• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas paranoid of A&M success...siap

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter how they are coming in, they are coming and in droves. Right to work is better than having Union structure any day. Just ask the failed UAW model that needed bailing out and many others that are failing due to their bad business practices. The Plans in Alabama are paying very well for similar jobs up north and they dont need a union to get that money. I have done work in the Kia plant and my contract was way more than i have been offered in similar style plants in the north and mid-west. Hurts that they let in those plants to boost the economy of those dumb ole rednecks, doesnt it?

the term right to work is the biggest lie out there. what it really should be called is right to work......for less. go look up the average wages per state. notice how all the RTW states are at the bottom of the list?

states need to build their economies by being innovative. the souths growth comes from doing the complete opposite of that. they just lower their environmental, wage, & safety standards to below that of the north. thats fine short term, but long term its very stupid. states need to attract business because those said business have an invested interest in the region itself. what we see in the south is that the business that they attract, a lot of them dont have that mentality. those business will leave the second another state offers even more relaxed regulations. this creates a very unstable economic model and not only that but its bringing the rest of the country down. every time 1 state pulls this BS, that means another state is gonna do the same but only worse. state B lowers its standards to beat state A, so now state C has to make its standards even lower to beat state B.

while we should be focusing on new technology the 50 states are working against each other trying to see whose willing to pay the most to attract business. its like a giant bidding war & big business is the seller & they are cracking up each time.

oh and FYI bama's infrastructure issue has nothing to do with a population boom, its called 150 years of being a poorly run state

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter how they are coming in, they are coming and in droves. Right to work is better than having Union structure any day. Just ask the failed UAW model that needed bailing out and many others that are failing due to their bad business practices. The Plans in Alabama are paying very well for similar jobs up north and they dont need a union to get that money. I have done work in the Kia plant and my contract was way more than i have been offered in similar style plants in the north and mid-west. Hurts that they let in those plants to boost the economy of those dumb ole rednecks, doesnt it?

the term right to work is the biggest lie out there. what it really should be called is right to work......for less. go look up the average wages per state. notice how all the RTW states are at the bottom of the list?

states need to build their economies by being innovative. the souths growth comes from doing the complete opposite of that. they just lower their environmental, wage, & safety standards to below that of the north. thats fine short term, but long term its very stupid. states need to attract business because those said business have an invested interest in the region itself. what we see in the south is that the business that they attract, a lot of them dont have that mentality. those business will leave the second another state offers even more relaxed regulations. this creates a very unstable economic model and not only that but its bringing the rest of the country down. every time 1 state pulls this BS, that means another state is gonna do the same but only worse. state B lowers its standards to beat state A, so now state C has to make its standards even lower to beat state B.

while we should be focusing on new technology the 50 states are working against each other trying to see whose willing to pay the most to attract business. its like a giant bidding war & big business is the seller & they are cracking up each time.

oh and FYI bama's infrastructure issue has nothing to do with a population boom, its called 150 years of being a poorly run state

You know nothing about the cost of living differences between areas apparently. Go ahead and take your "good wages" to California and tell me how that works out. I made more in California than I do in Tennessee now, and I am MUCH better off here than I was in California.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know nothing about the cost of living differences between areas apparently. Go ahead and take your "good wages" to California and tell me how that works out. I made more in California than I do in Tennessee now, and I am MUCH better off here than I was in California.

the lower cost of living doesnt come close to making up for the lower wage's.

this comment is very common among southerners however its totally bogus.

the wage difference between rural mississippi & brooklyn is almost 50%

if you are making 50k in brooklyn the same job in mississippi nets you only 26,000

so you are giving up half your paycheck in exchange for housing thats 75% cheaper, but everything else is only 7% to 20% cheaper. it just doesnt make up the difference.

