• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas A&M To Seek Affiliation With Another Athletic conference

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News Release: Texas A&M to Seek New Conference Affiliation - Texas A&M University - College Station, TX

NEWS RELEASE - August 31, 2011

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M University today officially notified the Big 12 Conference that the institution will submit an application to join another athletic conference. Should this application be accepted, Texas A&M will end its membership in the Big 12 Conference effective June 30, 2012.

"After much thought and consideration, and pursuant to the action of the (Texas A&M University System) Board of Regents authorizing me to take action related to Texas A&M University's athletic conference alignment, I have determined it is in the best interest of Texas A&M to make application to join another athletic conference," President R. Bowen Loftin wrote to Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe in the letter dated August 31, 2011.

"We appreciate the Big 12's willingness to engage in a dialogue to end our relationship through a mutually agreeable settlement," Loftin added. "We, too, desire that this process be as amicable and prompt as possible and result in a resolution of all outstanding issues, including mutual waivers by Texas A&M and the conference on behalf of all the remaining members."

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drop Colorado and pick up Helen Kellers dedicated school for the difficulty impaired.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fair. I've never understood WTF we were thinking going with Colorado.

i don't know :L that Denver market can't be that valuable. if anything those people are Bronco fans and probably dont follow a consistant 5-7 team in Boulder.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would this headline shock the CFB nation...

"aTm pulls a fumblerooski and scores a win as they land in The Big Ten Conference"

Although this news is huge... the biggest shocker is that OU, Okla State and Missouri have agreed to join aTm in this move, making the Big Ten the first Super Conference with 16 teams.

LMAO... I am just stirring up shit...:ss: but that would throw a wrench into the conference realigment process... and the Big 12... well.... not sure what would come of it...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would this headline shock the CFB nation...

"aTm pulls a fumblerooski and scores a win as they land in The Big Ten Conference"

Although this news is huge... the biggest shocker is that OU, Okla State and Missouri have agreed to join aTm in this move, making the Big Ten the first Super Conference with 16 teams.

LMAO... I am just stirring up shit...:ss: but that would throw a wrench into the conference realigment process... and the Big 12... well.... not sure what would come of it...

Texas would just add a bunch of scrubs that they can bully around and continue to win conference title after conference title and ending up in a BCS bowl game each year. Finally on paper, living up to it's supposed dominance.