• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tell me who the common denomintor is and then tell me who the real problem child is...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embid's a great player and all but he is coming off as being a bit of a pest or the type of guy that you would want on your team but hate to play against.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the same time, bigs that would have thrived from the 80's through about 2010 would have difficulty today for the same reason Steph Curry thrives. So, with either extreme, you lose potentially great players.

Imo, if the league allowed the level of physical play that we saw in 80's, that would be just about right. Back then, the offenses were a lot like today, but without the emphasis on the 3 and defenses were actually allowed to defend.

I am Okay with 80s rules, but I disagree to an extent about the bigs.

Bigs who could move and relied on skill (Hakeem, Kareem, Robinson) would have thrived in today's game. It would have looked different, but they would still be just as dominant, perhaps more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bigs who could move and relied on skill (Hakeem, Kareem, Robinson) would have thrived in today's game. It would have looked different, but they would still be just as dominant, perhaps more.

Maybe, but the more physical bigs like Shaq and to an extent, Karl Malone would suffer. The nice thing about the 80's rules is that there is room for the Shaq's, the Steph's and everyone in between.

That's far more inclusive and and isn't that what we all really want?

Can I get a Kumbaya?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but the more physical bigs like Shaq and to an extent, Karl Malone would suffer. The nice thing about the 80's rules is that there is room for the Shaq's, the Steph's and everyone in between.

That's far more inclusive and and isn't that what we all really want?

Can I get a Kumbaya?

Totally agree with that

Kumbaya

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing I would really like to see the league clamp down on is the moving pick. You basically have to tackle someone to get called for a moving pick today.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I would really like to see the league clamp down on is the moving pick. You basically have to tackle someone to get called for a moving pick today.

I wouldn't mind that.

The only real issue I have with current rule interpretations is how much leeway players are given complaining to refs.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That, but also the Harden foul-draw where you kick your leg out while you shoot or launch yourself into the defender and get free throws.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, but also the Harden foul-draw where you kick your leg out while you shoot or launch yourself into the defender and get free throws.

Yeah. I agree with you there.