Cost of Living Calculator: Compare the Cost of Living in Two Cities - CNNMoney

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and you totally missed the part where i said that my biggest beef with this system is that it doesnt just hurts the workers, it hurts the state as well as the nation with these policies

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has history. Problem is that history is boring and no one cares.Well, except for texas university. Texas fans always boasting about all time records and stats. As if other fans should be intimidated by teas sippers just because they used to win a lot.

The problem is that the dumbass aggies can't let go of the obsession. Been watching UT and the Aggies for over 50 years and this isn't the first time that A&M has strung together a couple of good years in football that were better than Texas. It happened once or twice in each decade since the 50's and each time it had the same end result. Aggies jump on the band wagon and then get knocked off. Why not win a NC or two and then beat your chest? Until then you're just riding the coat tails of the SEC.
27-25

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you are making 50k in brooklyn the same job in mississippi nets you only 26,000

so you are giving up half your paycheck in exchange for housing thats 75% cheaper, but everything else is only 7% to 20% cheaper. it just doesnt make up the difference.

But what are the tax differences?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes a big ass difference, especially when you figure in taxes.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amen to that. I had to stay 4 months out there for a contract job one time and it cost me an arm and a leg to live there and get back and forth. Dont want any part of that, and contract wwork comes up all the time in Cali, i just tell them i am regional now and recommend a friend who owns a similar business and will take work there any day of the week, he needs it.

John likes to talk about wages and things. My dad tells a story every time we get into discussions about unions. H e sold spray systems for large corporations for 40 plus years. He made it to Regional Sales manager towards the end. He then became a consultant and sale rep that did essentially the same thing after he took early retirement at 55 with his old company. He said he was working in a plant in Mississippi that had Union labor from the old days of this plant, still working there. They had two on staff painters who were basically grandfathered in to the plant. He was talking to an Architect that worked for the parent company that owned this plant(lawn equipment company) and the Architect told him to notice the two painters. He told my dad, " those two painters, who have been here for 25 and 28 years respectively, make more than my entire design and architecture staff combined and its two of them versus 5 of us." Thats pretty sad to think Unions can r*pe a company like that, no wonder many are going back to making things without Unions in house.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what are the tax differences?

i personally dont count taxes because each state offers different benefits based on the taxes you pay. some of these are intangibles that are impossible to measure. if you have a town thats all residential and has a high percentage of its tax rate goes to its school district? do you think every family values that the same? to the retired grandparents that tax is useless. to the family that has 4 kids in school that tax is worth every penny.

if you live in a rural area you pay lower taxes, but your transportation & utilities rates skyrocket.

for me personally growing up our town was serviced by two different private garbage removal companies. the 1st company (and im not joking here) literally put a hole in our driveway and had to repave it after we sued them. the second company had about the worst service imaginable picking it up at anywhere from 6am in the morning or 8pm at night. very annoying & very frustrating. the town got so pissed off that the government stepped in & took over the duties of trash removal. it costed us a increase in taxes.

now on paper you can say our cost of living increased. but what we had to pay in more taxes each year we saved in not having to hire a trash collector. so theres no difference.

these are all reasons why taxes should not be included in cost of living. of all the websites i looked at that measure this stuff not one of them included it. because theres an infinite amount of intangibles and how much you value certain services that taxes provide

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, it's to bad they left the Big 12. They were tired of getting owned by us most years.

They were great last year and this year due to Johnny Football but it wont last. AND they've still got some great teams in the SEC to deal with - most notably Alabama.

Guess they should have stayed in the Big 12. They might have had a shot at the national championship.

Oh well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i personally dont count taxes because each state offers different benefits based on the taxes you pay.

You don't count them because you are too young to pay them. Little hint: The tax money goes in large part to those who DON'T PAY TAXES.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you live in a rural area you pay lower taxes, but your transportation & utilities rates skyrocket.

