• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teo got robbed

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't have a ton of tackles but on the #1 d, you're not getting as many. lots of clutch plays all season in key situations.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, he got jobbed. The voters went with the sexy pick instead of the person who deserved it.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agreed.

Went with someone who put up good numbers against bad competition.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probably true. But I hate Notre Dame, so I am happy at the end result. Go Johnny Football!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A9j7bzWCAAIVyfu.jpg:large

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I forgot with college football video game it was let alone which system (Super Nitendo? Playstation?) but Dat Nguyen was unstoppable in that game. It was unfair using A&M on people.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it pretty much says how weak of a Heisman class it was IMHO. These guys wouldn't get a look had it been nearly any other year.

Teo got too much attention for something that happens almost every year for a LB. because he's on the #1 team? Talk the Bamas, LSUs, Gators, USCs etc...

IIRC, he didn't necessarily lead the nation in anything. Nothing amazing with tackles nor sacks for that matter. Didn't haul in crazy INTs. There were no #s there to support him IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me, it pretty much says how weak of a Heisman class it was IMHO. These guys wouldn't get a look had it been nearly any other year.

Teo got too much attention for something that happens almost every year for a LB. because he's on the #1 team? Talk the Bamas, LSUs, Gators, USCs etc...

IIRC, he didn't necessarily lead the nation in anything. Nothing amazing with tackles nor sacks for that matter. Didn't haul in crazy INTs. There were no #s there to support him IMO.

I agree with that!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't have a ton of tackles but on the #1 d, you're not getting as many. lots of clutch plays all season in key situations.

He's one of the most over-hyped players in college football. The best player in the nation, Marquis Lee, was not even invited to New York.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure there were some amazing defensive players, but this year there were no qb's deserving of it.

there was nothing that Teo has # wise over the QBs, unless he was a sack master or tackler extraordinair, offense guys would always win it.

it goes back to being a weak Heisman race from the jump

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure there were some amazing defensive players, but this year there were no qb's deserving of it.

While I admit that it was a weak year for the candidates, Manziel broke a ton of SEC records. His numbers were right there with RGIII if not a little better.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I admit that it was a weak year for the candidates, Manziel broke a ton of SEC records. His numbers were right there with RGIII if not a little better.

thats the thing its always back to numbers. great offenses and big numbers for qb's go hand in hand. its not the same for great defenses. look at willis, his best seasons stats wise was when we sucked.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the thing its always back to numbers. great offenses and big numbers for qb's go hand in hand. its not the same for great defenses. look at willis, his best seasons stats wise was when we sucked.

What seperates Teo from the other defensive players? this year or any other year?

It's a numbers game and Manziel at his position had incredible #s and doing it as "freshmen" to boot.

You could Teo is a more gifted leader on/off the field but that's not the heisman.

Another thing, you can single players out on offense but its different on defense especially if its not someone who's getting the flashy #s(sacks or picks)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What seperates Teo from the other defensive players? this year or any other year?

It's a numbers game and Manziel at his position had incredible #s and doing it as "freshmen" to boot.

You could Teo is a more gifted leader on/off the field but that's not the heisman.

Another thing, you can single players out on offense but its different on defense especially if its not someone who's getting the flashy #s(sacks or picks)

clutch plays. 7 ints for a mlb? teams couldn't do shit with teo roaming just behind the d line. i would have liked to see teo blitz more often to get those sacks/TFL for the heisman stats line, but imo winning was more important and notre dame had all the pieces fitting.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clutch plays. 7 ints for a mlb? teams couldn't do shit with teo roaming just behind the d line. i would have liked to see teo blitz more often to get those sacks/TFL for the heisman stats line, but imo winning was more important and notre dame had all the pieces fitting.

Winning is important, definitely....

When talking about the Heisman, it's really an offensive players trophy...

Manziel made clutch plays too, beat the tide in Bama's playground almost defeated LSU, took out Mizz & Miss St, almost had the Gators in FL... all this in their first year in the SEC(which in itself has more media exposure)