• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim-Tebow-meme-5.jpg

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday should be interesting in the great 3rd string QB battle of 2015. Both players should get a half. The fact that Barkley is evidently getting the first half shows that he is favored.

One great point that Wings had was that you want your 3rd stringer to be your eventual 2nd or even first stringer. If not, then why keep them at all? For that reason, I think the competition here is as much with themselves as each other. They need to show they can eventually move up the ladder in order to convince Kelly to keep three quarterbacks.

From that perspective, I think Barkley has a couple of strikes against him. The team saw fit this offseason to re-sign Sanchez as the number two. That is a huge vote of no confident in Barkley. Why spend the big bucks on Sanchez if they really liked Barkley? Barkley needed this training camp to change that opinion on him and I don't think he has done that to date.

Tebow may have an extra way to make this team if the gadget plays we say last week were to be a part of Kelly's plan. The fact they were unsuccessful works against Tebow though. That said, Tebow has went from looking horrible to mediocre over this training camp, and Kelly has continuously commented on his improved throwing. Kelly may believe that Tebow has an upside to develop into a competent number two given additional time in the system. Time Barkley has already received and arguably not benefited from. After all, its only been one training camp for Tebow.

That being said, I think this game is huge. If one of them can come out and light it up a little, I think they win a job. Otherwise I think they both could find themselves being cut.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reporter got all his facts right.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady doesn't win his appeal, perhaps the Patriots shell out some good money to have a better safety blanket than Ryan Lindley for Garroppolo. That really makes sense with his experience there.

Any of a these 8 teams could also decide to upgrade their backup....

26. AJ McCarron, Bengals

I didn't see the game but at least according to the box score McCarron had a pretty good game versus the Bears:
12/17 149 yds. 8.8 avg.
1 TD
0 Int
sacked 2 times for 13 yds
117.0 rating

He stepped in with the starters when Dalton went out with a sore neck. I can't find any news on McCarron being injured - maybe confusing with the Dalton injury?

Anyways I don't think the Bengals are looking to replace McCarron - he might even move up to 2nd string QB

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article was dead on.....Yep, he said TEBOW SUCKS! Just like I said.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else is new? The sky is blue.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have RG3. :dhd:

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same "well connected reporter" says that might be a possibility.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get the hatred for Tebow, Wings. Just let it go, if you think Chip is fantastic, which most of us agree. He will make the best decision. I still think there is a very good chance he cuts both Bark and Tim. And, that will be the best decision. Whatever, give it a break.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all us of Tebow fans are irrational Bible Thumpers. Some of us remember arguably the greatest QB in college history...the Heisman...the National Championship. Some of us recognize that while ugly at times, the run in Denver was no fluke..neither the wins nor the losses. Some of us root for a guy that doesn't walk away when things get tough, but continues to work on his game, persevere and believe in himself and his ability to improve. Some of us think Tebow has that intangible "it" factor that can't be coached. A true love of the game and the passion to work hard at your craft. Your born with it or your not. Some of us think that a coach like Kelly is just the sort of guy to recognize that and develop him into a solid backup in a system where a versatile player brings extra value.

Personally, I will always root for the Tebows of the world.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Dave. the world has more than enough low-life's.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no issue with people who are making an honest observation that he doesn't measure up. He very well may not.

I have been a fan of Jeff Innes on WIP, but I really think what he is doing in mocking Tebow is unconcionable. What Tebow is attempting is a real life Rocky Balboa sort of comeback. If successful, it would be a Vince Papale sort of story.

At the end of the day, in the court of public opinion, it shouldn't really matter if the guy is successful or not. What he is attempting is admirable and reflects well on his character win or lose. To mock him IMO is just wrong. I like to think that most people would admire the effort win or lose. To root against his effort reflects poorly on the human condition.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an Innes fan at all. I think he's a complete moron. Just me. I don't really like Missanelli either, but I'd take him over Innes any day. Rob Ellis is the best in radio and TV, as far as I'm concerned with the media.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record......again....I do not hate Tebow. I think he is a horrible QB but do not hate him.

He is an amazing athlete and I think if he focused on another position like TE he would probably be a stud. I mean he is 6'3 and weighs 245. He could be a stud if he focused on something else to be honest. I know his dream is to be an NFL QB and the work he put in to just get better speaks to his character as a hard worker His type of game was amazing in college but just does not translate to the pros.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't we let Chip decide? It was his idea to bring him in. That's all. Why the debate? It's not Tebow's fault that he has a following. We don't argue other players on the roster.