• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ten Bears in their walk year

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important Chicago Bears entering 2019 with expiring contracts

It will be interesting to see who we try to extend or who we let walk. Personally for me, the most surprising name on this list is Cody Whitehair. Guess I wasn't paying attention to the status of his existing contract. Assuming he has another solid year in finally getting to play his natural position at guard, he would be at the top of my must sign list. Roy Robertson-Harris and Danny Trevathan would be not far behind, altho I suspect this is Danny's last year with the Bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will almost certainly pickup the 5th year option on Whitehair's rookie deal. That isn't an issue.

Trevathan turns 30 just after the conclusion to this season. We're going to have to make sacrifices somewhere and he makes a lot of sense. He's getting up there in age, but will still cost a pretty penny to retain. Not a fan of paying for players like that. Very real chance we could get his last prime year and then cut him loose at the perfect time.

RRH will be a restricted free agent next year. So, that helps our possibilities of retaining him, if we wish to do so.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will almost certainly pickup the 5th year option on Whitehair's rookie deal. That isn't an issue.

Trevathan turns 30 just after the conclusion to this season. We're going to have to make sacrifices somewhere and he makes a lot of sense. He's getting up there in age, but will still cost a pretty penny to retain. Not a fan of paying for players like that. Very real chance we could get his last prime year and then cut him loose at the perfect time.

RRH will be a restricted free agent next year. So, that helps our possibilities of retaining him, if we wish to do so.

This is a truly naive but sincere question....being that Cody wasn't a 1st round pick, do we have a 5th year option on him?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a truly naive but sincere question....being that Cody wasn't a 1st round pick, do we have a 5th year option on him?

Oh yeah, sorry. Brain fart. lol

He plays like a first round pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, sorry. Brain fart. lol

He plays like a first round pick.
LOL, no problem, I get one of those about every other post. And yes, Cody does play as if he was a 1st rounder. I'm also in semi-agreement about Trevethan. He's 29 which in football terms is definitely on the downslope of his career. I'd like to see how he performs this year. He sure doesn't play old and in fact last year was his best season as a Bear. If he still shows he has it, I'd hope Pace and him could work out some kind of deal to extend him at least a couple more years.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, no problem, I get one of those about every other post. And yes, Cody does play as if he was a 1st rounder. I'm also in semi-agreement about Trevethan. He's 29 which in football terms is definitely on the downslope of his career. I'd like to see how he performs this year. He sure doesn't play old and in fact last year was his best season as a Bear. If he still shows he has it, I'd hope Pace and him could work out some kind of deal to extend him at least a couple more years.

Especially since, aside from Whitehair and RRH, the rest on that list are pretty expendable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since, aside from Whitehair and RRH, the rest on that list are pretty expendable.
Agreed on that. I was pleasantly surprised when first viewing the list that most of these players are quite replaceable.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears still have cap space....16 million in fact...and there's no doubt a portion of that is earmarked for Whitehair.

I would expect an extension for him to be inked before the game with the Packers or in the early portion of the season similar to what they did with Hicks a couple seasons ago.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathan will be gone. Roquan Smith will be more than ready to QB the defense by the 2020 season. Kwiatkowski isn't someome who fits the D well so i wouldn't be surprised to see one of our top picks next year spent on a new running mate in the middle for Smith.

Hopefully we don't lose RRH but i could easily see a team offering him a pretty nice deal, though him being restricted helps.

Whitehair needs to be extended with the quickness. Him and Daniels in the middle are crucial.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget Eddie Jackson. He'll be a free agent in 2021 but likely Pace will want to lock him up this time next year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehair is the only one I want to give a long extension to. It’d be nice to bring back trevathan on maybe a 2 year deal. RRH would be nice to bring back, but I think he’s going to shine this year and get a bigger contract somewhere else. Lynch might be nice to bring back on a short contract. The jury is out on haha, but I think this situation has a 1 year partnership written all over it. Either he is better than average and gets a bigger contract elsewhere, or he sucks and we don’t want him back.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehair is the only one I want to give a long extension to. It’d be nice to bring back trevathan on maybe a 2 year deal. RRH would be nice to bring back, but I think he’s going to shine this year and get a bigger contract somewhere else. Lynch might be nice to bring back on a short contract. The jury is out on haha, but I think this situation has a 1 year partnership written all over it. Either he is better than average and gets a bigger contract elsewhere, or he sucks and we don’t want him back.

Agreed on Haha. Predicting what will come of him this season is very difficult. I could see Bears fans loathing him. I could also see us praising how well he fits into the scheme. He's had a bit of a roller coaster career.