• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas: Who brings more shame? Chris Simms or Garrett Gilbert

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms seems to be well known as, well, as chris simms. Has Garrett Gilbert topped Chris Simms?

I will say, I can't believe Mack Brown actually changed QB's during the game.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert, and it's not even close.

Simms at LEAST had a ton of great games, he just didn't show up when the lights were on in the big games.

Gilbert doesn't show up at all. It appears he is completely incapable of reading a defense or going through any progressions. He stares down WRs......and his passes are inaccurate.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms, if GG never plays again. Simms ruined some really strong Texas teams. GG ruined 2010, but due to 2010 we finally got rid of Greg Davis. GG almost lost the BYU game, but since it was saved, and he might not ever play again, it ends up not being a big deal. Simms will forever be blamed for 2001, and all those OU games.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms seems to be well known as, well, as chris simms. Has Garrett Gilbert topped Chris Simms?

I will say, I can't believe Mack Brown actually changed QB's during the game.

More Oklahoma people trolling Texas. Worry about your own game this week. When all is said and done we are 2-0.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Oklahoma people trolling Texas. Worry about your own game this week. When all is said and done we are 2-0.

Trolling Texas? Garrett Gilbert trolls Texas...heck if Chris Simms had an unlimited amount of scholorship years he would have started over Colt McCoy. Pretty much anyone who pays attention to Texas saw that Garrett Gilbert wasn't the answer(although I wish he remained the starter) Both backups had a much better spring, andChance McCoy lost a year of elegibilty last year because of 1 game. Meanwhile, Gibert Grape has been looking lost and befuddled.

TheDudeAbides

Shomer Shabbat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Gilbert never plays another down for Texas. That kid is clueless. I about broke my TV when we finally started moving the ball with Ash in only to put Gilbert back in to throw a INT into double coverage.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you doing a two QB system though? That never works. Pick one, McCoy or Ash, and go with it.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why are you doing a two QB system though? That never works. Pick one, McCoy or Ash, and go with it.

2006 UF begs to disagree with you, kid...........Anyway, Gilbert is more pathetic than Chrissy. Chrissy just couldn't beat OU and ruined our chances at playing for the '01 BCS title against Miami. Chrissy at least looked like a competent QB and led us to a lot of victories. GG has no business being a D1 QB, period. Can't believe this kid led Lake Travis to back to back state titles while in high school.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms was more of a disappointment because he played for a team ranked #1 at tbe beginning of the season and didnt deliver. Gilbert didnt have as high of expectations because they were clearly in a rebuilding year. People will remember gilbert as a terrible QB but people will remember Simms as they guy who shouldve let them to a championship but didnt.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Simms was more of a disappointment because he played for a team ranked #1 at tbe beginning of the season and didnt deliver. Gilbert didnt have as high of expectations because they were clearly in a rebuilding year. People will remember gilbert as a terrible QB but people will remember Simms as they guy who shouldve let them to a championship but didnt.

Excellent post.........

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert, and it's not even close.

Simms at LEAST had a ton of great games, he just didn't show up when the lights were on in the big games.

Gilbert doesn't show up at all. It appears he is completely incapable of reading a defense or going through any progressions. He stares down WRs......and his passes are inaccurate.

:amen::postwhore:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will never rank anybody over simms in the craptacular list as the reasons above,if mack would of rolled with major applewhite we had a championship that year,simms held the longhorns back for 3 years gg will go down as a blip in the history of UT

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting arguments here. 2 schools of thought really.

On one hand, you have Simms who was fine against the bad teams, but was a no show against the big teams. Also started over the still incredibly big fan favorite Major Applewhite.

On the other hand, you have Gilbert, who has almost single handedly turned the Longhorns into a laughing stock with his incompetence.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I've been looking up the worst rated games from each QB.

It's Gilbert IN A LANDSLIDE:

GG (2011 BYU): -16.6 - that's right, NEGATIVE 16.6 QB RATING!!!!

GG (2010 K. State): 81.6

CS (2001 Big 12 CG): 81.9

Simms blew some big games......but he was never flat out completely incapable of delivering the football to WRs. Gilbert just had more INTs than first downs saturday. This shouldn't even be a discussion.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope GG gets his job back by the red river shootout.