• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting paradox here is that it seems the widespread belief is that Tebow is a poor quarterback, which if you arrived at that opinion by simply following the crowd is arguably an objectively held belief. However, the objective statistics suggest the crowd has overstated his poorness for his career, and the short term objective statistics suggest that Tebow is better than Barkley. So you can arrive at your objective opinion that Tebow is bad by listening to the radio, or you can arrive at your objective opinion that Tebow is a great third string QB for the Eagles by looking at the objective numbers. Either the crowd is wrong or the numbers are. In either case, it is then fair to go with your gut (or your subjective opinion) on this one.

Your looking at stats as a reason to state Tebow is better than Barkley has little to no objectivity in it. You have repeatedly used stats and while they do tell part of the story they do not tell it all. Barkley has had a total of 50 NFL snaps under center and that really is not enough to use as a comparison. That does not mean Barkley is going to be a good QB but the sampling is too small to tell the whole story.

So in order to come to my conclusion I use what i have seen and added some of thoughts of NFL Analysts that have discussed discussed both QB's. What I see from Barkley is a QB that stands in the pocket and goes through is progressions and attempt to make throws. Now I conced his throws are not great but I have seen flashes. I then take a look at Tebow and I see a QB that makes one read and is then trying to figure out a way to run. He does this a whole lot. This is something that has been echoed by analysts as well. His stats further cement my theory by the low number of pass attempts he makes. I will say that his style does limit mistakes as it pertains to interceptions but a stat you have yet to menion is his fumbles. He puts the ball on the ground a lot ad is fortunate to recover a good percentage but his losses are still high. His game does not translateto success NFL and that is unfortunate for him. Even if he was to get extended play time he probably get hurt. He is a poor mans RGIII

I do applaud Tebow for not giving up. He has a dream to make it as an NFL QB and he has worked his ass off but in the end he still needs a whole lot of work.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly, that is one of the more accurate posts you have done. You made some good points. I do have to disagree with your injury comment on Tebow however. I don't think he has ever missed any time in the college or pros due to injury, despite all the running he does. The guy is built like a bull and can definitely take a pounding.

One point in Barkley's favor that keeps gnawing at me is the fact that he has been put in every game ahead of Tebow. If Kelly was really planning on moving on, you would think it would be reflected a little more in opportunity and playing time? And Barkley has maintained his #3 position in that regard.

I am looking forward to tonight. I really do think jobs are on the line and I would like to see one of these guys go out there and take it. If you can't go out there in the fourth preseason game against the other scrubs and throw a TD or 2 and put up a 90+ QB rating, then why would you make this team? If they both continue to do what they have done all preseason than I think both of them are gone.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I provide good verifiable information and you respond this way?? And you are a moderator??
Is that what you call that nonsense that you spew? You talk out your ass, then you try to make an argument based on horrific stats that make you look like a bigger ass, then as each poster points out how ridiculous you sound you keep trying to come up with some rational to your moronic argument that has absolutely no logic whatsoever. The bottom line is the man has been cast out to the scrap heap. He was dismissed by the NFL for 2 years... Then the NFL comes up with the new extra point rule, and Kelly sees a big, mobile guy that played the Qb position, let's bring him in and see if he can make these two point conversions work. Epic fail! Just like your argument. Tebow sucks, his stats sucks, his motion sucks, his decision making sucks... He is a nice kid however so he must be great. Yeah ughhh no. You wanna argue out your ass on every point, that's why many of our best posters on this board simply put you on ignore. Time to get a clue, your nonsense is old.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what you call that nonsense that you spew? You talk out your ass, then you try to make an argument based on horrific stats that make you look like a bigger ass, then as each poster points out how ridiculous you sound you keep trying to come up with some rational to your moronic argument that has absolutely no logic whatsoever. The bottom line is the man has been cast out to the scrap heap. He was dismissed by the NFL for 2 years... Then the NFL comes up with the new extra point rule, and Kelly sees a big, mobile guy that played the Qb position, let's bring him in and see if he can make these two point conversions work. Epic fail! Just like your argument. Tebow sucks, his stats sucks, his motion sucks, his decision making sucks... He is a nice kid however so he must be great. Yeah ughhh no. You wanna argue out your ass on every point, that's why many of our best posters on this board simply put you on ignore. Time to get a clue, your nonsense is old.

Six vulgarities and nothing tangible to add to the conversation. Please I do agree that one of us needs to go away. How about the guy with no class and no information.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six vulgarities and nothing tangible to add to the conversation. Please I do agree that one of us needs to go away. How about the guy with no class and no information.
LOL you are like a circus clown, you amuse me.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Wings does not post vulgarities then we would all think an impostor is posting. I am going to vouch for him (not that anyone needs to) but 20 years (damn we are getting old) I have been posting with him on various forums. He speaks his minds and does not hide his feelings. That my friends is what we call a "Philly personality".

