• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrible L by Houston

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC missed the window because the owner either can't or won't go into the luxury to keep a good team together.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also that loss wasnt that bad the Mavs are good and Monte had one of the best games of his career.......... The Rockets have a good team without Asik he just doesn't fit with Howard Asik is still a solid center nonetheless. Trading Asik for a defensive stopper and another shooter is ideal.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at Monta playing like an allstar. We all know the chucker is in there somewhere Monta! BrickSqod!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight was getting hacked toward the end with no calls whatsoever.

Was an awful loss though. Can't let two players kill you like Ellis and Nowitzki did.

That's a good thing. Do you really want him on the free throw at the end of a close game? The refs did the Rockets a favor.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good thing. Do you really want him on the free throw at the end of a close game? The refs did the Rockets a favor.

He was 9/13 at the line last night and getting to the free throw line is better than "blocks" or "turnovers" that lead to fast breaks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans are annoying. Why are you still mad that Dwight left an aging Kobe to play with a young Harden who's getting ready to enter his prime? Get over it and Dwight had nothing to do with the L last night as he was dominant and even made most of his fts.

Oh I see. Since Dwight left the Lakers, Lakers fans can't comment on Dwight. Dwight making most of his free throws happens once in awhile. It doesn't mean he'll hit them with the game on the line.

What's really annoying is Heat fans trying to claim Lakers fans are still mad that Dwight left when the fact is that most Lakers fans are glad he's gone.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 9/13 at the line last night and getting to the free throw line is better than "blocks" or "turnovers" that lead to fast breaks.

Better than turnovers sure. Even with him being 9/13 from the line, I wouldn't trust him with the game on the line.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for lakers fans to claim they're better off without Dwight

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now, this season, the Lakers aren't better off without Dwight. However, for the future and winning championships, the Lakers will be better off without Dwight. The Lakers with Dwight would basically be where Houston is right now. Looking at a 4 or 5 seed and a 2nd round exit in the playoffs. Clearly, that would be better than where they are likely to end up this season (8 seed or lottery).

Dwight isn't going to lead any team to a championship. His game is too limited and he doesn't take it seriously enough. However, he commands the contract of a player who can. With the new cba, a max deal player needs to be someone who can lead a team to a title.

Another part of the problem for Dwight is that I'm not sure that he can be led to a championship either. Dwight wants to be "the man" and thinks that he already knows how to lead a team to a title, even though he hasn't.

And before you remind Lakers fans how excited we were about getting Dwight last season. You're right we were. Then we saw what we got with him: A player who thinks he already has it all figured out and who turned down assistance on improving his game from Kareem, Steve Nash and Kobe. That is not a player who can lead a team to a title.

After seeing what the Lakers had in Dwight, most of us are glad he's gone. It was certainly worth a try, but it didn't work.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is on the same level as okc when you think of it. They have 2 superstars and a bunch of role players....only difference is Houston have better role players

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is on the same level as okc when you think of it. They have 2 superstars and a bunch of role players....only difference is Houston have better role players

And OKC has better superstars. End of the day, I don't see Houston or OKC winning the title. I could see OKC possibly getting to the WCF, I don't see Houston getting out of the 2nd round.

Because of Dwight's offensive limitations, late in close games, Houston has 1 superstar and in the playoffs, there tend be lots of games that are close late.

llemon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets lost because they kept chucking up 3-pointers early in the clock when they had a big lead.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets lost because they kept chucking up 3-pointers early in the clock when they had a big lead.

That certainly had a lot to do with it. PnR defense was a large part as well.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing what the Lakers had in Dwight, most of us are glad he's gone. It was certainly worth a try, but it didn't work.

Yup count me in on that. Wonder if the local Houston media is having a field day yet with Dwight....guessing they're not 'cause as Barkley said he chose to go to a 2nd tier city to avoid the backlash. 10 years in the league and still doesn't have a go-to move....and this coming from Shaq, LOL

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They played there best game of the year last night. Dirk makes a lucky 3 and Monta has an insane game. They would of beat Dallas 9 out of 10 times playing like they did last night. Parsons is a star. If OKC had Parsons just give them a ring.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans are annoying. Why are you still mad that Dwight left an aging Kobe to play with a young Harden who's getting ready to enter his prime? Get over it and Dwight had nothing to do with the L last night as he was dominant and even made most of his fts.

I'm not mad - I hate Dwight Coward because he is now the enemy. Don't take it personal, I hate the Miami Heat too
:laugh3:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dwight Coward is a good player, but everyone already knows that he left Los Angeles because he was afraid of the pressure that would be involved in winning a championship. The fact is that he never won any in Orlando who tried to do everything to please the guy and never considered Los Angeles for a minute which is fine. I am happy with him in Houston if he can't be in Los Angeles because it guarantees that he won't be winning a championship anytime soon:laugh3:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, Shaq never won a ring in Orlando either.........................

:scratch:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston at the moment have a better chance to win a title in near future compared to the Lakers

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston at the moment have a better chance to win a title in near future compared to the Lakers

And LOL at saying that Dwight doesn't improve your chances at winning a title this year or the next.

He is a huge piece to a team puzzle. Wing players are a dime a dozen. You get D12, add a bunch of players who can play D and you have the Pacers. Find an Elite player who wants to come there like a Durant or maybe you get a wiggins type in the draft...add in one more scorer even Melo would work. It sounds both easy and really hard but it is much easier to get those players who can score than inside players who can defend.