl players.

Needed a guy in sashi's role back then to tell him he could not take Warren when everyone but him didn't want him.

But we had Travis Prentice

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it, we have nothing.

Always cracks me up when fans see a mock draft - which are done by guys who guess what guys who do real drafts will do - and if a mocker says a guy will go, say 25, but he goes 15 the fan thinks the GM messed up and couldn't just be the guy who did the mock was wrong.
Oh well sure, if you're basing your opinion strictly off of mock drafts, you're an idiot.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, we have no clue what guys who actually make picks think of the 2 QBs. All we know is the NYG like Jones more.

I thought haskins would be better but admittedly I can't say I saw Jones play more than a couple times (like most fans).
It's never been about what I think GMs feel about the two, it's my own opinion. I've seen more Jones film in the past week than I did his 3 years at Duke, but from what I've seen, I just don't get it. He's athletic, no doubt moreso than Haskins. His arm strength is adequate at best, and he doesn't have great accuracy. It's funny that people talk about Haskins playing in Urban's system that doesn't expose his deep throw accuracy, yet Jones averaged less than 7 yards per air attempt last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. But the deal had not been done and no deal is completed until the paperwork is turned in.

Never mind you think they passed on a good QB for a guy one team has already deemed a failure and didn't seem to have much of a market?
By all indication, they had already been well into talks yesterday before the draft started, so why would it then make sense for them to use the 13th pick on a QB that's basically the same age? I also don't think Rosen has been deemed a failure by any means. His team surrounding him last year was absolutely horrendous. I'm pretty sure his entire starting offensive line in week 1 was put on IR by like Thanksgiving.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all indication, they had already been well into talks yesterday before the draft started, so why would it then make sense for them to use the 13th pick on a QB that's basically the same age? I also don't think Rosen has been deemed a failure by any means. His team surrounding him last year was absolutely horrendous. I'm pretty sure his entire starting offensive line in week 1 was put on IR by like Thanksgiving.
Good points, but I would hope you learned by watching Baker in Freddy's system (and not Haley's) that QB and system can make or break a line.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, but I would hope you learned by watching Baker in Freddy's system (and not Haley's) that QB and system can make or break a line.
Oh it absolutely can. At any rate, he was still highly thought of as a prospect just a year ago, so it's not bad to get a guy like that a year later and salvage him at the cost of a 2nd rounder.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck no..if there's a curse it was hitched before then. In the mid-90s we had Belichick, Ozzie, Pioli, Dimitroff, Savage, Saban, Frerenz among others and couldn't do anything right. They leave and can do nothing wrong.
You guys had some solid teams in the 70's