• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teo got robbed

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had the same arguement sat night before the presentation...Jones is WAAY better...but he doesnt have the sad story, so he was overlooked!

sad story?

are you saying Te-o has a sad story and if so, what is it? Te-o himself or something related to ND?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys heard it lol. Now the only problem is we'll have to remember the deal when the games played. Seems like it's years away lol.

should find a way to create a new thread, label bet between X and Y and stickied so the both of you can always return to it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on his stats, which I had to look at since I didn't watch every game, his best games were against Florida and Alabama, the only good teams he played against. I didn't watch all of his games, he was pretty impressive when I did watch.

Edit: he did good in the Missouri game too.

He had 5TD's or more against SMU, SCState, LouTech, Auburn, SHSU, and Mizzou. 4TD's against Arkansas.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad story?

are you saying Te-o has a sad story and if so, what is it? Te-o himself or something related to ND?

Manti Te'o's girlfriend and grandmother died within days from each other

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 5TD's or more against SMU, SCState, LouTech, Auburn, SHSU, and Mizzou. 4TD's against Arkansas.

I was talking about Jarvis Jones being better lol. But, maybe he was talking about Manziel in which case yeah, he put up most of his numbers against bad teams.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manti Te'o's girlfriend and grandmother died within days from each other

mahalo

don't know how the majority of voters would take this, but for me, i'd judge them on just their season of football. this may not be right, cold hearted, whatever.......but thats how i'd judge it.

how do you factor in a players worth to his team? how do you judge how much he elevated his team from the leadership, mental, emotional, etc. part?

was pulling for Te'o but knew it was unlikely.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Jarvis Jones being better lol. But, maybe he was talking about Manziel in which case yeah, he put up most of his numbers against bad teams.

I'm; on cold medicine, I might have missed a few posts :L

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mahalo

don't know how the majority of voters would take this, but for me, i'd judge them on just their season of football. this may not be right, cold hearted, whatever.......but thats how i'd judge it.

how do you factor in a players worth to his team? how do you judge how much he elevated his team from the leadership, mental, emotional, etc. part?

was pulling for Te'o but knew it was unlikely.

I agree it should be on the field, off the field should be hands off(pending the circumstance), I mean the heisman or an MVP award isn't a charity(and I ABSOLUTELY MEAN NO DISRESPECT OR ILL WILL), ESPN and other media networks were playing that angle and I didn't appreciate it at all.

I said it earlier, it's harder to single out a defendor in a defense where as you could cherry pick in an offense. I won't comment about Teo's worth, I'm sure he's a good LB but how good vs the others in the nation today or of years past?

I believe he's a great leader, you can tell that would be something strong in him base of his appearance, manners and his ability to vocalize his thoughts and means.

It was a weak class, plain and simple. These guys wouldn't sniff it in any other years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it should be on the field, off the field should be hands off(pending the circumstance), I mean the heisman or an MVP award isn't a charity(and I ABSOLUTELY MEAN NO DISRESPECT OR ILL WILL), ESPN and other media networks were playing that angle and I didn't appreciate it at all.

I said it earlier, it's harder to single out a defendor in a defense where as you could cherry pick in an offense. I won't comment about Teo's worth, I'm sure he's a good LB but how good vs the others in the nation today or of years past?

I believe he's a great leader, you can tell that would be something strong in him base of his appearance, manners and his ability to vocalize his thoughts and means.

It was a weak class, plain and simple. These guys wouldn't sniff it in any other years.

I think of the 3, Teo has the best shot at doing something at the next level. Klein not so much, and Johnny will need to show a lot more next year to be considered by NFL teams I think.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of the 3, Teo has the best shot at doing something at the next level. Klein not so much, and Johnny will need to show a lot more next year to be considered by NFL teams I think.

could be very true, the heisman winner doesn't necessarily mean a great NFL player... that's for certain.

Don't sleep on Johnny Football yet though... his best game would be in a wide spread offense. HA I can see Dallas making a play.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
could be very true, the heisman winner doesn't necessarily mean a great NFL player... that's for certain.

Don't sleep on Johnny Football yet though... his best game would be in a wide spread offense. HA I can see Dallas making a play.

yep, in 2-3 years you never know in the NFL? the way Newton, RGIII, and possibly Kaep plays, you just never know how it trends?

don't think anyone will go "wide spread" by any means, but trending to a 'running' QB is possible.