• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrelle Pryor

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep and RGIII blew us all away to start with, but here we are a dozen plus games later a bit unimpressed. You have to wonder if Pryor can keep it going or if once teams figure him out he's done. I mean Troy Smith looked good for us for all of about 2 games. Shaun Hill looked good in brief spurts as well. Sustaining success in the NFL as a QB though is not easy.

RGIII season >>>>>> Kaepernick's season. RGIII has thrown for over 300 yards a game, so it isn't entirely fair to say he's been figured out or shut down at this point. Also I want to wait until the rust wears off and he gets back into the swing of things before I pass judgement.

The difference between guys like Troy Smith and Pryor is that Smith relied purely on luck and athletic ability, he really didn't fool too many of us that have been around the game for a while because we could see that his success wouldn't last, I remember having that same conversation on the ESPN boards. Pryor on the other hand used ball placement and accuracy tonight instead of relying purely on athletic talent, he played as part of the offense. That is was why I was so impressed by his performance.

As for guys like Shaun Hill, he could only dream of having the arm strength, speed, size, strength, etc. that Pryor has.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII season >>>>>> Kaepernick's season. RGIII has thrown for over 300 yards a game, so it isn't entirely fair to say he's been figured out or shut down at this point. Also I want to wait until the rust wears off and he gets back into the swing of things before I pass judgement.

The difference between guys like Troy Smith and Pryor is that Smith relied purely on luck and athletic ability, he really didn't fool too many of us that have been around the game for a while because we could see that his success wouldn't last, I remember having that same conversation on the ESPN boards. Pryor on the other hand used ball placement and accuracy tonight instead of relying purely on athletic talent, he played as part of the offense. That is was why I was so impressed by his performance.

As for guys like Shaun Hill, he could only dream of having the arm strength, speed, size, strength, etc. that Pryor has.

You forgot the most important thing Troy relied upon - the Anyone But Alex fascination. Everyone loves the backup, especially if they backed up Alex from 2007-2010. I am glad that Kaepernick wasn't that - he actually has talent that can work in the NFL.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if you have seen any Redskins games, but I have and while RGIII hasn't been terrible, his 1st half play has been pretty bad and even though the D has been pretty bad, his play has definitely had a huge impact on their 0-3 start. Against the Eagles they were down 3 scores at half and same with the Packers.

COMP ATT YDS CMP% TD INT RAT ATT YDS YPC
1ST HALF 25 45 280 55.6 0 3 46.5 5 10 2.0
2ND HALF 63 94 695 67.0 5 1 102.0 10 52 5.2

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Terrelle Pryor - QB - Raiders

Terrelle Pryor completed 19-of-28 passes for 281 yards and one touchdown in Monday night's Week 3, 37-21 loss to the Broncos before leaving late in the fourth quarter with a concussion.

He got crunched between Danny Trevathan and Wesley Woodyard on a QB draw near the goal line with just a couple minutes remaining. Pryor played two more plays before heading to the locker room for further tests. Matt Flynn came on and went 1-for-2 for 19 yards. Before leaving, Pryor added 36 yards rushing on four carries. He looked to have happy feet in the pocket once again, but Pryor made some nice throws. He hit Denarius Moore on a 73-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Two defenders missed tackles on the play, but it was still a good throw deep down the right hashes. The Raiders host the Redskins next Sunday. Pryor will have to pass concussion protocol on a short week.

Sep 23 - 11:53 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that Terrelle Pryor (concussion) is unlikely to play Sunday against the Redskins.

Pryor was cleared to resume practicing Thursday, but mostly did side work without his helmet. Matt Flynn has taken all the Raiders' first-team reps so far this week. Pryor's absence would be a huge blow to Darren McFadden's fantasy value, as DMC's mini-resurgence has appeared largely dependent on the running lanes Pryor's scrambling ability creates. For now, Pryor is Rotoworld's No. 13 quarterback for Week 4, but that will likely change on Friday. Owners in two-QB leagues need to be making other plans. Flynn would be just the matchup the Redskins' beleaguered defense needs to get on track. Related: Darren McFadden, Matt Flynn
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 26 - 6:40 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So far, he's having an amazing first quarter.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, he's having an amazing first quarter.

I'm impressed didn't expect him to be much of anything. He still makes some bone headed plays that make you think what the hell?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he might be safe for now, Freeman signed with the Vikings.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Former Colts GM Bill Polian called Terrelle Pryor the most improved player in the NFL he's seen this season.

We couldn't agree more. Unfairly labeled as a Tim Tebow type, Pryor currently ranks fifth in the NFL in completion percentage (68.3), sixth in YPA (8.13) and eighth in passer rating (97.6). He's also rushing for 57.2 yards per game and is 2-2 in his four starts. Showing more and more as a passer each week, Pryor has gobs of upside as both a fantasy player and a potential long-term quarterback for the Raiders.
Source: ESPN.com

Oct 9 - 10:05 AM