• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas vs. Ole Miss - Who wins?

Who will win?

• Texas

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Ole Miss

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick who you project the victor to be, along with scores if you're feeling accurate.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, think Ole Miss has what it takes to beat the Longhorns. But they're just too accustomed to losing to them.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas covers easily and exposes ole miss as frauds. Sorry just don't think they are anywhere near top 25. ....and no, I'm not impressed with a victory @ Vandy.

I think both Tennessee and Missouri are better than ole miss and the voters know this. Cant have Oregon beating a top25 though. So the Vols wont get any respect until a couple of weeks after their Oregon loss.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas covers easily and exposes ole miss as frauds. Sorry just don't think they are anywhere near top 25. ....and no, I'm not impressed with a victory @ Vandy.

I think both Tennessee and Missouri are better than ole miss and the voters know this. Cant have Oregon beating a top25 though. So the Vols wont get any respect until a couple of weeks after their Oregon loss.
-
Currently there is no line.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a line the other day that had texas -4 1/2

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow alot of people have confidence in:

Robinson turning the defense around in 1 week.
Ash being able to play on Saturday
Ole Miss being the Ole Miss of the last couple of years
The new talent for Ole miss not living up to the hype
The Texas DBs to be able to cover in man coverage to allow 8 in the box

I don't see most of that happening.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow alot of people have confidence in:

Robinson turning the defense around in 1 week.
Ash being able to play on Saturday
Ole Miss being the Ole Miss of the last couple of years
The new talent for Ole miss not living up to the hype
The Texas DBs to be able to cover in man coverage to allow 8 in the box

I don't see most of that happening.

1. Robinson will be better than Manny - simply because you cannot do worse. Robinson may not be a game changer, but at least he will know to try and stack the box on a team that will run instead of playing prevent/cover 3.

2. I am worried about Ash. He did not play poor vs BYU. McCoy is good when he comes off the bench. A little worried about him starting. This may be the week where we see what our phenom Swoopes is made out of too.

3. Ole Miss is Ole Miss. We stomped em at their house, and now we get em at our house. This only favors us.

4. Meh...

5. Texas DB's should be just fine. Byndum and Diggs are studs. Duke Thomas actually played nicely. They were picking on him last week, but he held up fairly well. Some mistakes but also played well. Linebacker play is the ONLY thing I am worried about here.

In all, I would be a fool to sit here and pound my chest predicting a great game after last week. However, if I had to bet on this one (which I will not) - my money would go on Texas to both win and cover (if they end up favored).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go with Ole Miss. I thought Texas was over-rated before the season started, got talked out of it by Texas fans. Never really thought Ole Miss would beat Texas, but they lost to BYU way worse than I could have ever imagined.

So I'm gonna just gonna go with Ole Miss.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has the players. They just ned a new direction and they are smart enough to know they were embarrassed last week and be pissed off about it.

Anger is a great motivator. Couple that with the talent and I see a fast turn around.

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It amazes me you actually believe this. Help me out and tell me how this works. I'm dead serious I would love to know how this happens.

Do the coaches get together right before they all vote, without Oregon of course, and decide who to put in and who to leave out?

Do all the sports writers have a conference call and decide who to hate on?

If this happens, why wouldn't PAC and Oregon sports writers tell everyone this is happening? Why would they remain silent? Do the other sports writers have pictures of them with goats?

I get a general media bias toward a conference or the traditional powerhouses. That may be wrong, but I get it. But this whole idea that the sports writers and coaches conspire to manipulate the polls purposely is just one of the worst arguments I've ever seen.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has the players. They just ned a new direction and they are smart enough to know they were embarrassed last week and be pissed off about it.

Anger is a great motivator. Couple that with the talent and I see a fast turn around.
-
I would never bet on Texas. You just never know what team will show up. Talent is there, so the potential is there to beat almost anyone. I believe DKR had a nice quote on potential. "Potential means you have not done anything yet"

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I would never bet on Texas. You just never know what team will show up. Talent is there, so the potential is there to beat almost anyone. I believe DKR had a nice quote on potential. "Potential means you have not done anything yet"

I'll bet on them and they arent even my team! Who wants some?? I'll even give 10.5.

Texas is going to clobber ole miss.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tgis is a tough one, bc Ole Miss really should of lost to Vandy. Then Tejas gets killed by a team that really has no offense and just shredded on the ground. And will Tejas be pissed off or come out sluggish? But it is at Tejas, coupd go either way.

I think it will be high scoring and Ole Miss wins a close one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tgis is a tough one, bc Ole Miss really should of lost to Vandy. Then Tejas gets killed by a team that really has no offense and just shredded on the ground. And will Tejas be pissed off or come out sluggish? But it is at Tejas, coupd go either way.

I think it will be high scoring and Ole Miss wins a close one.

Yeah it could go either way and I won't be surprised at either winning.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas 35

Ole Miss 21

I've got to believe Mack Brown will have this team come out fired up. These spoiled brats that we have playing on defense have to have some sort of pride and realize they all looked like pussies vs BYU's offense. Speaking of pussies, surely our O-line has to get tired of getting pushed around all the time. This is all about PRIDE. If Ole Mrs. comes in and pushes us around at our house, the season is officially over and our spoiled athletes have given up on Mack......

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think much has changed since last year. Ole miss will put up some points but in the end it's Texas by 20 + points

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olè Miss 31
Tejas 13

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash