• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Almost forgot my 2014 first-round bust pick

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going Benjamin. 2nd pick Barr.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kap needs to oil his neck and turn left....

:scratch:

Not sure what that means, but I know for a fact that exorbitant levels of tattoo ink have rendered Kaepernick's skin incapable of absorbing oil, lotion or cream of any kind.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam newton-yet to be seen? Sorry but he may never be the best but he is not a bust either, so you def missed on that

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Cam newton-yet to be seen? Sorry but he may never be the best but he is not a bust either, so you def missed on that

Expectations are different when you're the 1st pick in the draft overall. If you're pick #1 and a mediocre QB, I think that's bust territory. If you're pick 32 and a mediocre player, that's not as bad IMO.

Cam's last couple of years have been pretty mediocre IMO. The Panthers did well, but they also had one of the best defenses in the NFL (top 2 or 3?). The numbers he put up + being one & done doesn't spell a good pick so far IMO. But like I said, he still has time to prove me wrong.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I don't think you realize just how many records Cam Newton has broken in his first three years.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see better efficiency before I call him a success.

He had a better completion percentage and YPA than Tom Brady this last year. And it's not like he's played with a great receiving group, either.

Cam Newton's been very good, and this is coming from a guy who didn't have a lot of expectations for him coming out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He had a better completion percentage and YPA than Tom Brady this last year. And it's not like he's played with a great receiving group, either.

Cam Newton's been very good, and this is coming from a guy who didn't have a lot of expectations for him coming out.

I don't agree with that. Cam Newton has been a poor mans' Colin Kaepernick so far IMO, and you know how I feel about him. And Tom Brady had a dumpster fire of a season up until about the Pittsburgh game (he started out with an absolutely atrocious supporting cast). But if that was a typical season for Tom Brady then he would've been a bust too. Clearly it wasn't.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with that. Cam Newton has been a poor mans' Colin Kaepernick so far IMO, and you know how I feel about him. And Tom Brady had a dumpster fire of a season up until about the Pittsburgh game (he started out with an absolutely atrocious supporting cast). But if that was a typical season for Tom Brady then he would've been a bust too. Clearly it wasn't.

A poor man's Kaepernick? Newton is much more developed as a passer, IMO. He's also got much cleaner mechanics across the board. He edged Kaepernick out in yards, TDs, and completion percentage too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A poor man's Kaepernick? Newton is much more developed as a passer, IMO. He's also got much cleaner mechanics across the board. He edged Kaepernick out in yards, TDs, and completion percentage too.

You're talking to the wrong guy if you think total yards or total TDs are an indication of QB play. That's looking at it statically. Doesn't take into consideration TOP, total attempts and so on.

I'm all about efficiency. Passer rating, YPA, INT percentage and so on. I think production-wise, Kaepernick has been the better NFL QB so far (especially considering his post season success.

By the way, total yards are an even worse indicator of team offense IMO. I wish they'd develop a stat showing points per drive.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Sickness I'd say you were sorta right about Percy Harvin. I mean seriously what has the guy really done? The hype has been far greater than his actions the last few years. The talent is there but he can't make it through all 16 games.

I'm going to be bold and say my bust for this year is Khalil Mack. He will not be a 10+ sack a year guy like Clowney and will never be worth his value as a top 5 pick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm going to be bold and say my bust for this year is Khalil Mack. He will not be a 10+ sack a year guy like Clowney and will never be worth his value as a top 5 pick.

I'm with you on Mack. I thought he was vastly overrated.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking to the wrong guy if you think total yards or total TDs are an indication of QB play. That's looking at it statically. Doesn't take into consideration TOP, total attempts and so on.

I'm all about efficiency. Passer rating, YPA, INT percentage and so on. I think production-wise, Kaepernick has been the better NFL QB so far (especially considering his post season success.

By the way, total yards are an even worse indicator of team offense IMO. I wish they'd develop a stat showing points per drive.

Not a fan of passer rating, and Kaep has .55 YPA better than Cam, but also threw the ball 57 times less. He's also got more rushing yards and TDs.

I think you can make a case that they're on the same level, but Cam a poor man's Kaep? Yeah, no.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Not sure what that means, but I know for a fact that exorbitant levels of tattoo ink have rendered Kaepernick's skin incapable of absorbing oil, lotion or cream of any kind.

reference to his last play in the NFC gm... ignore 3 targets(more open than Strahan's gap) n throw to Crabtree was covered like white on rice....

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Sickness I'd say you were sorta right about Percy Harvin. I mean seriously what has the guy really done? The hype has been far greater than his actions the last few years. The talent is there but he can't make it through all 16 games.

I don't think that's a fair expectation of Mack just by the virtue of their positions.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to make excuses but Mack is on the Raiders

Clowney, already talented in his own, will have Watt playing with or opposite of him...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust picks: Barr, Manziel, Evans and Roby.

If I would have to pick one I would probably pick Manziel.