• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s disappointing that the rangers didn’t even try to sign DJ Lamahiue at 2nd base. That guy is a hitting machine.

I guess we really love some roogie.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s disappointing that the rangers didn’t even try to sign DJ Lamahiue at 2nd base. That guy is a hitting machine.

Yes, he da man:D

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ was so far above the Rangers level of interest that they didn't even consider him. He was a level 1 FA and they weren't looking at anyone above level 4

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to think our current GM was going to be a great one. But after the following it may be time to reevaluate who needs to carry us forward:
Arod Fielder Choo Odor and TJ crew all major mistakes the way contracts and extensions were handled. Just my opinion.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for Tampa Bay, I like their organization and the way its run and scouted, their fans sucks and their stadium sucks, but its a well run organization despite the reluctance to spend money on players

I had some hope for TB but I guess I'm for the Nats now.

A beauty contest and all the contestants have warts.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to think our current GM was going to be a great one. But after the following it may be time to reevaluate who needs to carry us forward:
Arod Fielder Choo Odor and TJ crew all major mistakes the way contracts and extensions were handled. Just my opinion.

Not sure we can consider him great without a WS crown.

Fielder trade although with good intentions to get LH power in the lineup did not work due to injury. But the TJS pitchers I and not fathom were his first choices. He got Minor and Lynn though which proved cost effective.

To me JDs biggest minus is not developing MLB starters. But sure the what have you done lately is relevant despite his last year overhaul going to a more metrics based baseball approach. We shall see how this works out

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t view Arod as this huge epic mistake. I mean the guy played at an mvp level. We really screwed up in the aftermath tho. We traded Arod for Soriano and Joaquin arias. Horrible trade. Robinson cano was on the list of guys the Yankees sent us. Granted, he wouldn’t be a ranger right now, but it would’ve been nice to have him young and cheap for awhile.

fielder looked good on paper. He would’ve raked hitting at our stadium if he was just healthy and the move was supposed to make way for the #1 prospect in all of baseball to finally play everyday. Little did everyone know that the trade would lead to the rise of........

ODOR is by far the most frustrating out of all these. He burst onto the scene because we traded Kinsler and Profar was too messed up from all of his injuries. He played well in the beginning, but he seems to lack the discipline and intelligence to adjust his approach after MLB pitchers adjusted to him. The MLB is a game of adjustments and our little matador with a great right hook can’t make them. JD watched the Bautista incident, looked at his odor’s stats, and wrongfully calculated that odor was going to be the next Rangers Star. He has turned out to be the biggest rangers chump and we’re all a bunch of chumps for relying on him for so long without any backup plans. Hell we jettisoned all back up plans ( Hanser Alberto....Id rather have him over odor, I’d rather have kinsler,)

Choo has played pretty well. The guy hasn’t been a bust, but it definitely looks like we overpaid for him.

The TJ crew was just an epic abortion and a total fail on so many levels. It was a complete joke.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t view Arod as this huge epic mistake. I mean the guy played at an mvp level. We really screwed up in the aftermath tho. We traded Arod for Soriano and Joaquin arias. Horrible trade. Robinson cano was on the list of guys the Yankees sent us. Granted, he wouldn’t be a ranger right now, but it would’ve been nice to have him young and cheap for awhile.

fielder looked good on paper. He would’ve raked hitting at our stadium if he was just healthy and the move was supposed to make way for the #1 prospect in all of baseball to finally play everyday. Little did everyone know that the trade would lead to the rise of........

ODOR is by far the most frustrating out of all these. He burst onto the scene because we traded Kinsler and Profar was too messed up from all of his injuries. He played well in the beginning, but he seems to lack the discipline and intelligence to adjust his approach after MLB pitchers adjusted to him. The MLB is a game of adjustments and our little matador with a great right hook can’t make them. JD watched the Bautista incident, looked at his odor’s stats, and wrongfully calculated that odor was going to be the next Rangers Star. He has turned out to be the biggest rangers chump and we’re all a bunch of chumps for relying on him for so long without any backup plans. Hell we jettisoned all back up plans ( Hanser Alberto....Id rather have him over odor, I’d rather have kinsler,)

Choo has played pretty well. The guy hasn’t been a bust, but it definitely looks like we overpaid for him.

The TJ crew was just an epic abortion and a total fail on so many levels. It was a complete joke.
I believe Arod trade cost us plenty. Are we not stil paying part of the deal? Money spent we could have used. Yes his play was great. Trade was not.
Choo was an overpayment and contract too long. He has blocked young players for a long time.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ALCS tied in the 8th

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Arod trade cost us plenty. Are we not stil paying part of the deal? Money spent we could have used. Yes his play was great. Trade was not.
Choo was an overpayment and contract too long. He has blocked young players for a long time.
The problem with the AROD signing wasn't the years or money, it was that the Rangers stopped with it. The rest of the team wasn't that good and Hicks did nothing to build on his signing

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the AROD signing wasn't the years or money, it was that the Rangers stopped with it. The rest of the team wasn't that good and Hicks did nothing to build on his signing
Which is on the same level as what the ownership is doing now except in their case it's signing the Tommy John group and an annual influx of below average players. How many millions has this management wasted on these players over the last few years? It has to be in the 8 figures on crap

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is on the same level as what the ownership is doing now except in their case it's signing the Tommy John group and an annual influx of below average players. How many millions has this management wasted on these players over the last few years? It has to be in the 8 figures on crap

I keep hoping they have a plan. Maybe they’re trying to get A rod, fielder, and Choo off the books before trying again?

we have had shitty trade deadlines the last few years when we have desperately needed to acquire talent. I’m skeptical at this point that these guys even have a plan. If they did have a plan, I doubt they’d be able to execute it properly.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? We continued to pay $67 mil after the trade with NY. Wasted money that could have been used else where. At the time $252 mil was epic. Did not leave much room to build on.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Re the new ballpark

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hoping they have a plan. Maybe they’re trying to get A rod, fielder, and Choo off the books before trying again?

we have had shitty trade deadlines the last few years when we have desperately needed to acquire talent. I’m skeptical at this point that these guys even have a plan. If they did have a plan, I doubt they’d be able to execute it properly.
If their only plan is to sign on their thumb while waiting for that then they don't really have a plan. Other teams have similar deadweight on their rosters and they seem to find ways to add and develop competitive teams. JD doesn't seem to have a clue on how to do that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their only plan is to sign on their thumb while waiting for that then they don't really have a plan. Other teams have similar deadweight on their rosters and they seem to find ways to add and develop competitive teams. JD doesn't seem to have a clue on how to do that.

The FO has a plan!! May not be a good one. You may not like it but they have a plan. Why don't you settle down and see what happens after the season is over and trades begin. Nothing can be done till then except private discussions behind closed doors. There is a plan in motion.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
re ARod. He was a wonderful player but ultimately they went bankrupt and his contract was a factor. Funny thinking adding a star will increase profitability despite being strapped financially.

One thought for BB and life. Don't take on a heavy contrast or expense you can not afford to eat if it goes south. Choo did his part too minus his defense but others did not and his contract appears to be an albatross.

Still think with our big upgrade with the ballpark our position in the marketplace should be bigger. The whole world is moving to Texas

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO has a plan!! May not be a good one. You may not like it but they have a plan. Why don't you settle down and see what happens after the season is over and trades begin. Nothing can be done till then except private discussions behind closed doors. There is a plan in motion.
Did that during the last 2 off-seasons and it was TJ pickups and below average positional players