• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros in the 2023 ALCS October 15-23

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It is. Unfortunately we don't have the pitching. We don't have a spine. And we're about to lose 4 straight.
I know you know better

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of hard hit balls that did not fall. Hated to see that Abreu HR
Hard to comeback after that
We need to hope our best pitchers shove and take 2 straight
Gsme 7 we would have to get alot of breaks to win. Maybe Dane gets that. It might be all hands on deck all the way up to the

The Arlington Astros comment was out of line Tasfeless

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O way we sigh 5 relievers. Might as well keep Sborz and JHern

Bradford is your 6th SP

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Buddy, this where you’re going off the rails again. Reel it in. Last night was bad. Tonight was bad. They’ve looked awful for 2 straight nights. That doesn’t mean the series is over. It’s 2-2. Take a breath.

You said the Angels would pass us. You said we weren’t making the playoffs. You said our season was over. You have guaranteed defeat so many times, we’ve lost count.

Jordan Montgomery and Nathan Eovaldi have a way of picking up the team. We’ve had a little bad luck. We could very easily win tomorrow and then just need 1 of 2 in Houston. This isn’t over by a long shot.
Exactly I am holding out hope for tomorrow. Montgomery has been one of the best pitchers for the last 2 months. Sure if we lose tomorrow then I will admit it will be a long shot.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of hard hit balls that did not fall. Hated to see that Abreu HR
Hard to comeback after that
We need to hope our best pitchers shove and take 2 straight
Gsme 7 we would have to get alot of breaks to win. Maybe Dane gets that. It might be all hands on deck all the way up to the

The Arlington Astros comment was out of line Tasfeless
I heard that as well.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is deGrom is going to miss a lot of time most every year. Maybe not as much as this year or next year, but still a lot.

From now on, I hope we do not sign or trade for any more deGroms or Sherzers. No more aging guys who are going to be hurt a lot. I can't blame anyone for acquiring deGrom because I was all for it at the time. No more though.

Bradford and Dunning looked bad tonight, but they are young and still learning. I would like to see both of them in the rotation next year. I remember how bad Holland looked in the 2010 postseason. Then he came back a year later and pitched the best game in franchise history, given the setting.

Next postseason, maybe Bradford and Dunning can pitch games similar to that one by Holland against St. Louis.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sign a closer and 4 or 5 relievers, probably not going to be able to sign Garver. I would just putt Huff in his spot. He hit 256 with a 801 ops.
Yeah, to fix the bullpen we are going to have to go cheap in some other spots.

If we sign Montgomery, we are going to have to trade some guys for some non-free agent relievers. The additions this coming offaeason are going to be a little more tricky than the past two, as we are a lot closer to the luxury tax threshold.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question for you guys. What pitchers in the bullpen would you bring back next season. For me it would be LeClerc, Bradford and maybe Straton. That’s with Gray and Dunning starting.
I’d re-sign Montgomery and Stratton. Sign Leclerc to an extension to reduce his 2024 impact from $6.4M to around $4M.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question for you guys. What pitchers in the bullpen would you bring back next season. For me it would be LeClerc, Bradford and maybe Straton. That’s with Gray and Dunning starting.
Leclerc, Sborz, and Hernandez

I would seriously consider Antoine Kelly for a spot as well.

We need to go out and acquire four or five others either via trade or free agency.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leclerc, Sborz, and Hernandez

I would seriously consider Antoine Kelly for a spot as well.

We need to go out and acquire four or five others either via trade or free agency.
Yeah Kelly is likely on squad. Just don’t see us getting that many other relievers unless we trade
Going to be hard not to make an offer on Monty if he shoves tonight

I think Garver is gone due to money issues but we should be ok and actually a good thing
Would not be surprised if after rule 5 we resign Hedges

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether we like it is not, Brett Martin will most likely be in the pen next year. They gave him a roster spot a year ago for a reason. They liked him enough to not DFA him when we could gave used that 40 man spot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kelly is likely on squad. Just don’t see us getting that many other relievers unless we trade
Going to be hard not to make an offer on Monty if he shoves tonight

I think Garver is gone due to money issues but we should be ok and actually a good thing
Would not be surprised if after rule 5 we resign Hedges
Just cut Hedges and pay him to waer a Jester outfit in the clubhouse. He serves no other purpose.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don’t see us getting that many other relievers unless we trade
I think we have to trade, because we have to add bullpen help.

We have cheap hitters ready to come up. We can help payroll and improve the pen by trading guys for relief pitchers. Then we can replace one or two veterans for much cheaper, young hitters. That gives us more payroll flexibility to sign Montgomery and a couple of top free agent relievers.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so rooting for Texas to win here but after last night it is hard to not see the Astros winning this one

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cut Hedges and pay him to waer a Jester outfit in the clubhouse. He serves no other purpose.
He is good defensively but has not bat.
Jonah catches alot anyways so despite him agitating to some, he may have some value as a backup. But I am definitely not against Huff either but Hedges is still better defensively

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah catches alot anyways so despite him agitating to some, he may have some value as a backup. But I am definitely not against Huff either but Hedges is still better defensively
With all the problems the team has, Hedges is the very least player to worry about.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They added a guy for defense a little over a year ago and several thought he would be around this year. They moved on from him at the end of last season, and I am hoping they move on from Hedges as well. They can do much better than him.