• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2016 Dodgers Infield

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Seager, Corey Seager, Corey Seager.

Adrian Gonzalez - 1B
Howie Kendrick - 2B
Corey Seager - SS, 3B
Justin Turner - 3B, 1B
Chase Utley - 2B, 3B, 1B
Kike Hernandez - 2B, SS, 3B
Scott Van Slyke - 1B

Corey Seager, Corey Seager, Corey Seager.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot a few:

Yasmani Grandal, C, 1B
AJ Ellis, C
Alex Guerrero, 3B (ugh)

And, of course, the "other" guys we should see a lot of if injuries open up spots:

Austin Barnes, C, 2B, 3B
Micah Johnson, 2B

Long-shots:
Elian Herrera, 2B, SS, 3B
Erisbel Arruebarrena, SS

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot a few:

Yasmani Grandal, C, 1B
AJ Ellis, C
Alex Guerrero, 3B (ugh)

And, of course, the "other" guys we should see a lot of if injuries open up spots:

Austin Barnes, C, 2B, 3B
Micah Johnson, 2B

Long-shots:
Elian Herrera, 2B, SS, 3B
Erisbel Arruebarrena, SS

The infield places considerable pressure on the outfield bats to perform. My biggest concern in the grind on Turner and Agon. Turner is probably best used for 120 games at third. Is like to see some Kike at short, Howie at second and Seager at third to spell Turner. And swap in SVS at first to spell Agon more often. Guerrero is useless.

Utley is solid situationally.

Long shot is Barnes but I like Grandal when healthy, so not worried.

If Seager lives up to the hype, Puig meets potential and Joc finds consistency, great upside. Lotta "ifs."

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I would ultimately like to see AGon get a few more off days this year. I know it's hard to take him out of the lineup very often but hopefully we start off the season well so as we get into the summer AGon can rest a little bit more this year. He's still going to be very productive I believe but he's getting older-ish and he tends to struggle more as the season goes along.

Turner is obviously going to need some days off. I'm guessing we're going to see a fair amount of Chase Utley at 3B this year. Kike a bit as well.

The only real question mark here I think is a backup SS, I mean hopefully Seager plays 155 games this year but I don't see a clear back up SS. I guess it's Kike? But that might not be ideal. I wish Arruebarrena wasn't such a knucklehead and could at least hit the broad side of a barn, he could be a nice bench SS with elite defense.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The infield places considerable pressure on the outfield bats to perform. My biggest concern in the grind on Turner and Agon. Turner is probably best used for 120 games at third. Is like to see some Kike at short, Howie at second and Seager at third to spell Turner. And swap in SVS at first to spell Agon more often. Guerrero is useless.

I agree completely on all accounts except the infield putting pressure on the outfield, and I don't know why you'd say that. Expand on that?

Utley is solid situationally.

Long shot is Barnes but I like Grandal when healthy, so not worried.

If Seager lives up to the hype, Puig meets potential and Joc finds consistency, great upside. Lotta "ifs."

Yeah. That's all agreeable stuff.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely on all accounts except the infield putting pressure on the outfield, and I don't know why you'd say that. Expand on that?

Yeah. That's all agreeable stuff.

Fair enough question.... The two rock solid hitters, steady guys are Agon and Turner. And we know the grind of 162 affects the aging Agon and the body of Turner is apt to need a couple days off a week. Therefore, roll players need to step up and Seager has to meet unfair expectations. There are no certainties in the infield so the outfield really needs to hit. Joc and Puig will be the X factors.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some updates:
  • No suspension for Chase Utley.
  • Alex Guerrero is not expected to see game time at any position besides 3B this Spring.
  • Justin Turner is not going to play anywhere else besides 3B either.

So that makes the infield depth chart look like this:

First Base
Gonzalez
Van Slyke
Utley

Second Base

Kendrick
Utley
Hernandez
Johnson*

Shortstop

Seager
Hernandez
Herrera**

Third Base
Turner
Utley
Guerrero

*Micah Johnson will most likely start the season in AAA
**Elian Herrera doesn't have a spot on the 40-man roster

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal and Kendrick should be ready for Opening Day.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again! Gee imagine that?

Villain should have been a weatherman. The guy cannot get anything right for the life of him.

He doesn't get out of his parents basement much either. You have to feel sorry for the guy.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Culberson looks like another year-changing pickup by the Dodgers dynamic front office. Amazing how they find these nuggets.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Culberson looks like another year-changing pickup by the Dodgers dynamic front office. Amazing how they find these nuggets.

Might be overrating him a little bit but he looks solid. That's why we don't use the injury excuse around here, the Dodgers have great depth. Got 3 injured outfielders? That's okay, just put Kendrick or Kike in LF with Utley at 2nd. 3 injured SP? That's cool, still got Wood and bring up a solid pitcher in Stripling for the back end of the rotation.