• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2024-2025 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. The same thing probably goes for Owen White, Ornelas and G. Anderson. There are probably a couple of other pitchers who should be in jeopardy as well, along with Fabian and Duffy.
Ornelas is way ahead of the others and if Josh Smith ends up starting then who is a better UIF other than Duran?

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ornelas is way ahead of the others and if Josh Smith ends up starting then who is a better UIF other than Duran?
You mean for the 26 man roster next year or as organizational depth?

Also, Smith counts as depth. Let's suppose he is the starting LF. If an infielder goes down Smith moves there and a backup OF takes Smith's spot.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Smith counts as depth. Let's suppose he is the starting LF. If an infielder goes down Smith moves there and a backup OF takes Smith's spot.
until we know different, the outfield opening day will be Langford, Carter & Garcia, left to right. if one of them goes down then either Smith or whomever is the 4th outfielder takes their spot.

right now, we have to assume that the infield will be Jung, Seager, Semien, Lowe and Heim until there are moves or trades. and at the moment Smith would be the DH

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really works either way. On the roster or in the minors we dns use a UIF unless there is some guy burning it ups a an IF which there is not

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leody whether we like it or not is still in the mix

How healthy Carter and Adolis are is a legit concern

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not set at DH in my opinion

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until we know different, the outfield opening day will be Langford, Carter & Garcia, left to right. if one of them goes down then either Smith or whomever is the 4th outfielder takes their spot.

right now, we have to assume that the infield will be Jung, Seager, Semien, Lowe and Heim until there are moves or trades. and at the moment Smith would be the DH
Yes, you could substitute DH in my example and it still works the same. The jiat was that Smith would be available to take up slack in the infield when Jung or Seager are injured or when Senien gets a day off.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not set at DH in my opinion
I think that can be said for at least 6 spots in the pen, the 5th starter, catcher, CF, and maybe 1B.

In some of those spots we are going to have to trust our young guys like Foscue, Crim, Harris, Church, Leiter, Dunning, and maybe another guy or two. In the rest of those spots we can go after them In free agency, depending on the budget.

We will have to make decisions as to where we need to play the young guys and where we need to spend money.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How healthy Carter and Adolis are is a legit concern
I recently saw video of Carter in uniform at Globe Life. So I guess he is doing some workouts, anyway.

If Adolis is not expected to be healthy, it may be time to part ways with him.