• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Leclerc, Odor, Lynn or Minor, Taveras, Tejeda

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see how should I word this:

1). The Rangers bid was only an opening bid and from what I understand was not given an opportunity to up it after the Angels bid came in.

2). If Rendon really wanted to play in Texas he would given them the opportunity to come up with a better bid, that didn't happen. So that tells me he really didn't want to even thought the chances of winning in Texas are better than the Angels they have total schitt for pitching...

3). After California taxes (of roughly 20% when all said and done) the original Rangers offer what have been very close in "total dollars" for one less year meaning he would be making more per year. :eek:

4). With all of this being said you have to wonder if Boras pushed Rendon into taking the Angels bid because his personal cut would have been bigger than if he signed with Texas, and Rendon wasn't smart enough to pick up on this and what I said in #3 :scratch:

It is what it is he's playing somewhere else so folks need to move on and see where else the team can better itself instead of dwelling on what probably couldn't have been to begin with...
Very plausible

Not saying correct but who knows.

Board for sure wanted Rendon and wanted even if overpay.

But yes time to move on lest we continue to recrucify FO on a daily basis.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Leclerc, Odor, Lynn or Minor, Taveras, Tejeda

Bryant (4 WAR) and CF Jason Heyward (2 WAR)
($30 Mil of salary Relief)
For
Odor(0 WAR) Heineman, Crouse, Wendzel, Burke and Taylor Hearn.
let Solak start at 2B (2.5-3 WAR)

I feel this Trade would give the Rangers 8-9 more wins for next year.

The team would still have plenty of pitching prospects(Allard, Palumbo, Winn, Y Rodriguez, Vanasco, R Garcia etc), 3B (Yung & Apostel)

It would also free up $30 million for the Cubs who could go and sign Yasiel Puig or Kevin Pillar and/or have room to make a mid season deal if they’re in the hunt.
3 high level pitching prospects, a power 2B who is still young and maybe needs a change of scenery, a potential everyday RF, and a potential everyday 3B.

The Rangers would have a bad ass 3B and right handed bat for the next 2 years and possibly beyond if they could get an extension.
And an everyday CF with decent OBP skills and solid defense. The pair could easily put up 5-7 WAR which is worth $25-35 million.

Frazier can play 1B
Santana is a great backup for the eventual injury to one of the starting 8 (including Choo) and or underperformance from someone like Calhoun or Solak

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people still haven't moved on from the success JD had several years back, but want others to move on from the current status of the team. Lol

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None, so trade all of our top 20 prospects for guys with 2 years left on their contracts and go all in. Nothing else matters besides right now.
And you accuse me if blowing things out of proportion. Never even suggested anything like trading all of our top 20 prospects

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading all 20 would never happen..
Trading 2-3 though is no big deal.. and if it’s for a proven player at the major league level then do it!
Name 3 prospects we have traded over the last 10 years that went on to be so good we couldn’t replace them with a random guy on the free agent market for less than $10 mil a year?
The depth the minor league players provide is awesome and needed
Trading 2-3 of them isn’t going to break us.
In 5 months we will Draft 40 more players and sign many more through the international group.
Look how Solak and Burke and Allard were acquired. Through trades that were not really a big deal. If the farm runs a little dry it can always be replenished. Winning ballgames at the major league level is the main goal.
Exactly

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you accuse me if blowing things out of proportion. Never even suggested anything like trading all of our top 20 prospects
I don't remember accusing of blowing things out of proportion.

I simply took your idea of prospects to its logical conclusion

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JD does add a bat before the season I hope it’s a high OBP guy.
The team seems to be lacking in that category.

I don’t see Calhoun, Santana, Frazier, Andrus, Odor or Guzman being able to put up an OBP higher than .330
Choo, Gallo and Chirinos will hopefully though

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember accusing of blowing things out of proportion.

I simply took your idea of prospects to its logical conclusion
And where did I say anything about trading our top 20 prospects?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 DSL Rangers 1 Statistics | Baseball-Reference.com

The Rangers Dominican Summer League Team 1 finished in first place out of 45 teams this year with a 55-15 record.
None of those guys are listed on our top 20 that I know of. I think a lot of those guys will get an opportunity to play at single A this year and may crack the top 20 at the end of the year. I really like José Acuna and Manuel Santiago.
Down East A and Hickory A teams did really good too.
The team has a lot of talent 1-3 years out.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people still haven't moved on from the success JD had several years back, but want others to move on from the current status of the team. Lol
I have always stayed in the middle. I thought some went a little too crazy in singing the praises of JD and now that many are doing the opposite I am just going to stay neutral. I don't care how good of a GM you are there is going to be good and bad and we do not have privy to what goes on behind the scene.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you’re saying and it does make sense.
Kyle Hendricks going to the Cubs for Dumpster stings a little
He’s pitched 1000 innings to a 3.14 ERA for the cubs. He would be a nice one to have back.
I just think about guys like Dustin Diamond, Taylor Teagarden, Jurickson Profar, Mike Olt and many more who never amounted to much.
Profar could still make a decent name for himself but you get my drift

Dustin Diamond? Screech? Didn't know he had such a good armrQwMeiBWC0Gl.jpg

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see how should I word this:

1). The Rangers bid was only an opening bid and from what I understand was not given an opportunity to up it after the Angels bid came in.

2). If Rendon really wanted to play in Texas he would given them the opportunity to come up with a better bid, that didn't happen. So that tells me he really didn't want to even thought the chances of winning in Texas are better than the Angels they have total schitt for pitching...

3). After California taxes (of roughly 20% when all said and done) the original Rangers offer what have been very close in "total dollars" for one less year meaning he would be making more per year. :eek:

4). With all of this being said you have to wonder if Boras pushed Rendon into taking the Angels bid because his personal cut would have been bigger than if he signed with Texas, and Rendon wasn't smart enough to pick up on this and what I said in #3 :scratch:

It is what it is he's playing somewhere else so folks need to move on and see where else the team can better itself instead of dwelling on what probably couldn't have been to begin with...

Or he made clear what the starting point was, the Rangers came in below that, so he no longer felt the need to take them serious, and took them off his list of serious bidders

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always stayed in the middle. I thought some went a little too crazy in singing the praises of JD and now that many are doing the opposite I am just going to stay neutral. I don't care how good of a GM you are there is going to be good and bad and we do not have privy to what goes on behind the scene.
Someone should have said this a long time ago. May explain the Odor Factor and a lot of other things. The odds of playing in a WS are not good and winning is worse but it's the GM's fault. :2cents: LOL