• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 NinerSickness 1st round bust pick is

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That was not the point I was trying to make. As Deep had stated, "the 32nd pick is more likely to 'bust', than the 1st pick" You're putting a first round expectation on a player chosen in the 2nd round. .

I never put that high of expectations on Clausen; I just said from the beginning that he's a bad QB. And he's proven me right. His expectations would be lower than that of a 1st round pick, but he hasn't produced anywhere near the value of the 48th.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think TIMMY is Tim Tebow and not Jimmy Clausen but I could be wrong.

You are correct sir!

Why would I say Timmy if I meant Jimmy?

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never put that high of expectations on Clausen; I just said from the beginning that he's a bad QB. And he's proven me right. His expectations would be lower than that of a 1st round pick, but he hasn't produced anywhere near the value of the 48th.

He hasn't gotten a fair shot. Had we had Cam Newton on our roster in 2011, do you think Kaep would have been a hot name in 2012 to present? Jimmy had a string of bad luck, which prevented him from starting. Had he been treated in the same fashion Harbs treated Kaep, we would have seen a potential franchise player in Jimmy IMO. New regime didn't want to use an old regime's investment (franchise QB) solely to protect their job security. In sum, Jimmy Clausen never got a fair shot IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He hasn't gotten a fair shot. Had we had Cam Newton on our roster in 2011, do you think Kaep would have been a hot name in 2012 to present? Jimmy had a string of bad luck, which prevented him from starting. Had he been treated in the same fashion Harbs treated Kaep, we would have seen a potential franchise player in Jimmy IMO. New regime didn't want to use an old regime's investment (franchise QB) solely to protect their job security. In sum, Jimmy Clausen never got a fair shot IMO.

You're right; he deserved more than rookie season to prove himself. But I didn't see anything in his rookie year that would indicae he has the talent to be a good NFL QB. Not even close. He'll eventually get a shot with sonmeone, so we'll have to re-visit this in a few years.

I said the same thing about Sam Bradford (captain check down) to Dodub, and I think I gave Sammy enough time to prove himself. If he sucks again this year, I think I officially win the pissing contest.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're right; he deserved more than rookie season to prove himself. But I didn't see anything in his rookie year that would indicae he has the talent to be a good NFL QB. Not even close. He'll eventually get a shot with sonmeone, so we'll have to re-visit this in a few years.

I said the same thing about Sam Bradford (captain check down) to Dodub, and I think I gave Sammy enough time to prove himself. If he sucks again this year, I think I officially win the pissing contest.

Are you referring to the same Bradford that I am thinking about? The Rams quarterback who is "younger" (age wise) than our very young beloved QB in Kaepernick. Bradford is still developing - physically and mentally. He is still getting better which is scary IMO. For the first time in his career, a regime has made plans to surround him with weapons and trying to find ways to really protect him. The guy is very talented and is just beginning to scratch the surface IMO. He has one of the best ball placements in the NFL. The first game we played against them (tie), he made some throws that made me say wowww! With Jared Cook and Tavon Austin in that system, you will officially lose this "pissing contest".

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried either the Chargers or Jets would pick Tank. I was extremely relieved when they picked Teo & Geno. Tank was one of my favourite players in the entire draft next to John Hankins.

Duh. Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say ej manuel is mine. I haven't seen a lot of his games, but he seems like the type of QB that frustrates me. When I watch him he is like a weird mix of Marques Tuiasosopo and Sam Bradford. On top of that it's Bills. Being a senior bowl hero helped him, but He seems more like a 3rd rounder with potential to be serviceable. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Manuel is another guy I think has bust written all over him. He started multiple years at FSU and he would show flashes of brilliance with more frequent brain farts and bad decision making.

