• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee fires Jeremy Pruitt

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huepel is not a bad coach. I'm kind of surprised that he agreed to take the Tennessee job so quickly, knowing that the Vols may soon (or, not-so-soon) be hammered by NCAA sanctions. I'm guessing he figured even another unbeaten run at UCF wouldn't be enough to get his team into the playoffs, so he might as well take his shot with one of the big boys.

Of course, taking over a mid-to-bottom level SEC team is not going to get him any closer; but if he is able to eventually put together a few 9- & 10-win seasons on a regular basis, he could put himself on track to be hired someplace where he would have a better chance at competing for a championship.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he beats his wife and sleeps with barn animals....

To say you can't win a championship at Tennessee is some of the dumbest shit posted on here. It won't be easy but If he can get tennessee back to 9 to 10 a year he won't be going anywhere. Vol fans would cuck out the own wife's to be relevant again

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he beats his wife and sleeps with barn animals....

To say you can't win a championship at Tennessee is some of the dumbest shit posted on here. It won't be easy but If he can get tennessee back to 9 to 10 a year he won't be going anywhere. Vol fans would cuck out the own wife's to be relevant again
Obviously, I disagree. There are 3 big hurdles that can keep UT out of the championship hunt on a yearly basis: Alabama, Georgia & Florida. And you never know who that second team out of the West is going to be on a yearly basis.

Besides that, the Vols are way behind, talent-wise, when it comes to the top 5 or 6 teams in the league, and they have/or are about to lose several players via the transfer portal. Nobody knows what kind of effect that pending NCAA investigations might have on those numbers, either.

I'm not saying the Vols can't get back to 9 or 10 wins a year, eventually; just that they may not be able to get above that number of wins anytime soon.