• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams most obsessed with their rivals

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M fans cheer every Texas misstep? Are you fucking kidding me? That writer needs to get a fucking clue and look around. A&M is the one that moved to bigger and better. Texas is the jaded bitchy ex that got left at the alter.

I agree it's a stupid list.

I disagree on your point above however, if I go by Texags, Gigem247 and twitter. Of course, it's reflected similarly on Orangebloods, Hornsports, Shaggy, etc.

But to say that A&M, at least in cyber space, has 'moved on' from Texas? I don't see that.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn seems obsessed with Alabama.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western/Central game was my first experience of college partying. Older brother went to Western and I came the weekend of the game. After that visit, I didn't think I'd make it out of college alive if people partied like that every weekend. Good times
They've messed with the weekend now. Cuz I think kids were dying.

We tried to make it every weekend, but it can't be done.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M fans cheer every Texas misstep? Are you fucking kidding me? That writer needs to get a fucking clue and look around. A&M is the one that moved to bigger and better. Texas is the jaded bitchy ex that got left at the alter.
I'd just submit that both teams mention the other in their fight songs. That's some visceral hate that will never go away, conference realignment be damned.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've messed with the weekend now. Cuz I think kids were dying.

We tried to make it every weekend, but it can't be done.
That wouldn't surprise me. I was shocked at the hatred of the students by each other. Central kids would walk by randomly during the weekend I was there and every time my brother and his friends would go crazy and they'd yell back and forth and almost get into a fight

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't surprise me. I was shocked at the hatred of the students by each other. Central kids would walk by randomly during the weekend I was there and every time my brother and his friends would go crazy and they'd yell back and forth and almost get into a fight
A lot of my high school friends threw their lives away and became Chips.

I talked a lot of shit to them anyway, but the rivalry did amp it up. Not sure I ever saw any serious Fights between our two factions. But a lot of alcohol poisoning and other dumb dumb stupid stupid stuff.

Woulda been nice if they had hockey team up there. Those games woulda been wild.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of my high school friends threw their lives away and became Chips.

I talked a lot of shit to them anyway, but the rivalry did amp it up. Not sure I ever saw any serious Fights between our two factions. But a lot of alcohol poisoning and other dumb dumb stupid stupid stuff.

Woulda been nice if they had hockey team up there. Those games woulda been wild.
The big riot at Michigan State in 99 had more Central students arrested than Spartans. My friend at CMU said there were flyers the week before the Final Four stating "Go Riot at Michigan State!"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big riot at Michigan State in 99 had more Central students arrested than Spartans. My friend at CMU said there were flyers the week before the Final Four stating "Go Riot at Michigan State!"
Ours the weekend prior to 9/11 was a lot of the same thing.

Almost all of the arrests were non-Broncos. Can't trust a Chippewa as a house guest.

(CNN packed up quick that Tuesday. Wasn't how I wanted to get em out of my front yard.)

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's a stupid list.

I disagree on your point above however, if I go by Texags, Gigem247 and twitter. Of course, it's reflected similarly on Orangebloods, Hornsports, Shaggy, etc.

But to say that A&M, at least in cyber space, has 'moved on' from Texas? I don't see that.
I think the article is a little one sided. It goes both ways although Texas has more "rivals" they do delight in every Aggie misfortune and vice versa. If I post something about Texas it's less about "hatred" and more busting balls. I would actually like to see the game played again so I understand that the only way that will happen would be for both teams to be really good and meet in the post season. Pretty sure they would dodge each other if it was Cotton Bowl or less.

Just think. It's already been long enough that all the kids currently in college haven't seen it and most of the kids in HS don't care. That's how fast it takes to end a tradition

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the article is a little one sided. It goes both ways although Texas has more "rivals" they do delight in every Aggie misfortune and vice versa. If I post something about Texas it's less about "hatred" and more busting balls. I would actually like to see the game played again so I understand that the only way that will happen would be for both teams to be really good and meet in the post season. Pretty sure they would dodge each other if it was Cotton Bowl or less.

Just think. It's already been long enough that all the kids currently in college haven't seen it and most of the kids in HS don't care. That's how fast it takes to end a tradition

it definitely goes both ways, no doubt about it.

teams just need to play again.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team most obsessed over and hated in each state.

Texas is most hated by NEBRASKA, OKLAHOMA, and TEXAS

Although I am not sure what the fuck we did to piss off Rhode Island?????

Congrats to Baylor for reaching the Big time and angering the state of New Mexico.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just pissed off because Ohio State has owned meeeechegan recently. If it was the other way around you'd be gloating. And stop w/ the Crazy Jimbo crap. There's no question he's a damn good HC. What exactly has he won though? Does he have more than two 10 win seasons or even back to back double digit win seasons? No. Does he have multiple conference crowns? No. Does he have more than 2 big time bowl W's? No. Has he played for a natty? No. Again wait until he starts actually winning stuff before ya say anyone is worried about him.

Effin' right ... for the record, I am obsessed with ohio state and I won't be happy until we beat you guys regularly. However, I don't want to see ohio state go into the toilet unless we are the ones doing the flushing. Yeah, I'd say I was a little obsessed.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that school down the road. You know, Langston.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, no no wait. I know for a fact he has the Utah one all wrong. its the other way around dude!

AggieLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. Texas A&M: This rivalry is slowly dying, thanks to A&M's move to the SEC in 2012 to escape Texas' shadow. But even though these programs haven't faced each other in four years, Aggies fans remain obsessed with their in-state rival.

Do the Aggies still want to play "tu"....Hell Yes!!! 116 years of history between us and tu didn't want to on TAMU's schedule when we moved to the SEC?!?!?!?! It would be great to bring back this game, as before, as our final regular season game!!!

Gig'Em!!