• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas paranoid of A&M success...siap

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not true at all. for example a shop in NYC pays 10x the rent as a shop in a rural area. however what it loses in rent it makes up in having 1000x the customer visits. same in the white collar industry. the benefits of being in the NYC hub (for example clients & local resources) far outweigh the costs of owning a building downtown. it has nothing to do with getting more income because the prices are higher.

And the more money you make, the more you pay in taxes. Of course businesses make up for it, otherwise they would go out of business. It's funny how you keep changing things around every time you get proven wrong. Now suddenly the extra costs are ok...because more customers.

and as for your federal income tax comment.......

in the example i gave 25k vs 50K theres no difference because they are in the same 15% bracket. (17k to 72k). the federal tax rates are setup specifically to keep the idea that you proposed from happening.

now think about this logically. even if this was indeed true you are talking a tax rate difference of 5%, but get double the income. lets see 50% more money 5% more taxes........would you take that deal? fuck i would.
You aren't even close to talking about my income bracket. Even more important, you aren't even close to talking about the income bracket it costs for someone to live where I did in California.

And you are not just talking about the tax and double the income. You are talking about double the costs as well.

For example.

My rent in California: $2450 a month.
My rent in Tennessee: $740 a month.

My electric bill in California: $500 a month.
Water in California: $120 a month.

My water/electric in Tennessee(1 bill): $240 a month.

Gas in California: $4+ a gallon.
Tennessee: $3+ a gallon.

My average visit to a grocery store for a week of groceries in California: $300.
Tennessee: $120

Car insurance in California: $150 a month.
Tennessee: $80 a month.

Oh, and my garbage in California: $35 a month. Tennessee: Free.

Cable and such is basically the same.

Taxes in California: Personal income tax for me was: $2200 + 9%.
Tennessee: No income tax.

Sales Tax in California: 10%(7.5% of which is state).
Tennessee: 9% (7% of which is state). Oh, and the tax on groceries is even less.

And on down the list. I can pretty much pay all my bills, rent, utilities and everything in Tennesee for just the cost of my rent alone in California. Even though I'm making about $25,000 less in Tennessee than I was in California, I have WAY more money left over for luxury spending.

Sorry kid, get a job, join the real world and learn a little.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the department of defense spent 19% of the budget.

but thats not all the military spending we do.

department of energy <== does a shitload of military related research
department of veteran affairs <== should be obvious
treasury department <== pays military retirees & death benefits

and if that # isnt enough for you maybe a visual will do you good.

GR_120620_defensespending.jpg

You go from talking %'s to putting up a total number like it's supposed to make your point.

Call me stupid again. :laugh3:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the more money you make, the more you pay in taxes. Of course businesses make up for it, otherwise they would go out of business. It's funny how you keep changing things around every time you get proven wrong. Now suddenly the extra costs are ok...because more customers.

You aren't even close to talking about my income bracket. Even more important, you aren't even close to talking about the income bracket it costs for someone to live where I did in California.

And you are not just talking about the tax and double the income. You are talking about double the costs as well.

For example.

My rent in California: $2450 a month.
My rent in Tennessee: $740 a month.

My electric bill in California: $500 a month.
Water in California: $120 a month.

My water/electric in Tennessee(1 bill): $240 a month.

Gas in California: $4+ a gallon.
Tennessee: $3+ a gallon.

My average visit to a grocery store for a week of groceries in California: $300.
Tennessee: $120

Car insurance in California: $150 a month.
Tennessee: $80 a month.

Oh, and my garbage in California: $35 a month. Tennessee: Free.

Cable and such is basically the same.

Taxes in California: Personal income tax for me was: $2200 + 9%.
Tennessee: No income tax.

Sales Tax in California: 10%(7.5% of which is state).
Tennessee: 9% (7% of which is state). Oh, and the tax on groceries is even less.

And on down the list. I can pretty much pay all my bills, rent, utilities and everything in Tennesee for just the cost of my rent alone in California. Even though I'm making about $25,000 less in Tennessee than I was in California, I have WAY more money left over for luxury spending.

Sorry kid, get a job, join the real world and learn a little.

either your cali lifestyle was much different (sports car, whole foods) or you are just flat out lying.....

either way i call BS on those personal expense's.....

there are an unlimited amount of groups that measure this stuff. hmm......

a couple hundred websites who measure/research this stuff......or what an anonymous message board poster says. even if your numbers were legit (no way in hell they are) it doesnt matter. because pretty much every stat says otherwise.

now about TN. you say that the groceries costs are less than half.......but from what ive looked up, TN actually has very high groceries costs

i checked 3 random TN cities, morristown, chattonooga & knoxville. those 3 cities were pretty expensive themselves. i only picked groceries because claiming they were less than half the cost really caught my eye and that was the easiest stat to look up. when i looked it up you ended up getting totally exposed. TN appears to be average in this stat from the 80 or so cities i looked at.

for groceries.....
chattnooga: 94.5
knoxville 84.7
morristown 87.33
^^^
these were the first 3 i chose. i found a few other TN cities in the 70s & 80s after looking for more TN cities

most of the big cali cities were in the mid 80s to low 100s. however the medium sized cali cities were in the 70s-80s. TN is cheaper than cali, but by no means does TN blow away cali in the way you described. and this trend goes across the board.

if i found this much evidence that totally contradicts you on just the first thing i checked up. im not even gonna waste my time on the rest of your post

Cost of Living in United States. Prices in United States.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go from talking %'s to putting up a total number like it's supposed to make your point.