A person should not have to change because he is MOD. I am sorry but if vulgarities offend people then need to fo find a board on Disney.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly, that is one of the more accurate posts you have done. You made some good points. I do have to disagree with your injury comment on Tebow however. I don't think he has ever missed any time in the college or pros due to injury, despite all the running he does. The guy is built like a bull and can definitely take a pounding.

One point in Barkley's favor that keeps gnawing at me is the fact that he has been put in every game ahead of Tebow. If Kelly was really planning on moving on, you would think it would be reflected a little more in opportunity and playing time? And Barkley has maintained his #3 position in that regard.

I am looking forward to tonight. I really do think jobs are on the line and I would like to see one of these guys go out there and take it. If you can't go out there in the fourth preseason game against the other scrubs and throw a TD or 2 and put up a 90+ QB rating, then why would you make this team? If they both continue to do what they have done all preseason than I think both of them are gone.

My stance has not changed. I have always stated this. The only thing I did different is check my wording. Otherwise I just ramble and move on.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wings does not post vulgarities then we would all think an impostor is posting. I am going to vouch for him (not that anyone needs to) but 20 years (damn we are getting old) I have been posting with him on various forums. He speaks his minds and does not hide his feelings. That my friends is what we call a "Philly personality".

A person should not have to change because he is MOD. I am sorry but if vulgarities offend people then need to fo find a board on Disney.

I scour the web for information and backup my thoughts. All Wings has to offer is what his "eyes" tell him (i.e. his subjective opinion formed by listening to Josh Innes and the like on the radio) and then he has the nerve to call me the clown? and a moron?

I add cogent thoughts and challenge intelligently those who disagree. At its best, we all become smarter. At its worse, some posters resort to calling people names. Some sort of insecurity that maybe, maybe they don't really know it all.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scour the web for information and backup my thoughts. All Wings has to offer is what his "eyes" tell him (i.e. his subjective opinion formed by listening to Josh Innes and the like on the radio) and then he has the nerve to call me the clown? and a moron?

And you also formed an opinion on how he felt about Tebow based on your perceptions. Wings has gone record stating that he does not hate Tebow but you decide he does anyway. You did the same thing with me as well. You don't know either of us yet you formed an opinion based on what we typed. Your also have formed subjective opinions based on what you see.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you also formed an opinion on how he felt about Tebow based on your perceptions. Wings has gone record stating that he does not hate Tebow but you decide he does anyway. You did the same thing with me as well. You don't know either of us yet you formed an opinion based on what we typed. Your also have formed subjective opinions based on what you see.

To be fair, I stated that you guys hate Tebowmania, not Tebow which Wings at least has been forthright about.

Everyone forms subjective opinions on what we see, Sometimes we are right, sometimes not. A good way of telling the difference is to see what the facts are and what others are thinking. The more educated we get, the more likely we are to be zoning in on that elusive truth.

I have generally found this board to be a good forum for accomplishing that. When the tone gets out of line toward a productive conversation as it has with Wings, I thinks its fair to call him out on that. As a mod, he should be held to a high standard on that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have generally found this board to be a good forum for accomplishing that. When the tone gets out of line toward a productive conversation as it has with Wings, I thinks its fair to call him out on that. As a mod, he should be held to a high standard on that.

If this was a job and he was getting paid I could see your point. I have been a mod before (not here KFFL) and it is tiresome and you will be suprised how few people want to do it. Wings takes as much as he gives. If you called him an ass he would accept it....probably reply and go from there. This is a message forum and most people need thick skin.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was a job and he was getting paid I could see your point. I have been a mod before (not here KFFL) and it is tiresome and you will be suprised how few people want to do it. Wings takes as much as he gives. If you called him an ass he would accept it....probably reply and go from there. This is a message forum and most people need thick skin.

I have no problem with the thick skin part. Its when the conversation becomes unproductive that I comment.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the thick skin part. Its when the conversation becomes unproductive that I comment.

Part of being an Eagles fan. Whether you want to admit it or not we are all assholes.....:lol:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of being an Eagles fan. Whether you want to admit it or not we are all assholes.....:lol:

Would love to be in a bar with you watching the game tonight. We would have some good give and take watching this epic, meaningless battle unfold.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very excited about the game tonight! It is a great night to evaluate Barkley & Tebow. I just hope we get enough tape of them holding a clipboard on the sidelines. Since that is all they will do in the season I would like to see which one looks best. :D

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very excited about the game tonight! It is a great night to evaluate Barkley & Tebow. I just hope we get enough tape of them holding a clipboard on the sidelines. Since that is all they will do in the season I would like to see which one looks best. :D

Sure hope your right. Don't want to see anyone but Bradford start after tomorrow.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's Tebow Time" :D

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are reporting that Barkley will get quarters 1 and 3. Tebow quaternary 2 and 4. That says open competition to me.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol INT on second play.

Last edited: