• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until his contract runs out, and if he puts together a good stretch at the end of that then they probably pick up the option.
Bite your tongue

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this board the tongues of pessimism are rarely bit
They are tongues that belong to folks who have experienced how things operate with this team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are tongues that belong to folks who have experienced how things operate with this team.
There are tongues that don't seem to look at anything positive as well. Not saying we have not had a lot of bad but it is easy to gripe afterwards. Thing is that some actually were all for certain players and contracts until things went south after a while then they seem to forget.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Minor one thing I like is that he WANTS to play here. I just hope we can come to a reasonable contract with him and it may be good to wait a bit. That can be good and bad because if he pitches lights out it will cost us.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - Under JD who I do get upset with because he has made some really bad trades and FA signings but here are some good ones. I am sure I missed some. Some of these were can't miss prospects or so we thought myself included.

Rangers received from Braves: C Jarrod Saltalamacchia, SS Elvis Andrus, LHP Matt Harrison, RHP Neftalí Feliz and LHP Beau Jones
Rangers gave up: 1B Mark Teixeira and LHP Ron Mahay

Rangers received from Phillies: *LHP Cole Hamels and LHP Jake Diekman
Rangers gave up: C Jorge Alfaro, OF Nick Williams, RHP Jake Thompson, RHP Alec Asher, RHP Jerad Eickhoff and LHP Harrison

Rangers received from Reds: OF Josh Hamilton
Rangers gave up: RHP Edinson Vólquez and LHP Danny Herrera

Rangers got from Mariners: LHP Cliff Lee and RHP Mark Lowe
Rangers gave up: 1B Justin Smoak, RHP Blake Beavan, RHP Josh Lueke and IF Matt Lawson

Rangers got from Toronto: 1B/C Mike Napoli
Rangers gave up: RHP Frank Francisco.

Free Agent signings - Beltre, Napoli, Colby Lewis, Yu Darvish

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tongues of restraint and discretion can be considered virtuous.

Perhaps operated vs how they operate. No one is doomed from their past.
I hope the Rangers are always learning and getting better.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, they have not done as well lately. But Minor and Lynn turned out to be pretty good last year and I still think Calhoun could be. Then I actually like on paper what we have done so far but just as I said before it can go south and then we all will down JD's throat. But I do agree we have not done well as a whole lately. So I am hoping what we are seeing is the beginning of a turnaround.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are tongues that don't seem to look at anything positive as well. Not saying we have not had a lot of bad but it is easy to gripe afterwards. Thing is that some actually were all for certain players and contracts until things went south after a while then they seem to forget.
I was all for Elvis getting an extension. That is why I never complained about the contract afterwards. I was against a couple of the pitchers we acquired earlier this decade, and that is why I complained about them afterwards. There was another pitching acquisition that I was for, so when it failed I didn't feel I had the right to complain.

I know you didn't specify that I was in the group that you were talking about, but it was my needing to bite my tongue that brought all of it up. So I thought I should set the record straight about me. Others, I can't speak for.

I am all for giving credit where credit is due and I have tried to do so. I try to be positive when I can be also. I guess I was really the most positive on here where it concerned Banny, Gallo very early on, Calhoun, Santana, and some others. I have been accused of being too positive concerning certain prospects as well as Holland when he was here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone on here should be honest about how they feel about the team. If they feel they should be optimistic then that is fine, if they feel they should be pessimistic that is fine too.

You seem to want to portray this as some kind of good vs. evil or moral vs. immoral. It is nothing of the sort. There is no virtue in being too optimistic, or no lack of virtue in being too pessimistic about a baseball team.

Then there is the whole question about whether a feeling is realistic or pessimistic.

A fan certainly doesn't have to wear rose colored glasses to be a good person or even a good fan.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was probably more optimistic than anyone that we were going to get Rendon. Look where that got me. lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was probably more optimistic than anyone that we were going to get Rendon. Look where that got me. lol

I know that was a huge letdown

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on here should be honest about how they feel about the team. If they feel they should be optimistic then that is fine, if they feel they should be pessimistic that is fine too.

You seem to want to portray this as some kind of good vs. evil or moral vs. immoral. It is nothing of the sort. There is no virtue in being too optimistic, or no lack of virtue in being too pessimistic about a baseball team.

Then there is the whole question about whether a feeling is realistic or pessimistic.

A fan certainly doesn't have to wear rose colored glasses to be a good person or even a good fan.

Rose colored glasses huh.

The reality is the Rangers have had a big boost pitching wise which will spillover into the pen. Also we have probably the best depth of SP in a long time. This will pay off.
Conversely, we have definite holes in the lineup and on defense.
Despite a bit of hope for Odor there is obvious no guarantee he learned a lesson yet I do hope.
We need another RHB. I do think we will add one.

So we have improved but yes we should not be considered pennant contenders. BUT We are moving in the right direction

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose colored glasses huh.

The reality is the Rangers have had a big boost pitching wise which will spillover into the pen. Also we have probably the best depth of SP in a long time. This will pay off.
Conversely, we have definite holes in the lineup and on defense.
Despite a bit of hope for Odor there is obvious no guarantee he learned a lesson yet I do hope.
We need another RHB. I do think we will add one.

So we have improved but yes we should not be considered pennant contenders. BUT We are moving in the right direction
That is all good, but it has nothing to do with the original subject matter when this conversation began.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I meant to say that it wasn't aimed at you. But thanks for the confession. Haha! But I admitted I have done the same. Yeah, let's get so and so and sign him and then later what a stupid move that was. Hey, the whole thing is a crap shoot at times. There were many who were even against getting Beltre because he played well during contract years. You just don't know for the most part. Now that being said there are some trades or FA we have picked up that we know are garbage. And a number of them have been in the last few years. And we should complain when someone like Odor has gone south on us as it wasn't always like that with him. Just not all the time and at the same time we should give credit where credit is due.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all good, but it has nothing to do with the original subject matter when this conversation began.
It all evolves. I'm good with it too. People takes things where they want to go. A bit of Ranger catharsis

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all evolves. I'm good with it too. People takes things where they want to go. A bit of Ranger catharsis
Evolved did it? Seems like it deteriorated into disorganization.