Call me stupid again. :laugh3:

no it has nothing to do with the total number you idiot, its to show you how much we spend compared to all the other nations. (hmm that sounds like percentage right there)

shit like this is why its annoying to debate alabama fans. you have to be extra specific to make sure they understand what you are trying to say. you cant just leave things to chance with them and hope they can make an inference based on the information you give them. you have to give them the information, AND tell them the inference yourself for them to understand it.

and then this comment also shows a bammers dumbed down his logic. if i was just trying to tell the X dollar amount the US spends each year, why would i bother to post a bar graph in the first place? let alone a graph comparing our spending to other countries.

you say: Call me stupid again
I say: yes you are stupid

i thought it be very obvious to show that the us spends more on the military than the next 4 nations combined. (we actually outspend the next 15 nations combined but hey whose counting?)

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either your cali lifestyle was much different (sports car, whole foods) or you are just flat out lying.....

a couple hundred websites who measure/research this stuff......or what an anonymous message board poster says. even if your numbers were legit (no way in hell they are) it doesnt matter. because pretty much every stat says otherwise.

now about TN. you say that the groceries costs are less than half.......but from what ive looked up, TN actually has very high groceries costs

i checked 3 random TN cities, morristown, chattonooga & knoxville. those 3 cities were pretty expensive themselves. i only picked groceries because claiming they were less than half the cost really caught my eye and that was the easiest stat to look up. when i looked it up you ended up getting totally exposed. TN appears to be average in this stat from the 80 or so cities i looked at.

for groceries.....
knoxville 84.7
morristown 87.33
^^^
these were the first 3 i chose. i found a few other TN cities in the 70s & 80s after looking for more TN cities

most of the big cali cities were in the mid 80s to low 100s. however the medium sized cali cities were in the 70s-80s. TN is cheaper than cali, but by no means does TN blow away cali in the way you described. and this trend goes across the board.

if i found this much evidence that totally contradicts you on just the first thing i checked up. im not even gonna waste my time on the rest of your post

Good points. But you can't debate someone that refuses to acknowledge logic.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for groceries.....
knoxville 84.7
morristown 87.33
^^^

Cost of Living in San Jose, CA, United States. Prices in San Jose, CA.

vs

Cost of Living in Murfreesboro, TN, United States. Prices in Murfreesboro, TN.

Although I live outside of town on the 2nd one, so my prices are actually even cheaper than that. But sometimes I drive up there to shop.

And the biggest thing I buy is beef/meats. Which are in fact DOUBLE in California. I just searched Safeway.com, the local grocery store with my old zipcode. Price was between 3.99-4.99 a lb. I can just about buy steaks for that price in Tennessee. But ground beef here in Tennessee is about 2.29 a lb, 2.99 at most. Pretty damn close to 50% less if you ask me.

And from your link:

California: Rent Index: 72.69
Tennessee: Rent Index: 29.72

California: Local Purchasing Power: 125.71
Tennessee: Local Purchasing Power: 226.46

More than double on the rent, which my numbers were exactly right on. And the most telling number of all - local purchasing power, is just short of being more than double.

I have the same car and diets in both.

TY come again.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it has nothing to do with the total number you idiot, its to show you how much we spend compared to all the other nations. (hmm that sounds like percentage right there)

shit like this is why its annoying to debate alabama fans. you have to be extra specific to make sure they understand what you are trying to say. you cant just leave things to chance with them and hope they can make an inference based on the information you give them. you have to give them the information, AND tell them the inference yourself for them to understand it.

and then this comment also shows a bammers dumbed down his logic. if i was just trying to tell the X dollar amount the US spends each year, why would i bother to post a bar graph in the first place? let alone a graph comparing our spending to other countries.

you say: Call me stupid again
I say: yes you are stupid

i thought it be very obvious to show that the us spends more on the military than the next 4 nations combined. (we actually outspend the next 15 nations combined but hey whose counting?)

The amount of money we spend in comparison to other countries says a ton about the % of our budget we spend on defense spending?

:lol:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is bipolar and has seriously jumped the shark.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, another bash Texas thread. I love those.

Texas is actually paranoid about everybody. Texas feels that since it is Texas it is naturally better. The only school that Texas is actually afraid of right now is Oklahoma. If Oklahoma drops its relationship with Texas, Texas would be in deep trouble because of the way Texas has played the realignment game. That is why Dodds and Powers PERSONALLY flew up to Norman in September 2011 with bags of money to soothe the Sooner ego.

In order to play with Texas, you must beat them on the field, in the boardroom, deal with the officiating crews being from Texas and being Texas fans, and in politics. Texas already owns the Big 12 Commissioner and owns the Big 12 officiating crews.

My wager, Texas moves to deal with A&M through the politics of Texas, and not on the field since Texas cannot influence the SEC officiating crews and cannot influence Slive in any way. I will wager that the Texas Permanent University Fund all of a sudden has a problem dispersing money to A&M. I will wager that some State projects somehow don't get going in College Station or in a Texas A&M affiliate school area.

One school we're not paranoid about is Nebraska. 3 things are certain in Austin:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Owning Nebraska

Still sucking on Bevo's dick, huh?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now think about this logically. even if this was indeed true you are talking a tax rate difference of 5%, but get double the income. lets see 50% more money 5% more taxes........would you take that deal? fuck i would.[/QUOTE]

Hell no.There is no logical reason that $1 of one persons economic value is worth .55 and another persons is worth .60. You can argue it is for the benefit of society, but it is not a concept based on fairness.