• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teo got robbed

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is important, definitely....

When talking about the Heisman, it's really an offensive players trophy...

imo this was the weakest heisman class i can remember. in a normal year teo would be maybe 3rd at best.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo this was the weakest heisman class i can remember. in a normal year teo would be maybe 3rd at best.

totally agree that it was the weakest class in a long time. I'm not even sure if ANY of the candidates this year makes it in any other year prior, TBH.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clutch plays. 7 ints for a mlb? teams couldn't do shit with teo roaming just behind the d line. i would have liked to see teo blitz more often to get those sacks/TFL for the heisman stats line, but imo winning was more important and notre dame had all the pieces fitting.

I'm just curious of your thoughts here (I frankly didn't care who got it since to me there wasn't a CLEAR favorite with the way the year went), but if ND had dropped one or two of those close/OT games, Teo still made every single play (clutch or otherwise) that he made this year but the Irish ended up with 1 or 2 losses would you still think he got jobbed?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LUV to see a defensive guy win it trust, but i don't it could happen unless its a sack record TBH, even with that, probably won't win it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious of your thoughts here (I frankly didn't care who got it since to me there wasn't a CLEAR favorite with the way the year went), but if ND had dropped one or two of those close/OT games, Teo still made every single play (clutch or otherwise) that he made this year but the Irish ended up with 1 or 2 losses would you still think he got jobbed?

the only reason the team went undefeated is because of the d. wins clearly come into play. a loss can knock a guy out of the heisman race, just like the alabama win put lil johnny over the top.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thing that sticks out with notre dame, there really isn't another star on d.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that Teo isn't even the best at his position. I'd rather have Jarvis Jones

Either way, it was a pretty soft Heisman class this year, so anyone who won could be considered 'undeserving'

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only reason the team went undefeated is because of the d. wins clearly come into play. a loss can knock a guy out of the heisman race, just like the alabama win put lil johnny over the top.

I'm not questioning your thought process, or saying the undefeated season is the reason you feel that way, I was just curious how you would have felt. Nothing wrong with it however you feel about it.

So you wouldn't feel as strongly about it had they dropped a game?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to discredit Teo's good year but it was just a weak class of Heismann candidates....

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What seperates Teo from the other defensive players? this year or any other year?

It's a numbers game and Manziel at his position had incredible #s and doing it as "freshmen" to boot.

You could Teo is a more gifted leader on/off the field but that's not the heisman.

Another thing, you can single players out on offense but its different on defense especially if its not someone who's getting the flashy #s(sacks or picks)

Case Keenums numbers were better than Manziels last year, in the same offense. Keenum finished 7th. I have a hard time believing Manziel wouldve finished in the top top last year, he won because it was a weak year, he beat the number one team, and padded his stats against pretty weak competition.

There were a lot of players this year on the "top tier" in my opinion, but it was because there weren't any players that were dominant and just a lot better than everyone else like there were last year.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is AVG...not heisman worthy!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is important, definitely....

When talking about the Heisman, it's really an offensive players trophy...

Manziel made clutch plays too, beat the tide in Bama's playground almost defeated LSU, took out Mizz & Miss St, almost had the Gators in FL... all this in their first year in the SEC(which in itself has more media exposure)

They probably wouldve beat LSU had Manziel played well. Instead he threw 3 picks and only completed half of his passes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably wouldve beat LSU had Manziel played well. Instead he threw 3 picks and only completed half of his passes.

I remember that game well, I was blown away how A&M blew it, they held LSU in check and seemingly moving the ball at will.

Then LSU woke up and checked him in the 2nd half. Some bad decisions on Manziel's part too...

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
there was nothing that Teo has # wise over the QBs, unless he was a sack master or tackler extraordinair, offense guys would always win it.

it goes back to being a weak Heisman race from the jump

You know how we hold Justin Smith as one of the best D-linemen in the league even though his stats seem mediocre? Teo did the stuff. When a game was on the line he'd stuff a RB at goal line or intercept the ball clinching the game. You guys are too obsessed with stats. Do you believe a QB's rating means a damn thing too? Take Manziel off that team and with that line and that much time, he's replaceable. Take Manti off of Notre Dame and you have a 7-9 win team.

Only reason he didn't win it is cause it's an offensive award. They just haven't made that official.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how we hold Justin Smith as one of the best D-linemen in the league even though his stats seem mediocre? Teo did the stuff. When a game was on the line he'd stuff a RB at goal line or intercept the ball clinching the game. You guys are too obsessed with stats. Do you believe a QB's rating means a damn thing too? Take Manziel off that team and with that line and that much time, he's replaceable. Take Manti off of Notre Dame and you have a 7-9 win team.

lol I'm not much of a stats guy myself. I luv me some Justin and what he's done for Aldon!

End of the day, Justin isn't winning DMVP or MVP of the year. Those awards go to the stats leaders.

It sucks but the voters, in the case of a Heisman goes to offense first.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Manti off of Notre Dame and you have a 7-9 win team.

That's pretty much how it works with any Heisman caliber player.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldve been said about whoever won this year...

well, BAMA didnt have a standout LB this year...but I looked up the numbers, and CJ's stats are almost the same as Teo...which proves that Teo is avg! Im sure NONE of you have even heard of CJ Mosely...

teo cj
tackles 103 99
TFL 5.5 7
INT 7 2
sacks 2 4
fumbles 0 1
TD 0 0

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure there are a few guys out there with better numbers!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning your thought process, or saying the undefeated season is the reason you feel that way, I was just curious how you would have felt. Nothing wrong with it however you feel about it.

So you wouldn't feel as strongly about it had they dropped a game?

well they didn't