• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 NinerSickness 1st round bust pick is

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I had my heart set on Matt Barkley all year, but he dropped to the 4th round (fittingly). I was tempted to go with DJ Hayden, Mingo, Dion Jordan or even EJ Manuel (because he's a Bill; I like him a bit, but I don't know how he'll succeed in Buffalo). I have doubts about Desmond Truant too. However, none of the prospects in the first round seem to be as limited and have as many obvious red flags as...

Kenny Vaccaro.

Curtis Enis
Akili Smith
Rashard Anderson
Damoine Lewis
Lito Sheppard
Rex Grossman
Chris Perry
Braylon Edwards
Vince Young
Jamal Anderson
Matty Romo
Percy Harvin
TIMMY!!!
Cam Newton
Michael Brockers
Kenny Vaccaro

I've been doing this for 16 years, and it hasn't caught on with anyone else. :( Feel free to start your own list. It's not as easy to call a 1st round bust as you might think (especially the last few years).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clausen is the only second rounder on your list though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

What? I've thought plenty of 2nd rounders over the years would be busts. I just never made an annual 2nd round bust pick selection because it would be the less interesting little brother of the two (and not a big of a challenge).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
does it factor in the specific spot chosen in round 1?

cause the 32nd pick is more likely to 'bust', than the 1st pick.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my heart set on Matt Barkley all year, but he dropped to the 4th round (fittingly). I was tempted to go with DJ Hayden, Mingo, Dion Jordan or even EJ Manuel (because he's a Bill; I like him a bit, but I don't know how he'll succeed in Buffalo). I have doubts about Desmond Truant too. However, none of the prospects in the first round seem to be as limited and have as many obvious red flags as...

Kenny Vaccaro.

Curtis Enis
Akili Smith
Rashard Anderson
Damoine Lewis
Lito Sheppard
Rex Grossman
Chris Perry
Braylon Edwards
Vince Young
Jamal Anderson
Matty Romo
Percy Harvin
TIMMY!!!
Cam Newton
Michael Brockers
Kenny Vaccaro

I've been doing this for 16 years, and it hasn't caught on with anyone else. :( Feel free to start your own list. It's not as easy to call a 1st round bust as you might think (especially the last few years).

Kenny Vaccaro

:agree:

My heart was pounding leading up to certain picks and relived when certain players were picked... He was one of them! I was celebrating when he came off the board.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
does it factor in the specific spot chosen in round 1?

cause the 32nd pick is more likely to 'bust', than the 1st pick.

Yes; that's a fair way to put it. The higher the pick the higher the expectations should be. That's why I chose Braylon over Mike Williams in '05 because I didn't like eiter one, but Braylon was chosen higher.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kenny Vaccaro.

Curtis Enis
Akili Smith
Rashard Anderson
Damoine Lewis
Lito Sheppard
Rex Grossman
Chris Perry
Braylon Edwards
Vince Young
Jamal Anderson
Matty Romo
Percy Harvin
TIMMY!!!
Cam Newton
Michael Brockers
Kenny Vaccaro

I remember years ago on the old boards picking Reggie Bush as a bust. I havnt done it since, but I am shooting 100% though, 1/1 lol

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kenny Vaccaro

:agree:

My heart was pounding leading up to certain picks and relived when certain players were picked... He was one of them! I was celebrating when he came off the board.

I had the same feeling when the Jets took Geno Smith & the Chargers took Manti teo.

...And when the Ravens took Kyle Juszczyk 'cause I wanted Lattimore.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same feeling when the Jets took Geno Smith & the Chargers took Manti teo.

...And when the Ravens took Kyle Juszczyk 'cause I wanted Lattimore.

Who were you worrying about picking Geno? Certainly not us, so who?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who were you worrying about picking Geno? Certainly not us, so who?

I was worried either the Chargers or Jets would pick Tank. I was extremely relieved when they picked Teo & Geno. Tank was one of my favourite players in the entire draft next to John Hankins.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go ahead and say that Floyd will be a bust. I like the kid and will be rooting for him, I just don't see much in terms of excellence in any area. I think he's going to be average at best in the NFL.

I think Vacarro is one of the most overrated players in this draft.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say ej manuel is mine. I haven't seen a lot of his games, but he seems like the type of QB that frustrates me. When I watch him he is like a weird mix of Marques Tuiasosopo and Sam Bradford. On top of that it's Bills. Being a senior bowl hero helped him, but He seems more like a 3rd rounder with potential to be serviceable. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manuel is another guy I think has bust written all over him. He started multiple years at FSU and he would show flashes of brilliance with more frequent brain farts and bad decision making.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say ej manuel is mine. I haven't seen a lot of his games, but he seems like the type of QB that frustrates me. When I watch him he is like a weird mix of Marques Tuiasosopo and Sam Bradford. On top of that it's Bills. Being a senior bowl hero helped him, but He seems more like a 3rd rounder with potential to be serviceable. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

though. *

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My annual pick is whoever the Raiders draft. Can't help but be a bust. If I think you are awesome predraft and the raiders draft ya I know that you are a Bust.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What? I've thought plenty of 2nd rounders over the years would be busts. I just never made an annual 2nd round bust pick selection because it would be the less interesting little brother of the two (and not a big of a challenge).

That was not the point I was trying to make. As Deep had stated, "the 32nd pick is more likely to 'bust', than the 1st pick" You're putting a first round expectation on a player chosen in the 2nd round. It's not saying Baalke made a horrible choice when he selected Dial in the 6th round because he will be a bust (he won't start until 3-4 years for now if he's lucky). I know I'm exaggerating it a bit because Clausen was not selected as late as Dial was - but still, the point is, you are comparing him to first round prospects when he was not selected in the first round.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think TIMMY is Tim Tebow and not Jimmy Clausen but I could be wrong.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what I thought. But what do I know, I got a dart in my neck.

Ohhhhh. LMAO. Duh. I could have sworn he used to call Jimmy Clausen Timmy for some reason. It makes sense now.

Thanks for clarifying fellas.

Kendal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember years ago on the old boards picking Reggie Bush as a bust. I havnt done it since, but I am shooting 100% though, 1/1 lol

No way dude, Bush can change directions in mid-air.