• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texans - It's Clowney or Manziel

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McNair has declared that the Texans have narrowed their first pick to Clowney or Manziel.

I'm taking a bow for standing by Manziel throughout the 4 months of the Bridgewater and Bortles crusades. :laugh3:

McNair also stated that if the Texans trade down, they would be targeting Bortles and Mack.

Two weeks to go!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Manziel or Clowney with the first pick but if they trade down it's no longer Manziel but then Bortles?? McNair always was one to talk out both sides of his mouth.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god. Dont bring up Manziel on this board. People get upset.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope they pick JFF, I think we can all agree we want to see the Clowney bidding.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it makes sense, Jonny has been hanging around all the famous texans...

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss - McNair assumes Manziel will be gone if he trades down past pick #4.

I love this stuff. Drama in Texas!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Greg Cosell says it could be the Rams... :omg:

Rams should draft Johnny Manziel, says Greg Cosell - Turf Show Times

Interesting angle...

I'll add, he could play a year behind Bradford and if Sam earns an extension, Manziel could be offered up in a trade. There is always someone looking for a QB like Johnny.

If Sam fails, we have a play making QB with a year in the system on the cheap for the next four years. That and he'll be finishing up the season so we'd get a good look at what we have for 2015. Should Johnny pan out, we'd have more money for free agency to improve the running game and defense over the next few years from the $$ we'll save from Sam's extension. :whistle:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction:
With the 1st pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Javadian Clowney.:nod:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess that must be it. But Manziel is falling in every other mock draft I've seen. I do think the smart thing for Houston to do is trade out of the pick though. If they truly want Manziel, I suspect he'll be there even if they trade down into the lower top 10.

Everybody is playing poker right now. The Rams are bluffing because they really don't want to stay at #2 and everybody knows it. I don't think the Texans are though because so many teams would like a shot at drafting Clowney and they know it. That equates to the Texan's pick appreciating in value, while the Rams pick depreciating. With so many possibilities, one thing is certain....there will be plenty of "second-guessing" after this draft for almost every team unless they hit a homerun.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Greg Cosell says it could be the Rams... :omg:

Rams should draft Johnny Manziel, says Greg Cosell - Turf Show Times

Interesting angle...

I'll add, he could play a year behind Bradford and if Sam earns an extension, Manziel could be offered up in a trade. There is always someone looking for a QB like Johnny.

If Sam fails, we have a play making QB with a year in the system on the cheap for the next four years. That and he'll be finishing up the season so we'd get a good look at what we have for 2015. Should Johnny pan out, we'd have more money for free agency to improve the running game and defense over the next few years from the $$ we'll save from Sam's extension. :whistle:
Trades, Manziel, extensions, panning out! :gaah:The sky is falling, the sky is falling. :wink:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams picking Manziel at #2 would ruin the draft for me. I trust Snisher to not ruin my weekend, lol.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they would not draft JFF at #2, it might make sense at #13 if Dix,Gilbert and Pryor happen to be gone,

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football starting QB St. Louis Rams. Has a nice ring too it.

:ss:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke2829
Prediction:
With the 1st pick of the 2014 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Javadian Clowney.
nod.gif

Worst possible scenario for the Rams.

Not necessarily. All that means is that we either get someone who REALLY wants Bortles to trade up or we take Watkins or an OT... not a bad thing at all really.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu, I think its the worst scenarion because it eliminates 3 things.
1. picking Clowney
2. trading with Atlanta
3. shopping Clowney

That being said it would still leave the Rams in a good position. When the worst scenarion is still good you really can't screw up.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Houston is looking to trade back, which they should be, and Dallas really does want to go all in after Manziel, which I wouldn't put past Jerry, then theres a chance the Rams will look beautiful. The Cowboys could way over pay for the top pick leaving the Rams with #2 and Clowney on the board. Other possibility is the Texans take Clowney and the Cowboys way over pay for the #2 pick. I'd be alright with either.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Atlanta gives up what the Texans will require for daClown. At this point it's all conjecture, just like when we all heard the Lions were ready to move up to #2 for Watkins. I'm not saying it wouldn't/wont happen but in this draft everything will be decided on draft day. Personally I hope the Texans or Atlanta pick Clowney so I don't have to hear about how awful our FO is for not grabbing him. Ugggh I can see it already. :doh:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Atlanta gives up what the Texans will require for daClown. At this point it's all conjecture, just like when we all heard the Lions were ready to move up to #2 for Watkins. I'm not saying it wouldn't/wont happen but in this draft everything will be decided on draft day. Personally I hope the Texans or Atlanta pick Clowney so I don't have to hear about how awful our FO is for not grabbing him. Ugggh I can see it already. :doh:

Don't worry Jacob, Rams fans will complain no matter what happens.