I think that if Geno had been picked before him, Manuel would be saved the bust pick for some because he'd no longer be the first QB off the board. Oh, and the fact that some would then choose Geno instead. Since he was in fact the first QB off the board, the expectations/chances of busting are higher a bit.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you referring to the same Bradford that I am thinking about? The Rams quarterback who is "younger" (age wise) than our very young beloved QB in Kaepernick. Bradford is still developing - physically and mentally. He is still getting better which is scary IMO. For the first time in his career, a regime has made plans to surround him with weapons and trying to find ways to really protect him. The guy is very talented and is just beginning to scratch the surface IMO. He has one of the best ball placements in the NFL. The first game we played against them (tie), he made some throws that made me say wowww! With Jared Cook and Tavon Austin in that system, you will officially lose this "pissing contest".

i'm pretty sure the previous regimes had big plans too, but thinking it and accomplishing it are different matters. the current regime isn't only armed with better draft picks, but seem to do better with them?

are they now in better cap shape than when Bradford was drafted? this might've played a role in how fast your plan is implemented?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm pretty sure the previous regimes had big plans too, but thinking it and accomplishing it are different matters. the current regime isn't only armed with better draft picks, but seem to do better with them?

are they now in better cap shape than when Bradford was drafted? this might've played a role in how fast your plan is implemented?

What weapons did the previous regime try to get him during their time with him?

This regime didn't have "better" draft picks. The previous regime had the #2 overall pick two different times. They chose to use them on Jason Smith and Chris Long. The current regime had the #2 overall pick once, they decided to trade it to stock pile on more picks. So it's not a matter of having "better picks", it's Bradford being surrounded with people who aren't inept and are serious about maximizing his potential.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What weapons did the previous regime try to get him during their time with him?

This regime didn't have "better" draft picks. The previous regime had the #2 overall pick two different times. They chose to use them on Jason Smith and Chris Long. The current regime had the #2 overall pick once, they decided to trade it to stock pile on more picks. So it's not a matter of having "better picks", it's Bradford being surrounded with people who aren't inept and are serious about maximizing his potential.

not weapons....PLANS.

every new regime has big plans, but some come into better situations for executing their plans. Jeff Fisher is a good case in point, to some extent so was Harbaugh.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vacarro is a good pick. I could easily see him being a bust. Kyle Long is another good one, but i think where Ansah was drafted makes him my bust pick this year. That's a bust pick for a guy drafted in the top 5 IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

True; he's young. But I don't think he's as talened as you say he is. He's another Alex Smith IMO. All he does is throw short stuff. His career YPA is 6.26.

And he's already missed 6 games in a 3-year NFL career. That doesn't exactly answer the concerns about his durability. I'm not scared of Bradford one bit. If you haven't produced at a high level in 4 years, I think it's safe to call you a bust (especilaly if you're the first pick overall). We'll see this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vacarro is a good pick. I could easily see him being a bust. Kyle Long is another good one, but i think where Ansah was drafted makes him my bust pick this year. That's a bust pick for a guy drafted in the top 5 IMO.

yeah, if you factor in the specific spot, Ansah is a good pick?

not that i'm a draft expert, but basing this on reading his lack of experience?

being athletic helps alot, but you still need that football ability? when you're picked top 5, the 'immediate' and high expectations naturally follow.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but being a Utah fan, I didn't like that he (BYU) was picked before Utah's Star Lotulelei.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, but being a Utah fan, I didn't like that he (BYU) was picked before Utah's Star Lotulelei.

going off topic.....did you attend Utah? they're building a new football facility and the building (shell) should be done? it'll look great and what a recruiting tool?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going off topic.....did you attend Utah? they're building a new football facility and the building (shell) should be done? it'll look great and what a recruiting tool?

I went to USC, but my parents went to Utah for medical school. I have lived in Iowa, Washington, California, and Utah - I lived there when Alex played there, that's why I was a fan of his. I watched some games with Star laying but not many. I haven't followed USC since college and my law school didn't play football.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not that i'm a draft expert, but basing this on reading his lack of experience?

being athletic helps alot, but you still need that football ability? when you're picked top 5, the 'immediate' and high expectations naturally follow.

That logic is why I have him higher on my list for my bust pick. They will need him to be productive immediately.