• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Almost forgot my 2014 first-round bust pick

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I don't think you realize just how many records Cam Newton has broken in his first three years.
Yeah, if there was a redraft from that year, I suspect Cam would go top 5 and that draft has JJ Watt, Von Miller and Robert Quinn and might be the best defensive draft ever. That draft also had Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder going in the first round.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if there was a redraft from that year, I suspect Cam would go top 5 and that draft has JJ Watt, Von Miller and Robert Quinn and might be the best defensive draft ever. That draft also had Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder going in the first round.

Yeah, a re-draft today and I still think Newton goes first.

That was an awesome draft overall, though. Probably my favorite since I've followed the draft.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aldon too... just saying:suds:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're talking to the wrong guy if you think total yards or total TDs are an indication of QB play. That's looking at it statically. Doesn't take into consideration TOP, total attempts and so on.

I'm all about efficiency. Passer rating, YPA, INT percentage and so on. I think production-wise, Kaepernick has been the better NFL QB so far (especially considering his post season success.

By the way, total yards are an even worse indicator of team offense IMO. I wish they'd develop a stat showing points per drive.

Football Outsiders has a points per drive stat for team offenses. If a team has had multiple QBs lead their offense it doesn't differentiate the points per drive for both QBs, though, but in most instances it paints a semi decent picture if that's all you're looking for.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a better completion percentage and YPA than Tom Brady this last year. And it's not like he's played with a great receiving group, either.

Cam Newton's been very good, and this is coming from a guy who didn't have a lot of expectations for him coming out.

Cam has been damn good in only a couple years in the NFL, sorry but you saying you need to see more doesn't hold water, check the stats

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with Anthony Barr. I just don't think he's going to amount to much of a pass rusher for a team that really needed to address some key positions. Darqueze Dennard is another guy who I thought was drafted way too high, but I think he will at least be able to contribute. With Barr I feel very similar to how I felt about Aaron Maybin in '09. Barr should be slightly more productive, though.