• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tell me who the common denomintor is and then tell me who the real problem child is...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already at that point.

Would be perfectly fine if he never won a title

Given the current strategery of the front office/Brett Brown, I don't think you'll have to worry about this.
Miss 3 games for load management, play 20 of 24 minutes in the first half, then get exhausted in the 4th quarter when the other team drops 40+.

Playoff-ready!!!

Has anyone seen my panic button.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the current strategery of the front office/Brett Brown, I don't think you'll have to worry about this.
Miss 3 games for load management, play 20 of 24 minutes in the first half, then get exhausted in the 4th quarter when the other team drops 40+.

Playoff-ready!!!

Has anyone seen my panic button.....

Yeah that whole resting him for an entire 3 game trip seem pretty dumb.

IMO he should have played the first 2 and rest against Atlanta since that was the 1st leg of a B2B.

How much rest does this guy need? He missed like 2+ weeks after the AS break

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that whole resting him for an entire 3 game trip seem pretty dumb.

IMO he should have played the first 2 and rest against Atlanta since that was the 1st leg of a B2B.

How much rest does this guy need? He missed like 2+ weeks after the AS break

No idea.
The face injury/mask was the excuse last year.
This year will be load management and all the new faces.

And I get it. GSW didn't dominate right away, it took time.
But you kinda had 20+ games to figure some things out.... :hmm: :wtf2: :think: :scratch:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe was clearly in the wrong. There was a minor scuffle which happens all the time in every game. Bledoe put an elbow into Embiid's back. Embiid tossed the ball to Bledsoe who was so unprepared by it that he caught the ball and whipped it at Embiid.

The call by the officials was spot on correct. Double technicals and ejection for Bledsoe.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a fine line between being tough and being dirty, and Embiid is often on the wrong side of it trying to project the image that he wants. I wish he would cut back on the antics and just play basketball because he is too good to be doing this type of stuff.

That said, @HurricaneDij39 hasn't learned anything. I don't care how much you dislike a player (and you have good reason to dislike Embiid) wishing injury on somebody is just foul.

I've never seen Embiid do anything dirty.

He's a shit talker and that irritates players. I get that. But that doesn't make him dirty.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea.
The face injury/mask was the excuse last year.
This year will be load management and all the new faces.

And I get it. GSW didn't dominate right away, it took time.
But you kinda had 20+ games to figure some things out.... :hmm: :wtf2: :think: :scratch:

Sixers lose in the 1st round, Brown is toast.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen Embiid do anything dirty.

He's a shit talker and that irritates players. I get that. But that doesn't make him dirty.

He's not dirty, per se, but he's an instigator.

In soccer terms, that's the dark arts (flopping, time wasting, etc.), and he is fully fluent in that language. You love him when he's on your team and you hate him on the other team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too. someone needs need to go artest-mode on embiid. yeah we get it dude, you're big, just because you're big doesn't mean you can't get knocked the fuck out.

giphy.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not dirty, per se, but he's an instigator.

In soccer terms, that's the dark arts (flopping, time wasting, etc.), and he is fully fluent in that language. You love him when he's on your team and you hate him on the other team.

Oh yeah. I get why people hate him. I have no problem with that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure i agree. gotta say the rougher style back then separated the men from the boys...

also, more emphasis on defense in those days...

...and there still was enough offense to entertain. Basketball these days has become WAY too much about the 3 point shot IMO. If you have the right guys (like the Warriors), fine. So many of these teams do not, yet still play that way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day, punches would have been thrown. I guess you want guys to be suspended for throwing the basketball back and forth now and a couple little pushes.

Punches should have been thrown. I want to see Embiid get knocked the fuck out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sport was way less fun then

Now guys complain about getting touched on their lower back when they are posting up. Guys kick their leg out on 3 pointers and expect a call. The league might be exciting bc of all the 3 pointers but it was pretty damn fun even back in the 90's-00's

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and there still was enough offense to entertain. Basketball these days has become WAY too much about the 3 point shot IMO. If you have the right guys (like the Warriors), fine. So many of these teams do not, yet still play that way.

Offense was terrible though.

Way too many teams played ISO ball.

While not perfect, today's brand of basketball is just flat out better, IMO. A guy like Curry would have had difficulty in the 90s because of the rules and the style. And I flat out hate that.

I like that the current rules prioritize actual skill over thuggery.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was terrible though.

Way too many teams played ISO ball.

While not perfect, today's brand of basketball is just flat out better, IMO. A guy like Curry would have had difficulty in the 90s because of the rules and the style. And I flat out hate that.

I like that the current rules prioritize actual skill over thuggery.

But at the same time, bigs that would have thrived from the 80's through about 2010 would have difficulty today for the same reason Steph Curry thrives. So, with either extreme, you lose potentially great players.

Imo, if the league allowed the level of physical play that we saw in 80's, that would be just about right. Back then, the offenses were a lot like today, but without the emphasis on the 3 and defenses were actually allowed to defend.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the same time, bigs that would have thrived from the 80's through about 2010 would have difficulty today for the same reason Steph Curry thrives. So, with either extreme, you lose potentially great players.

Imo, if the league allowed the level of physical play that we saw in 80's, that would be just about right. Back then, the offenses were a lot like today, but without the emphasis on the 3 and defenses were actually allowed to defend.

Totally with this. Always did favor the bigs back in the day...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Please give this guy the Ron Artest/Dryamond Green treatment and suspend his ass. This has gone much too far. Let's just say Paul George is no longer the NBA player I'd wish injury on...

Basketball is just chock full of pussies with no self respect. It's nearly as bad as soccer.