• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 sides of the coin.
Evan Grant is the most spineless and worthless “sports journalist” ever to work in the DFW Metroplex. No debate. He brings new meaning to the word lapdog. The way he endlessly sucks up to JD is downright sickening. This is the same company stooge who once embarrassingly gave his MVP vote to Michael Young in a year when MY’s numbers paled in comparison to the front runners. He got absolutely dragged by the national media for that, and rightfully so.

Now here he is with more brown-nosing to make sure he keeps his insider credentials. “They traded for a 2-time Cy Young Winner”... who is coming off a major injury with decreased velocity and no other team wanted. Kluber is hardly a slam-dunk. And then he follows it up with “5 Major League Free Agents”... as if that means ANYTHING. There are countless “Major League Free Agents” available every off-season who can’t hit above .200. That doesn’t mean we should sign them. Chirinos, Frazier, Lyles, and Gibson are all ok players. But they’re placeholders at best. Spare us with equating signing them to having some awesome offseason of really strengthening the team.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I am fed up with the FO and ownership. I hope the team is for sale and the FO and ownership is gone in the next 2 years. It is clear ownership just wants to profit at all costs. JD while attempting to show an effort in getting people off his nuts by making mediocre moves, is a spineless wimp when it comes to making the team, a contending team. Let's swap the $ the Rays will spend and their ability to put competitive teams together and the $ the Rangers have attempted to save for years.Why do teams like the Rays and A's make the playoffs more than the Rangers while spending less $?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I am fed up with the FO and ownership. I hope the team is for sale and the FO and ownership is gone in the next 2 years. It is clear ownership just wants to profit at all costs. JD while attempting to show an effort in getting people off his nuts by making mediocre moves, is a spineless wimp when it comes to making the team, a contending team. Let's swap the $ the Rays will spend and their ability to put competitive teams together and the $ the Rangers have attempted to save for years.Why do teams like the Rays and A's make the playoffs more than the Rangers while spending less $?
I can't help wonder if ownership is the stranglehold on this team more than JD and the FO. For some reason if the purse strings were opened I just feel JD would pull the trigger on things passing us by. But that is just a guess.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't you listening without your preconceived opinions of what I think?
I said I like him but the double opt out on a 4 year contract is absurd

Why don't you give your own diatribe a break? Lol
Sorry your heart got broke over Rendon
Lol. At least my heart doesn't get broke when someone says anything negative about JD.

I see you refuse to answer the question about why you formed your opinion in hindsight. You call it a diatribe because it is a question you don't want to answer. The answer is, you want very badly to make excuses for JD.

It doesn't take preconceived ideas. It just takes paying attention.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help wonder if ownership is the stranglehold on this team more than JD and the FO. For some reason if the purse strings were opened I just feel JD would pull the trigger on things passing us by. But that is just a guess.
I can understand feeling that way. I also understand blaming JD as much as them if not more.

If other, non budgetary decisions, weren't being bungled as well, I would be more tempted to give JD a pass. When we lose out on a guy like Rendon because we failed to go one more year then I see that as JD's fault. Had we simply lost out money-wise then it could have been more the owners.

One thing is that they do have the money to spend as they told us they did. Previously, they had always been open about it if they were not going to spend money.

If they had come out and said they felt we needed one more rebuilding year before we open up the pursestrings I would have had no problem with ownership or JD for that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a clean break. New ownership and new leadership.

The truth is, we should strive to develop the way the Ray's do, and spend somewhere close to the middle of the top ten spending teams in MLB.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... are we good again yet?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. At least my heart doesn't get broke when someone says anything negative about JD.

I see you refuse to answer the question about why you formed your opinion in hindsight. You call it a diatribe because it is a question you don't want to answer. The answer is, you want very badly to make excuses for JD.

It doesn't take preconceived ideas. It just takes paying attention.
Haha believe what you want. You misjudge me.

Heart broke. Seriously A world that hates and terrible things that happens to families breaks hearts. Whether JD aid GM or not is no big deal in comparison.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha believe what you want. You misjudge me.

Heart broke. Seriously A world that hates and terrible things that happens to families breaks hearts. Whether JD aid GM or not is no big deal in comparison.
You never like your own language being turned around on you. Quite the double standard.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand feeling that way. I also understand blaming JD as much as them if not more.

If other, non budgetary decisions, weren't being bungled as well, I would be more tempted to give JD a pass. When we lose out on a guy like Rendon because we failed to go one more year then I see that as JD's fault. Had we simply lost out money-wise then it could have been more the owners.

One thing is that they do have the money to spend as they told us they did. Previously, they had always been open about it if they were not going to spend money.

If they had come out and said they felt we needed one more rebuilding year before we open up the pursestrings I would have had no problem with ownership or JD for that.
Only reason I say that is with previous ownership JD didn't seem to hold back like he has been under this current ownership.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I say that is with previous ownership JD didn't seem to hold back like he has been under this current ownership.

Or maybe he's finally learned patience and reason, he has lacked both majorly in the past and gutted the farm system for nothing (which put the team in it's current predicament) :doh:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty Baker going to manage Astros

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do differently under Hicks? Hasn't he actually spent more under these guys than Hicks?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he's finally learned patience and reason, he has lacked both majorly in the past and gutted the farm system for nothing (which put the team in it's current predicament) :doh:
And I have stated that as well in the past so very true. This is a slippery slope other than the Rendon situation which I think the gloves needed to come off. Otherwise we will be griping about some players (not very many really) that we wanted and wished we no longer had on the books. But he gutted the farm system thru trades and not free agency. If not careful he could still do that. But we have now built the system up to the point that in can play in to a trade which that is part of the reason of having a deep system. But not gut it as was done in the past.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have stated that as well in the past so very true. This is a slippery slope other than the Rendon situation which I think the gloves needed to come off. Otherwise we will be griping about some players (not very many really) that we wanted and wished we no longer had on the books. But he gutted the farm system thru trades and not free agency. If not careful he could still do that. But we have now built the system up to the point that in can play in to a trade which that is part of the reason of having a deep system. But not gut it as was done in the past.
Agreed. It is the lack of FA signings that force desperation trades to fill those spots. The Rendon/Arenado situation us a perfect example.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s Sign Puig for LF.. maybe 2yrs $20 mil with incentives
Trade Calhoun, Palumbo, Crouse and Wendzel for Arrenado
Tell Odor that Solak is his competition this year and the best man will play.
Have Frazier at 1B with Guzman backing up
Trade for a really good bullpen arm that’s been consistently good that won’t cost an arm and a leg. Preferably from a rebuilding club.
Our team would be legit at that point and the farm would still have plenty of talent.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do differently under Hicks? Hasn't he actually spent more under these guys than Hicks?
Not sure about that as A-Rod and Chan Ho were before JD I believe. For the record you will not find me praising JD other than just stating some facts in the past or bashing him. Some think that Davis and Simpson may sell after the stadium opens and I don't think that would hurt. I also have no issue if JD was let go but regardless there has to be a great working relationship between the owners and the GM and I am not smart enough to know if that is really happening.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that as A-Rod and Chan Ho were before JD I believe. For the record you will not find me praising JD other than just stating some facts in the past or bashing him. Some think that Davis and Simpson may sell after the stadium opens and I don't think that would hurt. I also have no issue if JD was let go but regardless there has to be a great working relationship between the owners and the GM and I am not smart enough to know if that is really happening.
I don't care for Mark Cuban the person, but I wouldn't mind if he took another shot at buying the club. Maybe he could team up with Greenburg and another purchaser.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hold it against MLB for not allowing Gaylord buy the team back in the day. They had the same misgivings about Cuban.