• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2015 team schedule

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great beating the 49ers on turkey day at their house, but it also made the holiday a lot more nerve wracking waiting all day for the game and then hoping it wouldn't be a bum way to end the day. Personally, I hope all our games on are Sunday this year. I'm not a huge fan of the short week before a Thurs game or after an away Monday night.

I'm 1000000% with you on that, I hate, hate, HATE Thursdays night games. But sadly we will at least have one Thursday game. Why? Goodell.

Goodell: All teams to go prime time in new Thursday night slate - NFL.com

"This will result in every team appearing in Thursday football games and every team having a prime-time appearance throughout the season," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said at his annual state-of-the-NFL news conference Friday at the Super Bowl XLVI media center.

Goodell sees the expanded "Thursday Night Football" schedule as positive for all parties.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Detroit and Dallas seem to play on Thanksgiving every year...

Well, it's a little different for those two teams as they are the traditional Thanksgiving teams. Detroit has played on Thanksgiving 75 times, and the last year they didn't play on Thanksgiving was 1944 (there was no games that day due to WWII). Dallas has played every year since 1966. I don't care who plays, but I am a big tradition guy, so Dallas and Detroit have to be playing that day.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 1000000% with you on that, I hate, hate, HATE Thursdays night games. But sadly we will at least have one Thursday game. Why? Goodell.

Goodell: All teams to go prime time in new Thursday night slate - NFL.com

"This will result in every team appearing in Thursday football games and every team having a prime-time appearance throughout the season," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said at his annual state-of-the-NFL news conference Friday at the Super Bowl XLVI media center.

Goodell sees the expanded "Thursday Night Football" schedule as positive for all parties.
Well, I guess the good news is when the Jax-Ten matchup lands on Thurs, I just got my night freed up for something else.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess the good news is when the Jax-Ten matchup lands on Thurs, I just got my night freed up for something else.

I hear ya on that. If every team has to have a Thursday night game then at least put a good matchup for us viewers to watch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya on that. If every team has to have a Thursday night game then at least put a good matchup for us viewers to watch.
That will be quite a trick. Pretty sure they don't have Thurs night games in week 17, so that means 16 chances to get all 32 teams to play. Almost impossible not to have some stinkers in there. I guess I just hope when it's our turn, it's not an away game after playing away 4 days before that on a Sunday.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to be upset if they dont put any of our home games on primetime like they did last season, that steelers seahawks game would be great just like the seahawks broncos game that everybody wanted to see but couldnt

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is so important to have prime time games?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be quite a trick. Pretty sure they don't have Thurs night games in week 17, so that means 16 chances to get all 32 teams to play. Almost impossible not to have some stinkers in there. I guess I just hope when it's our turn, it's not an away game after playing away 4 days before that on a Sunday.

That's a valid point, plus some matchups on paper look great but turn out to be clunkers.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is so important to have prime time games?

Certainly for those in attendance at The Clink, there is an extra amount of excitement in the air. Fortunately, the matchups have been pretty good leading up to the game.
Additionally, I'm pretty sure we own the best record in prime time games. I remember back when the Raiders were the hottest team when playing MNF. That is, until we came along...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I feel. I just want to watch the game, the earlier the better.

its pretty clear that you live in seattle or the west coast in general, i speak for all us east coast hawk fan that have to go to bars or stream online the game its a great feeling to watch the game live for once...

but I feel that the homefield is a FULL effect when its a monday or sunday night game the whole 1pm game eastern doesnt really feel the same

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pretty clear that you live in seattle or the west coast in general, i speak for all us east coast hawk fan that have to go to bars or stream online the game its a great feeling to watch the game live for once...

but I feel that the homefield is a FULL effect when its a monday or sunday night game the whole 1pm game eastern doesnt really feel the same

This, I know I can watch the game live if it's on primetime. If it's 4PM Eastern I have to hope FOX hasn't put the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, etc. on in my market instead.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I live right outside Seattle. I admit that I didn't consider Seahawks fans that live away from Seattle. I can understand why those that live on the East Coast would consider it a treat to have to Seahawks on prime time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, I know I can watch the game live if it's on primetime. If it's 4PM Eastern I have to hope FOX hasn't put the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, etc. on in my market instead.

I was the same way too and my breaking point was when I was so sure Fox would have the Hawks game on and instead the only 4pm game shown was a crappy Steelers/Browns. Couldn't take it anymore so went with Directv and ordered Sunday ticket the following season.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the same way too and my breaking point was when I was so sure Fox would have the Hawks game on and instead the only 4pm game shown was a crappy Steelers/Browns. Couldn't take it anymore so went with Directv and ordered Sunday ticket the following season.

I grabbed Sunday Ticket with the Madden 2014 deal (for an extra $40 I got a year of Sunday Ticket without having to get DirecTV) and it worked out pretty well. I gambled this past season by not getting it (because it would have cost me about $300), and it worked out again with the 4 prime time games, lots of games vs NFC East teams, and the Hawks becoming a FOX darling by the end of the season. We'll see about this fall. Hopefully we'll be in our new house by then.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn;t sunday ticket free now? I swore I saw ads saying its free if you switch over