• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction: MLB will move an inch, MLBPA will move a mile, and then MLB will walk away saying that MLBPA didn't move enough and are negotiating in bad faith.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Bowden had an article out earlier this week about one move every team should make after the lockout. He said the Rangers should sign Soler to a 3 year contract for $45 million.

"First move they should make post-lockout: Sign DH/OF Jorge Soler to three-year, $45 million deal."

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Bowden had an article out earlier this week about one move every team should make after the lockout. He said the Rangers should sign Soler to a 3 year contract for $45 million.

"First move they should make post-lockout: Sign DH/OF Jorge Soler to three-year, $45 million deal."

We have Jorge Soler already. His name is Adolis Garcia.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides have proposed a draft lottery that would end the strategy of plummeting in the standings to get the top pick.

• A universal designated hitter has been proposed by the owners and the union expect that to be a part of any finalized agreement.

• The owners have dropped draft-pick compensation tied to free agents.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks on paper that Manfred and his optimism is a good look although without some agreement in principle ST will be delayed. Of course he did not want to be the bearer of Bad tidings

If I were the MLBPA. I would likely praise any progress but if they were not ready to sign then ask MLB to lift the lockout in good faith id indeed real progress is made

As a fan I just ready for baseball

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Grants thinks less but I think he is way too low from an As standpoint
It depends on what he meant to say in that quote.

"Grant suggests an Olson package would require, at minimum, current big league first baseman Nathaniel Lowe, plus of the organization’s top prospects and a pair of other mid-tier names from down on the farm."

What does "plus of the organization's top prospects" mean? If he means a couple of top prospects and a couple of mid-tier prospects as well as Lowe, then he is saying basically the kind of deal I mentioned. He seems to be saying it would take 2 top 5 guys, 2 guys between 20 and 30 and Lowe.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what he meant to say in that quote.

"Grant suggests an Olson package would require, at minimum, current big league first baseman Nathaniel Lowe, plus of the organization’s top prospects and a pair of other mid-tier names from down on the farm."

What does "plus of the organization's top prospects" mean? If he means a couple of top prospects and a couple of mid-tier prospects as well as Lowe, then he is saying basically the kind of deal I mentioned. He seems to be saying it would take 2 top 5 guys, 2 guys between 20 and 30 and Lowe.
was he saying “ONE” of the organizations top prospects?
I would do Foscue, Lowe, White and Bradford

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was he saying “ONE” of the organizations top prospects?
I would do Foscue, Lowe, White and Bradford
I wouldn't give up either Foscue or White by themselves for 2 years of just about any player.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cannot find a 1B in the organization in the next 21 months then go after Olsen as a free agent. In the mean time we can look at Harris, Crim, and Huff and maybe even Foscue to play 1B. I have even read about the possibility of moving Semien or Seagar to 1B in a couple of years, with one of our better MIF prospects playing SS or 2B in one of their places.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides have proposed a draft lottery that would end the strategy of plummeting in the standings to get the top pick.
Bad teams are still going to be bad. That just lets mediocre teams have a chance of drafting in front of bad teams and keeping the bad teams bad longer. The only way a lottery doesn't do those harmful things is if you limit it to only the worst 3 or 4 teams.

Are we going to have a lottery for waiver moves as well?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cannot find a 1B in the organization in the next 21 months then go after Olsen as a free agent. In the mean time we can look at Harris, Crim, and Huff and maybe even Foscue to play 1B. I have even read about the possibility of moving Semien or Seagar to 1B in a couple of years, with one of our better MIF prospects playing SS or 2B in one of their places.

Good point. I would probably hold off on trading the farm for a 2 year guy as well. Next year will be a big transition year which I’m expecting about 80-88 wins and the ground work being laid for a winning club for years to come.
Next years roster will be quite different and team chemistry will be being made. Don’t expect a WS team next year. Which would indicate a trade for a 2 year guy as possibly a waste.
Maybe next July, 17 months from now, we will have a better idea who we want to trade and who we want to keep as well as what holes need to be filled to put a championship team on the field

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball America came out with a mock draft today. From Jamey Newberg's comments it seems they gave us Elijah Green.