No they don't. My bills were more than double in California.

for me personally growing up our town was serviced by two different private garbage removal companies. the 1st company (and im not joking here) literally put a hole in our driveway and had to repave it after we sued them. the second company had about the worst service imaginable picking it up at anywhere from 6am in the morning or 8pm at night. very annoying & very frustrating. the town got so pissed off that the government stepped in & took over the duties of trash removal. it costed us a increase in taxes.

now on paper you can say our cost of living increased. but what we had to pay in more taxes each year we saved in not having to hire a trash collector. so theres no difference.

I paid some of the highest taxes in the country in California, and I still had to pay for the trash service.

these are all reasons why taxes should not be included in cost of living. of all the websites i looked at that measure this stuff not one of them included it. because theres an infinite amount of intangibles and how much you value certain services that taxes provide

Because it's basically just some bullshit you made up.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

A bash Texas thread was created by a non Texan. Which turned into an argument btwn a michigan fan and a bama fan. Which turned into talk about the middle class. And all this happened as th aggies are losing.

Lol.

Thread = fail.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

A bash Texas thread was created by a non Texan. Which turned into an argument btwn a michigan fan and a bama fan. Which turned into talk about the middle class. And all this happened as th aggies are losing.

Lol.

Thread = fail.

A point for Hizzlerocker.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't count them because you are too young to pay them. Little hint: The tax money goes in large part to those who DON'T PAY TAXES.

^^^^
no cuz you are a dumb uneducated redneck who cant understand the point im making.

its so evident that you dont know whats going on because you used a reference to federal taxes in attempt to rebut my example about local taxes.

oh and if you do wanna go down that road with me lets talk about how 60% of the federal budget goes to "defense" spending

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's basically just some bullshit you made up.

^^^^^
none of the cost of living sites use taxes in their equations. why? because hey....guess what.....taxes are indeed a personal preference. i know this concept may be hard for you to grasp, but imagine this.....better schools, better roads, public works, firefighters.......

you get back what you put in out of state & local taxes.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

Lol.

Thread = fail.

in my defense......

the bama fan started it

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^
no cuz you are a dumb uneducated redneck who cant understand the point im making.

its so evident that you dont know whats going on because you used a reference to federal taxes in attempt to rebut my example about local taxes.

oh and if you do wanna go down that road with me lets talk about how 60% of the federal budget goes to "defense" spending

The more money you make the more money you pay in federal taxes. So if you live in a place with a higher cost of living and get higher paychecks as a result...You pay more in federal taxes. The same thing happens in states with income tax.

Local taxes are collected by property taxes and sales taxes. And in areas with higher costs of living....you just pay more for the services because the people who provide those services also have to pay the higher cost of living.

And 19% of the budget was spent on defense in 2012.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more money you make the more money you pay in federal taxes. So if you live in a place with a higher cost of living and get higher paychecks as a result...You pay more in federal taxes. The same thing happens in states with income tax.

Local taxes are collected by property taxes and sales taxes. And in areas with higher costs of living....you just pay more for the services because the people who provide those services also have to pay the higher cost of living.

And 19% of the budget was spent on defense in 2012.

thats not true at all. for example a shop in NYC pays 10x the rent as a shop in a rural area. however what it loses in rent it makes up in having 1000x the customer visits. same in the white collar industry. the benefits of being in the NYC hub (for example clients & local resources) far outweigh the costs of owning a building downtown. it has nothing to do with getting more income because the prices are higher.

and as for your federal income tax comment.......

in the example i gave 25k vs 50K theres no difference because they are in the same 15% bracket. (17k to 72k). the federal tax rates are setup specifically to keep the idea that you proposed from happening.

now think about this logically. even if this was indeed true you are talking a tax rate difference of 5%, but get double the income. lets see 50% more money 5% more taxes........would you take that deal? fuck i would.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the department of defense spent 19% of the budget.

but thats not all the military spending we do.

department of energy <== does a shitload of military related research
department of veteran affairs <== should be obvious
treasury department <== pays military retirees & death benefits

and if that # isnt enough for you maybe a visual will do you good.

GR_120620_defensespending.jpg