• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Almost forgot my 2012 bust pick

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More buzz on Tannehill
10:04AM ET
Miami Dolphins

In the aftermath of Ryan Tannehill being selected with the No. 8 overall pick in the draft, the prevailing consensus was that he might start for the Miami Dolphins at some point, but only if an injury -- or a really bad record for the first part of the season -- took place. So in spite of the fact that Tannehill thinks the Dolphins' offense is very similar to the one he ran at Texas A&M, it's likely that his ceiling at the start of 2012 season is the No. 2 slot.

Brian Biggane of the Palm Beach Post checked in with a number of analysts -- including Greg Cosell of NFL Films and Mike Mayock of the NFL Network -- as well as former great QBs -- Bob Griese and Joe Theismann -- and they all agree that taking it slow with Tannehill is the right move.

ESPN AFC East blogger James Walker agrees that we shouldn't see Tannehill too much early on, unless it's a shot of him holding a clipboard on the sidelines:

- Tim Kavanagh​

James Walker
Moore or Garrard a better bet to open the season as the starter

"Despite being a first-round pick, Tannehill most likely will be put on ice for at least the first half of the season. Miami wants to make sure the rookie gets ample time to learn the NFL game behind veteran starters Matt Moore and David Garrard."

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm I've been alright on my bust picks lately

I can remember mine back to 2007

2007- Brady Quinn- alright but not as good of a call as I should have had
2008- Gosder Cherilus- not as good as it could have been again
2009- Mark Sanchez
2010- Sam Bradford- oops, before the draft process I said Jimmy Clausen at least
2011- Blaine Gabbert- BOOM!

this year I'm going with Tannehill

with Coples being my 2nd choice

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, people really don't like Tannehill.

I think he could end up proving a lot of people wrong.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much potential for failure for RG III for me to pass.A Heisman and what they gave up in the trade are enough bad omens for me.I also agree tannehill should be fine and he will have a receiver he has chemistry with to start

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Man, people really don't like Tannehill.

I think he could end up proving a lot of people wrong.

I kind of like him too. Don't think he'll be elite, but I like him more than most. I think he needs to sit at least a year though. He really raw, and the fish don't exactly have amazing offensive talent around him at this point. If he sees the field at all this season it'll be a huge Alex Smith - esque mistake.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like him too. Don't think he'll be elite, but I like him more than most. I think he needs to sit at least a year though. He really raw, and the fish don't exactly have amazing offensive talent around him at this point. If he sees the field at all this season it'll be a huge Alex Smith - esque mistake.

Somewhat off topic, but relevant overall. Miami goes undefeated in 72. Then, with a HOF coach, and one of the best QB's in Earth history, proceed to win no Super Bowls. They're so bad now, they can't even get second and third tier FA prospects to visit them. Their fanbase is notoriously fair-weathered. They've flirted with relevance twice since Marino retired. They haven't won a playoff game since 2000.

Could this team be cursed as a result of going undefeated, and the remaining members of the 72 squad celebrating every year that the final undefeated team loses their first game? Could the football gods be just a bit vindictive toward this franchise?

And their uniforms are terrible, too. Bad colors. Bad mascot. Bad graphics.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill no doubt. I have the same feeling about him as I had about Ponder last year... why didn't the "talent" translate into wins in college? Something is "missing".