• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tejada/Rowand DFA'd

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this really could wake up our team though

I think so 100%.

For the players that are really trying, it tells them that the FO is aware and is willing to crack the whip on the guys who are not producing.

For the slackers, it tells them that things are changing, and last year was last year. The FO is aware and is willing to crack the whip on the guys who are not producing.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I tell my wife "Hey babe so the Giants cut Rowand today, you know that guy with the stoopid batting stance?" and she says very innocently "Ohhh, well I never saw him get a hit anyway."

Well that's the fuckin truth ain't it?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I tell my wife "Hey babe so the Giants cut Rowand today, you know that guy with the stoopid batting stance?" and she says very innocently "Ohhh, well I never saw him get a hit anyway."

I've never met any of your wives...Heck, I've never met any of you! Yet I can confidently say that our wives have got it figured out when it comes to The Giants.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She's a keeper. My wife said (and understand she's Canadian and knows NOTHING about baseball):

"Didn't he have time to go to the bathroom before he bats?"

:canada:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's a keeper. My wife said (and understand she's Canadian and knows NOTHING about baseball):

"Didn't he have time to go to the bathroom before he bats?"

:canada:

Well she sounds like she knows what she's talking about!

Mine just bought me tickets to the game on the 13th... and an iced coffee too =)

vasfgiantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Glad they got rid of both of them. Kicking them off just one day was definitely sending a message because if they waited one more day, they could have waited one more day to get the new guys here, and just ride the bench. Off the team, and eating $14 million for Rowand was the biggest message. I think it is a message for Huff, if he doesn't turn it around and be totally ready, he will be a DFA candidate early next year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they got rid of both of them. Kicking them off just one day was definitely sending a message because if they waited one more day, they could have waited one more day to get the new guys here, and just ride the bench. Off the team, and eating $14 million for Rowand was the biggest message. I think it is a message for Huff, if he doesn't turn it around and be totally ready, he will be a DFA candidate early next year.

I don't think Huff is a candidate for a DFA. His career trends are Good - Bad - Good - Bad etc, so he is due for a good year next year. He will also be in a contract year, so there is extra incentive for him to do well.

i would be SHOCKED if Huff were DFA'd at any point next year.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Huff is a candidate for a DFA. His career trends are Good - Bad - Good - Bad etc, so he is due for a good year next year. He will also be in a contract year, so there is extra incentive for him to do well.

I have to agree...even if he is sucking balls this time next year the worst that will happen is he will collect splinters. He meant too much to the WS team to do this to.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have to agree...even if he is sucking balls this time next year the worst that will happen is he will collect splinters. He meant too much to the WS team to do this to.

Like Cal said, Huff will be in a contract year and motivated. I doubt he will be the same out of shape POS that he is this year.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As bad as Huff has been Rowand was 10 times worse for 3 times the $$ I can't hate Huff he did enough last year to put up with a year like this as far as I'm concerned.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she sounds like she knows what she's talking about!

Mine just bought me tickets to the game on the 13th... and an iced coffee too =)

definite keeper. she got a sister thats into 20 year old guys?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jumping in late to this thread just to say :party::horn:

This is like a colon cleansing. Maybe now they can't stop playing like they're backed up.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Phillies interested in Rowand according to csnphilly.com.

One fan's response:

F Aaron Rowand. What did he ever do besides run into a wall? He was overrated here because of that one play. He was a cry baby even when he was here and got worse when he was in SF. He is another Billy Wagner. Now he is old and his skills have deteriorated even more. He is slow, can't get to balls, can't hit...he is worthless. He should retire, stay home, and run into the side of his garage to re-live his glory day.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies interested in Rowand according to csnphilly.com.

One fan's response:

F Aaron Rowand. What did he ever do besides run into a wall? He was overrated here because of that one play. He was a cry baby even when he was here and got worse when he was in SF. He is another Billy Wagner. Now he is old and his skills have deteriorated even more. He is slow, can't get to balls, can't hit...he is worthless. He should retire, stay home, and run into the side of his garage to re-live his glory day.

lol, perfect.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Huff has been Rowand was 10 times worse for 3 times the $$ I can't hate Huff he did enough last year to put up with a year like this as far as I'm concerned.

In meager defense of Huff, at least he had a .750 OPS in Aug when the rest of the hitters were folding like tight poker players with sh!tty hole cards.

I think if he could have one good game (tonight would work for me!), we would see the 2010 Huff in a hurry.